Did Someone Say KFC?

Remove this Banner Ad

We shouldn't be aligning ourselves with a fast food chain.

IMO some are better or worse than others. I wouldn’t have a problem with Guzman y Gomez for example.

I guess we all have our own preferences and opinions and experiences to draw upon. For me, KFC is hands down the worst. But then, my few KFC experiences have been comically terrible, and no way would they be in business if everybody was getting that standard of food and service out of them.

I wouldn't eat KFC at gunpoint. We shouldn't be aligning ourselves with a fast food chain.
Very limited list if we are going down this path:
  1. No gambling
  2. No smoking
  3. No alcohol
  4. No fast food
  5. No mining companies (climate change)
  6. No Facebook etc. (Mental health)
  7. No airlines (climate change)
  8. No sporting goods companies that don't sign up to the anti slave labour policies
  9. No soft drinks (health)
  10. No energy drinks (health)
  11. No meat products (Four'N Twenty, leather footballs, etc.)
  12. Etc.
By the way you are aware that the AFL is sponsored by Carlton Draft, Coca Cola, McDonalds, Sportsbet, Jim Beam, Monster Energy, Wolf Blass, Wonder White (Racist name), etc.

Why on earth not?

I guess for folks who love KFC they don’t see a problem.

I gotta admit, if In-n-Out burger was coming to Australia, and had sponsored Collingwood, then I’d be as thrilled as a pig in poo. But no way would I expect to see our players eating that stuff.

I guess for folks who love KFC they don’t see a problem.

I gotta admit, if In-n-Out burger was coming to Australia, and had sponsored Collingwood, then I’d be as thrilled as a pig in poo. But no way would I expect to see our players eating that stuff.
I eat KFC 4 times a year at most, just interested as to why we can’t be sponsored by a fast food chain?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KFC's branding and advertising is tacky as hell. That's what I associate it with when I see the logos on our jumper. Not the best.

Also I've already seen the association between the Colonel, and the stereotypes with fried chicken and our do better report being brought up on social media. Again, not the best.

I eat KFC 4 times a year at most, just interested as to why we can’t be sponsored by a fast food chain?

Sponsorship is a two way street. Not only are they being associated with us, but we're also being linked them. We don't want our brand linked to cheap crap. They'd want to be paying an absolute truckload as it weakens our brand.

Lol being aligned with KFC in no way devalues Collingwood
Of course it does. A big KFC emblem on our jumper makes people form an association - for some that will be a positive if they are KFC fans - for more it will be a negative as even those who like it know it's cheap crap.

Nobody will be turned away from Collingwood due to a KFC sponsorship
Not directly. But it's a bit like saying noone will buy KFC because their logo is on a Collingwood jumper - and in a way it's true - the mechansim by which it works isn't that direct. Meanwhile companies pay enormous money for sponsorship deals as it does increase sales.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back