Analysis Did the Tigers win by TOO much ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Frank Grimes

Premiership Player
May 8, 2007
between two bowling alley
AFL Club
Richmond
What I find funny is that people are complaining that Richmond won by too much, not that GWS lost by too much.

If there are complaints about the game not being competitive then it’s in GWS shoulders. We did our end of the bargain. We turned up and played well. GWS is the ones who played poorly for the margin to blow out.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
What I find funny is that people are complaining that Richmond won by too much, not that GWS lost by too much.

If there are complaints about the game not being competitive then it’s in GWS shoulders. We did our end of the bargain. We turned up and played well. GWS is the ones who played poorly for the margin to blow out.

Giants lowest ever score

Round: Grand Final Venue: M.C.G. Date: Sat, 28-Sep-2019 2:30 PM Attendance: 100014​
Richmond
2.3.15​
7.5.47​
12.9.81​
17.12.114​
Greater Western Sydney
1.2.8​
1.6.12​
2.7.19​
3.7.25​
Qrt margin
RI by 7​
RI by 35​
RI by 62​
RI by 89​
Qrt scores
RI 15-8​
RI 32-4​
RI 34-7​
RI 33-6​
UmpiresMatt Stevic (380), Ray Chamberlain (313), Shaun Ryan (329)

NotesPreviousCurrent
Greater Western Sydney's lowest score
29 v Hawthorn - R21,2019​
Current holder​

Tigerbob68

????????????
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

And people are not just complaining that we won by too much, some people are genuinely angry that it wasn't a close game, like the Grand Final HAS to be a more competitive match! I've asked a couple of people who have bitched to me about it how do you manufacture a close Grand Final like last year? Yes, you would think your ultimate season decider should be a showpiece game but history shows that it just doesn't work that way.
I had a Geelong supporter say to me that it was the worst Grand Final he had ever seen. I told him it was the worst since 2007 then told him to take it up with the Giants. He proceeded to tell me that they had injuries, had an extra game, had tougher finals and travel. I told him that didn't stop the Dogs in 2016. He had nothing else to say :D. My disappointment is that I didn't think to say that if the Cats hadn't have choked in the Prelim it might have been a closer GF!

GN272

All Australian
Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Jove de Tarragona (Castellers)
And people are not just complaining that we won by too much, some people are genuinely angry that it wasn't a close game, like the Grand Final HAS to be a more competitive match! I've asked a couple of people who have bitched to me about it how do you manufacture a close Grand Final like last year? Yes, you would think your ultimate season decider should be a showpiece game but history shows that it just doesn't work that way.
I had a Geelong supporter say to me that it was the worst Grand Final he had ever seen. I told him it was the worst since 2007 then told him to take it up with the Giants. He proceeded to tell me that they had injuries, had an extra game, had tougher finals and travel. I told him that didn't stop the Dogs in 2016. He had nothing else to say :D. My disappointment is that I didn't think to say that if the Cats hadn't have choked in the Prelim it might have been a closer GF!
I blame the AFL - find us a better team to play ….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,

It’s funny no one was whinging when the scats pantsed pooort

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Kitty Litter games against easybeats has them making finals every year.
And they have asked for 11 games at the velodrome, no threat to anyone they have lost the finals matches already

rado

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
We’ve put Adelaide in a coma that they can’t to get out of, the cats nightmares that’s forced them to sleep with the lights on and GWS an experience they’ll never forget whereby their pre-season will consist of sharing dummy’s.

As an added bonus, we’ve ensured the pies continue to live with the inferiority complex they were born with.

Now where is the injustice in ANY of that!!

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
As a football contest, it was a boring game. As an admiration of how good a side is, it showed how good we were relative to rest.

It wasn't a great spectacle for the game, but a testament to how good we were. We didn't lose a game after the bye. A dominant team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back