Analysis Did the Tigers win by TOO much ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Punt Road Feral

Premiership Player
Aug 23, 2007
Punt Road's Manure Pit
AFL Club
Richmond
It’s funny I got given the same thing at work on Monday morning.
“Aww but wouldn’t you have wanted a closer contest?”
* no

How many times have I sat through a belting in the 2000s and even Dimmas first season? Countless, painful hours.
Even went to Geelong in Dimmas first year when we got absolutely pumped and Hardwick claimed the only positive for the day was the cheersquad had a crack lol.
So to think I could sit there on Saturday and lap up one of the most glorious halves of football (stress free) in the sun with beer in hand and I could enjoy every minute of it.
So no we didn’t win by too much :D

Madison

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
I dunno, I think there's nothing better than winning a game by a couple points. But only AFTER you've won it. During the game it's just so tense.

Whereas the GF was great cos I could enjoy it while watching it, just soaking up peak Richmond, but it defs doesn't have the same level of excitment when the game is over.

When it's close and hard fought all day and you get up in the last minute or so, that rush at the end is probably better, but you have to put up with the anxiety throughout the whole game. So it's a trade-off.

Tigerbob68

????????????
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I dunno, I think there's nothing better than winning a game by a couple points. But only AFTER you've won it. During the game it's just so tense.

Whereas the GF was great cos I could enjoy it while watching it, just soaking up peak Richmond, but it defs doesn't have the same level of excitment when the game is over.

When it's close and hard fought all day and you get up in the last minute or so, that rush at the end is probably better, but you have to put up with the anxiety throughout the whole game. So it's a trade-off.
I had that 'high' feeling walking out of the West Coast game a few weeks ago because of the way the game ended. It's a different feeling winning like we did on Saturday, even in a Grand Final but I agree ... I'm not sure how I'd handle a close game like 2018 DURING the game but the high after it would be enormous if you won!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schlurp

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
Dimma is going to have to find a replacement for the mountaineering analogy for 2020 and beyond. He could, however, reverse it like the Goons did after Hillary and Sherpa Tensing first scaled Everest. Spike Milligan scripted an episode where they towed Everest out to sea and offered a prize to the first man who could climb down it. Over to you Dimma.

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Naturally neutrals are not going to be happy with the game as a spectacle as it was so one sided !

Us Tiger fans absolutely loved it . If I’m being honest the prelim was just as good as we came from behind in a nail biter !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah, we had it done real early, a 40 point turnaround isn't a 'nail biter'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back