Autopsy Did we get a fair trade with Beams? (post# 341 Dayne lost his Dad)

Was the Beams' trade fair?

• Collingwood win

Votes: 103 52.8%
  • Brisbane win

Votes: 17 8.7%
  • Fair

Votes: 75 38.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the nature of trading that players can nominate a club they want to be traded to and can’t be traded anywhere they don’t want to go. Just because beams father was ill doesn’t mean he was under any obligation to be open to a trade to the suns.

I wonder if those people who held those opinions also thought the same about Luke Ball who refused to be traded to anyone but Colllingwood

Footy is inherently illogical, people are passionate and were upset Beams wanted to leave and it looked like we were going to get a s**t deal for it. Pretty natural reaction

Gee now I wonder who would know more about footy
Champion data who rate crisp elite

Collingwood vote givers who have placed him top 10 ever since at the club
Or your opinion , which is he's a dud

lol champion data?
Elite?

Top 10 in a BnF side that is complete trash?

You need to watch more footy and stay away from the "stats".

Beams loses his father and we are sitting here questioning whether we got a good deal for him even though the trade was 2 years ago?

Get a grip bigfooty.
They are 2 different things altogether.

Yeah it is unfortunate hat Dayne's dad passed.

However, we are footy fans talking about a footy trade.

Who cares if it was 2 years ago?

If anything, that gives us a better chance to judge the trade.

Condolences to the Beams family. I am glad Dayne got back to BrisbAne for the last years of his dads life. Would have meant a lot to both of them.

Last edited:
Sounds like the right move for the Beams family, he got the last couple of years and got to play alongside Claye.

I’m not sure it’s the right time to talk about who got the best deal, pretty obvious.

Condolences to the family.

Well I for one owe Dayne an apology since I had my doubts about his bone fides. Clearly I was wrong and I have no problem to admit it. My condolences and may Philip rest in peace. I'm totally disinterested in who won or lost any deal at this point in time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some pretty nasty and spiteful things were said on this board.
It's weird isn't it.
In any other walk of life if a person said I'm going home to be close to a sick parent, no-one would bat an eyelid, in fact most would wish him well.
When a football player says it, mobs of people wrongly and spitefully call him a liar

It's weird isn't it.
In any other walk of life if a person said I'm going home to be close to a sick parent, no-one would bat an eyelid, in fact most would wish him well.
When a football player says it, mobs of people wrongly and spitefully call him a liar

Even if his father hadn’t fallen ill similar things would have been said of beams.

Beams loses his father and we are sitting here questioning whether we got a good deal for him even though the trade was 2 years ago?

Get a grip bigfooty.

Are we suppose to be in mourning when a stranger passes away?

Every day we sit here talking about pointless footy discussion while tens of thousands of people starve to death.

Every day we sit here talking about pointless footy discussion while tens of thousands of people starve to death.

It's just not the right time Kappa... It's just not the right time.

Besides, we have had the discussion already.

The thread was bumped because of notification of Dane's father passing not because people wanted to bring up the trade debate. It's not about mourning, it's about paying respect. That element seems to be lost on some.

The thread was bumped because of notification of Dane's father passing not because people wanted to bring up the trade debate. It's not about mourning, it's about paying respect. That element seems to be lost on some.

It's a strange and completely illogical argument but ok, guess people need to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back