Autopsy Did we get a fair trade with Beams? (post# 341 Dayne lost his Dad)

Was the Beams' trade fair?

• Collingwood win

Votes: 103 52.8%
  • Brisbane win

Votes: 17 8.7%
  • Fair

Votes: 75 38.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't need your first rounder to get either. It wouldn't have been compromised

That’s a hindsight call. I’m absolutely certain we wouldn’t have offered up two firsts but it’s all academic really. Glad to have him regardless.

Have a good weekend all.

Condolences to the Beams family, cancer is a horrible thing.
As for the trade itself it has a long way to go, as JDG has the potential to be an absolute superstar.
TBF is a worse human than Slobbo.

You bang on about player development a lot.

Give us an outline of what the club is doing wrong and what you'd do to fix it.

Beams was a one way footballer. JDG will be a better version of him 2018 onwards, the boy loves to tackle.

Beams is a brilliant player. If De Goey gets anywhere near him, he’d be doing all right.

De Goey is good value.

Crisp and Greenwood were terrible.
Both poor kicks and decisions makers.

Come to think of it they fit in well.

Sad news like it is for most families who experience something similar. Would have been a big decision for him to move to Brisbane when he did and I'm sure he has no regrets because of all the extra time he got to spend with his dad.

Here's a selection of some of the things said about Beams seeking a trade at the time....these are, well, interesting:

"Does anyone belive that excuse?"

"I have a pimple on my arse that is connected to a guy who swears that Dayne Beams' father was never really sick"

"They also hide behind Dayne Beams "Sick Father" excuse for asking for a trade. Looneys"

"Don't believe the going home to sick father BS either.
Beams wasn't overly happy with us.
Brisbane tapped him up with mega $.
Beams refused to go to Gold Coast.
Last but not least their player retention is poor because of their ordinary leaders and ordinary culture"

"I think we can all agree that he is a lying self absorbed little prick. His manager coming out and saying Brisbane or bust proved that.
I have slowly developed a hatred for this flog. The club has not treated him badly, has looked after him when he got himself into trouble and has spent time and resources developing him.
I am OK with him wanting to leave, but the manner in which he is going about it is mind boggling. He has shown zero respect or consideration towards the club.
Bigger flog than Daisy in my opinion"

"By the way. His dad isn't dying, he's not even sick anymore.
He HAD cancer. He doesn't anymore."

"Leaving the trade out of it, questions need to be asked of Beams and his manager now. If they have used Dayne's sick father as an excuse to get a trade, when that wasn't the reason, then that is absolutely disgusting"

That all looks bad in hindsight but Dayne Beams refused to go to the GCS and Brisbane had a near Buddy Franklin deal in front of him. There would have been a number of reasons for his decision to leave, I think being back with his dad in his words 'crystalized' it. I think his words seemed honest and about right. If Brisbane hadn't have thrown a huge offer in front of him he might have stayed at Collingwood, so looking back on it everyone won with this trade in the end, Dayne most of all because he was close to his Dad back in QLD.

In hindsight, good on Beams for not going all out that he had to get back to Queensland to be with his Dad, quite obviously money was a major contributing factor. Being dishonest and claiming he wanted to get that deal done to be close to his Dad as the only reason would have been bad for his soul, more so now than ever giving the passing of his Dad.

I think most people were frustrated Beams refused to let us deal with GC which could of worked out better for the club.

Regardless, goodluck to the family in the future

De Goey is good value.

Crisp and Greenwood were terrible.
Both poor kicks and decisions makers.

Come to think of it they fit in well.

Gee now I wonder who would know more about footy
Champion data who rate crisp elite

Collingwood vote givers who have placed him top 10 ever since at the club
Or your opinion , which is he's a dud

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee now I wonder who would know more about footy
Champion data who rate crisp elite

Collingwood vote givers who have placed him top 10 ever since at the club
Or your opinion , which is he's a dud
Why don't you form your own argument instead of using others?

Dont need too we have 3 expert opinions as noted

And yours on crisp is ?
Nathan Krakouer was considered elite by champion data so I'd take it with a grain of salt and plenty of average players make top tens of bnfs, but overall I like Crisp.

Desicion making and composure needs works which unfortunate because it's also a team weakness, But he's also big, quick and good one on one, a good tackler, gives us much needed run and carry and a long kick. He's a good Lumumba replacement.

Nathan Krakouer was considered elite by champion data so I'd take it with a grain of salt and plenty of average players make top tens of bnfs, but overall I like Crisp.

Desicion making and composure needs works which unfortunate because it's also a team weakness, But he's also big, quick and good one on one, a good tackler, gives us much needed run and carry and a long kick. He's a good Lumumba replacement.

As steak knifes its a win

Sidey rated average lol

Sidebottom is criminally overrated by Collingwood fans.

He lacks damage offensively and defensively he is weak

I don't think he is Massively Overrated might be a Bit as I agree his Kicking is not as good as some Say but I am not sure about the Rest

Well a lot of people outside of Pies might disagree with you

A lot of randoms don't understand how important defensive pressure is, which Sidebottom provides virtually none of.

He racks up disposals easily and they think that makes him an A grade player. If you can't hit targets 50 metres away or you don't have elite defensive pressure in today's game it's rare you are an A level contributor.

Last edited:
A lot of randoms don't understand how important defensive pressure is, which Sidebottom provides virtually none of.

He racks up disposals easily and they think that makes him an A grade player. If you can't hit targets 50 metres away or you don't have elite defensive pressure in today's game it's rare you are an A level contributor.

Heard the Same Thing said about Chris Judd

I think most people were frustrated Beams refused to let us deal with GC which could of worked out better for the club.

Regardless, goodluck to the family in the future

It’s the nature of trading that players can nominate a club they want to be traded to and can’t be traded anywhere they don’t want to go. Just because Beams father was ill doesn’t mean he was under any obligation to be open to the possibility of a trade to the Suns.

I wonder if those people who held those opinions also thought the same about Luke Ball who refused to be traded to anyone but Colllingwood

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back