Did We Write Off Hawthorn Too Soon?

Remove this Banner Ad

This is better, was concerned where the think tank had ended up.

Glad you are all well, hows offseason been so far?

Yeah good, our list looks s**t hot, we seem likely to add to it in a meaningful way, and our annual report is likely to make me kind of randy.

I hate hawthorn as much as anyone but I respect them greatly and while I believe they have similar issues to my own side, also like mine they have a habit of simply manufacturing a way to stay in the mix to varying degrees.

I hope for the sake of the stupid equalisation measures taken by the league that Hawthorn and the cats continue to eat up a quarter of the finals spots every year.

Not as enjoyable as watching you waiting for it to happen...and still posting the same crap year on year
The game has clearly gone past Hawthorn's older "stars". Can't be relied on any more. Not sure where their replacements are coming from.

Will very much enjoy Tom Mitchell leaving to chase success elsewhere when he becomes a free agent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Name them?
Roughead, Puopolo, Burgoyne, Frawley, Shoenmakers.

Bruest and Gunston fall to pieces in big moments.

Hawthorn used to be able to stand up for the big moments and big games. Two straight sets exits in three years show this has changed.

Very, very lucky to make top 4 this year. No one but Hawks supporters were surprised they didn't win a game.

Doubt you make finals next year.

The game has clearly gone past Hawthorn's older "stars". Can't be relied on any more. Not sure where their replacements are coming from.

Will very much enjoy Tom Mitchell leaving to chase success elsewhere when he becomes a free agent.
Hawthorn, keep promising to be crap, but are good
unlike Essendon,
who keep promising to be good but are crap!

Oh well.

Hawthorn, keep promising to be crap, but are good
unlike Essendon,
who keep promising to be good but are crap!

Oh well.

Sorry, Hawthorn are good?

Depends on recruitment, development and injuries.
Theres plenty of upside in the kids playing, if you watched Boxhill lots to be excited about down there too.
Im pretty confident 19 will be another step forward towards the next dynasty

Sorry, Hawthorn are good?
Only 1 good team each year. Down from there its bad to bader.

Hawks are 5 Bad, Geelong 8 Bad, Essendon 11 Bad and StKilda 16 Bad!

Your optimism is often misplaced but feel free to tell me again "how it is".

Have you got nothing else to do for the next 6 years?

Considering where they were at the end of last season you’d have to be happy with the year if you were a Hawks supporter.

They had a relatively easy draw following their low finish last year, granted, but to make the top 4 after losing to Brisbane twice is amazing, really. Winning all those close games certainly paid dividends. Sadly a couple of their guns in Roughead and Burgoyne look just about done though.

They definitely need help in the midfield (like most clubs) moving forward, no doubt they will be making a big play for a couple of high profile players as we speak

Roughead, Puopolo, Burgoyne, Frawley, Shoenmakers.

Bruest and Gunston fall to pieces in big moments.

Hawthorn used to be able to stand up for the big moments and big games. Two straight sets exits in three years show this has changed.

Very, very lucky to make top 4 this year. No one but Hawks supporters were surprised they didn't win a game.

Doubt you make finals next year.

s**t, I was getting worried.

Rough - yeh he is coming to the end. But it has been that way for 3 years now.
Puopolo - obvious hall of famer who will be impossible to replace :(
Burgoyne - hard player to replace. But given we got him by offering Essendon Shotgun Williams I am sure Clarko can arrange a similar heist
Frawley - another first ballot hall of famer :(
Shoenmakers - umm, he is 27. And the same level of mediocre he has always been :drunk: But yeah, another hall of famer to replace :(

You see, the main flaw in your argument is that except for Rough and Burgoyne, all the superstar old players are already gone.

And Hawthorn made top 4 without them.

And the reason they did it is because your club is a joke.

:D

s**t, I was getting worried.

Rough - yeh he is coming to the end. But it has been that way for 3 years now.
Puopolo - obvious hall of famer who will be impossible to replace :(
Burgoyne - hard player to replace. But given we got him by offering Essendon Shotgun Williams I am sure Clarko can arrange a similar heist
Frawley - another first ballot hall of famer :(
Shoenmakers - umm, he is 27. And the same level of mediocre he has always been :drunk: But yeah, another hall of famer to replace :(

You see, the main flaw in your argument is that except for Rough and Burgoyne, all the superstar old players are already gone.

And Hawthorn made top 4 without them.

And the reason they did it is because your club is a joke.

:D

Oh and Rioli could be tough to replace

Remove this Banner Ad

Back