Did We Write Off Hawthorn Too Soon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of the same people who were bagging Cyril are now trying to flip flop and say he is hard to replace. Good player, he will be missed by the Hawkas but hasn't played much footy the last 2 years anyway. They already know about life after Rioli.

Burgoyne will be hard to replace considering his class in big games (MIA this finals). There are plenty of replacements out there for Poppy, smalls with tackling pressure can be found anywhere - and he isn't close to the best going around. Roughead doesn't offer that much other than determination no offence Hawks fans. As admirable as he is, Roughead won't be a monumentally difficult replacement - I'd expect Hawthorn to steal another player off a struggling club. Birchall hasn't played since the middle ages it seems. Frawley - kek.

With 500k freed up by Vickery and Rioli hitting the road they have some wiggling room to raid the struggling sides again #equalisation

Be very tough on the Hawks too if O’meara’s knees don’t hold up. Not sure if you picked it up but there was very little said publicly about his ‘good knee’ and what the actual problem was. A knock to the knee seemed a bit casual for this time of the year.
I see Essendon fans have moved back into the hope injury ruins him phase again as a coping mechanism for Jaeger not even being prepared to take a phone call from them.

I see Essendon fans have moved back into the hope injury ruins him phase again as a coping mechanism for Jaeger not even being prepared to take a phone call from them.
I see you haven't moved on from Burton not winning the Rising Star last year. Who won it again? How'd Burton go in the finals?

I see you haven't moved on from Burton not winning the Rising Star last year. Who won it again? How'd Burton go in the finals?

He went alright. At least he turned up to the finals unlike that midget.

If by any chance coping with the JaM snub was an issue, it’s pleasing that Dons are very much appeased by the SSS package that arrived at the doors to Tulla earlier this year. Who knows Shiel may be another to add to the triumvirate- no doubt he’ll be very happy to go around with his old mate and give the Hawks a wide berth which will be quite an ironic snub for the JaM followers.

They had a relatively easy draw following their low finish last year,
It was only easy because we beat the Cats (who were touted as the definite top 4/premiership favourites twice)
We beat the Dons (who were touted as big improvers and the same with the Saints,at the beginning of the year/ they killed us last year)
and We beat the Swans who are also touted as Premiership contenders ),should have beaten them twice.
We also beat the Pies and Dees by heaps,played and lost ot the WCE at Etihad where they play well (its usually a Tassie game,where we play well)
Brizzy got us twice, too much IP and theyre are probably going to make the 8 next year (they played some very good football)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burton slotted in to Sicily's role seamlessly towards the end of the season. Not bad given Sicily was in clear AA form.
Either overrating Burton or under rating Sicily if you think that.

Didnt watch our last 4 regular season games I assume.

Burton played Sicily's role. We did ok in those games too.

As for finals, a number of senior players shat the bed. Not sure we can get too upset at the kids following suit.
Burton's performance wasn't equal to Sicily. Seamlessly is not the word I'd have used.

I

Dons would be happy the midget wasn’t exposed to an embarrassing straight sets exit. Can do irreparable damage to young blokes.

Glad to know that the Dons are content with playing just the 22 games. I'd hate to see their ambition return again and do whatever it takes.

Hawks looked a bit slow but it's to be expected.

I'm more worried about my own team, Clarko knows what he's doing and they will be better after a couple more trade weeks IMO.

Burton played pretty well in finals to be honest, took the game on against the Demons and was one of the few to hold his own. Will be better for the experience.

Pretty odd troll

Burton played pretty well in finals to be honest, took the game on against the Demons and was one of the few to hold his own. Will be better for the experience.

Pretty odd troll
Your mate above said he s**t the bed. Just thought the 2017 rising star would have been a class above

If by any chance coping with the JaM snub was an issue, it’s pleasing that Dons are very much appeased by the SSS package that arrived at the doors to Tulla earlier this year. Who knows Shiel may be another to add to the triumvirate- no doubt he’ll be very happy to go around with his old mate and give the Hawks a wide berth which will be quite an ironic snub for the JaM followers.
Oh wow how are you going to cope when Shiel is running around in the brown and gold next year?

Your mate above said he s**t the bed. Just thought the 2017 rising star would have been a class above
Mate you said that the guy above hasn't let the rising star go, yet you are the one continually bringing it up. I expect Burton to bounce back strongly next year, his second half of the year was solid despite not being at the level we would have hoped from him for the bulk of the year.

I miss Jade and Lance, they are much better that this than you are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back