MVP Didaka Award - {redacted} v {redacted}

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve redacted the thread title as after completing my duties here I don’t ever want to mention this game again.

Votes given are not to be considered an endorsement of that player’s performance.

5: Elliott
4: Adams
3: Pendles
2: Crisp
1: De Goey

Get this out of the way early and forget, I think

5 Taylor Adams
4 Josh Thomas
3 Jamie Elliott
2 Scott Pendlebury
1 Josh Daicos

5. Elliott - for that nice first goal and 6 clearances
4. Adams - for trying hard
3. Thomas - for being clean-ish and being slightly better than terrible
2. Quaynor - a few good moments
1. De Goey - for getting up to 33.5 kmph on the Telstra tracker

5. Elliott - Only player I'd say was a pass for our team
4. Thomas - Gave 100% effort
3. Adams - Also gave 100% effort
2. Mihocek - I know his goals came late but you can't blame him for doing that as the ball was never down there. When called upon, he delivered.

Gaps after this, everyone outside those 4 were bad. Just have to pick the one I thought who was not as bad as the others

1. Grundy - This name may surprise but with so many players playing so bad, he was hard to look past. 10 touches, 20 hit outs and a goal isn't a shocking return from 65% game time. The only other 2 I considered were Daicos and Quaynor

5. Elliott - Only player I'd say was a pass for our team
4. Thomas - Gave 100% effort
3. Adams - Also gave 100% effort
2. Mihocek - I know his goals came late but you can't blame him for doing that as the ball was never down there. When called upon, he delivered.

Gaps after this, everyone outside those 4 were bad. Just have to pick the one I thought who was not as bad as the others

1. Grundy - This name may surprise but with so many players playing so bad, he was hard to look past. 10 touches, 20 hit outs and a goal isn't a shocking return from 65% game time. The only other 2 I considered were Daicos and Quaynor
Fair assessment, but I don't place much credence in late goals etc because Cats had put cue in the rack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that Adams (and nothing against him) is routinely in the top 5 and often best despite getting outgunned and horribly butchering the ball shows how poor we really were.

I know this isn’t a discussion thread but I’m genuinely shocked at how many people are finding space for Daicos in his votes. Multiple occasions last night he was incredibly weak defensively in contests or didn’t run hard enough to impact and pressure. He’s usually okay so to fail to do those things was inexcusable.

Agree it’s hard to find another name in his stead though. Henderson was off the leash all game, so if he was matched up on Mihocek that’s a huge fail for mine too.

The fact is that the ball went in enough for Stewart to take 14 marks.
14 marks, not 14 intercept marks. He’s the outlet player, they would’ve been looking to play through him at every opportunity. With a lumbering, cumbersome forward line he could do as he pleased but let’s not act like he outpointed our forwards on fourteen occasions

5 Adams
4 Pendles
3 Thomas
2 De Goey
1 Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back