MVP Didaka Medal 2019 ~ Winner Brodie Grundy and final placings

Remove this Banner Ad

is there a list of previous winners of this most prestigious award?
Unsure

be nice to list.

If anyone can assist.

Round 10 v Swans

5. B Grundy 167
4. S Pendlebury 131
3. L Greenwood 111
2. J Roughead 40
1. C Brown 32

then followed:

C Mayne 21
J Crisp 10
A Treloar 8
J Aish 8
B Maynard 1
D Wells 1

A week where we saw some new entrants to the voting scoreboard and we saw the consolidation of Grundy and Pendlebury. Looks like those two are fighting out the Copeland.

manicmagpie kindly find updated for round 10.

Votes v Dockers

5. S Pendlebury 108
4. B Maynard 45
3. B Grundy 37
2. J Howe 37
1. J Roughead 34

Then followed

Mayne 32
De Goey 25
Greenwood 5
Crisp 3
Hoskin-Elliott 2
Reid 1

Grundy gains 3 votes over Howe as had more BOG etc votes

manicmagpie kindly feel free to update scoreboard with great thanks

Saintly Viewed

Race in two, at the half way point of the season:

1559633390297.png

For an extra treat, I've added up votes from all the tallies so far:

1559634126485.png

Thomas has played every game and not received a single vote from anyone in that time. Hoskin-Elliott only broke his duck this week.

Attachments

• 1559633471740.png
    1559633471740.png
    9 KB · Views: 70
Round 12 v Demons frozen

5. S Sidebottom 110
4. J Stephenson 109
3. W Hoskin-Elliott 107
2. A Treloar 67
1. J Roughead 39

then followed:

J Howe 27
J Aish 16
B Sier 6
B Mihocek 5
D Moore 5
B Maynard 2
J De Goey 1
B Grundy 1
S Pendlebury 1

With further thanks to manicmagpie when updating main scoreboard :)

Saintly Viewed

1560430906661.png
Both Sidebottom and Treloar overtake Moore and go into joint third place with votes this week. Interestingly, Moore polled in the Coaches' Vote for this game but virtually none of us on this board mentioned him at all. Hoskin-Elliott becomes the 22nd player to poll a vote so far.

The closest vote so far with only 3 votes between 1st and 3rd. Some weeks this gap has been over 100.

Saintly Viewed

View attachment 691793
Both Sidebottom and Treloar overtake Moore and go into joint third place with votes this week. Interestingly, Moore polled in the Coaches' Vote for this game but virtually none of us on this board mentioned him at all. Hoskin-Elliott becomes the 22nd player to poll a vote so far.

The closest vote so far with only 3 votes between 1st and 3rd. Some weeks this gap has been over 100.
First time this year that neither Grundy or Pendles featured in the votes.

First time this year that neither Grundy or Pendles featured in the votes.

If Grundy continues the way he's going he could well be in for a quieter game week 1 of finals.

If Grundy continues the way he's going he could well be in for a quieter game week 1 of finals.
A very symmetrical argument :think:
I likes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 14 v Bullfrogs

B Grundy 169
4. J Roughead 100
3. J Crisp 72
2. S Sidebottom 49
1. A Treloar 48

then followed

C Brown 24
B Reid 15
J De Goey 6
T Phillips 5
W Hoskin-Elliott 4
J Aish 2

manicmagpie when you can kindly update scoreboard.

Much appreciated

Saintly Viewed

1561556569019.png
If Round 12 against Melbourne was the closest contest for the top votes this week was a walk in the park for Grundy. Only 1 voter did not have Grundy as BOG and they still had him second (hello FAIRANDBALANCED). However this was a view probably shared by Nathan Buckley as his comments and the coaches' votes indicate to me that Bucks probably voted something like 5 to Caleb Daniel, 4 to the Bont, 3 to Roughead, 2 to Grundy and 1 to Hunter. Or I could be completely wrong about that.

In any case, Grundy has extended his lead in the Didaka and we have now reached the point where we are legally obliged to use the phrase 'still mathematically possible' when discussing any other player winning.

Round 15 v Kangaroos

final tally

5. J Crisp 67
4. A Treloar 58
3. J Roughead 57
2. B Grundy 34
1. L Greenwood 33

then followed

S Pendlebury 25
B Maynard 21
C Mayne 10
T Varcoe 6
D Moore 3
J Daicos 2
J De Goey 1
B Mihocek 1

manicmagpie when you can kind sir the updated scoreboard will be much appreciated

Saintly Viewed

Grundy extended his lead and Treloar and Crisp moved up to 3rd and 4th respectively this week. Roughead polled for the 5th game in a row, the only player to do so this year.

This week saw the second lowest number of votes cast and the biggest spread of votes yet, reflecting the fact that the whole damn team sucked very badly and no-one could come up with a consensus as to which player sucked the least.

Now let's never speak of this game again, unless it's after Grand Final day this year when we all acknowledge that it was this defeat that spurred us on to glory throughout the rest of the season.

Last edited:
Round 16 v Hawks

J Crisp 77
4. D Moore 75
3. M Scharenberg 29
2. J De Goey 28
1. J Aish 28

J De Goey gains ahead of J Aish on count back having a higher number of better rated games

then followed

A Treloar 14
I Quaynor 10
S Pendlebury 10
B Maynard 5
T Phillips 4
S Sidebottom 1

manicmagpie when you can kindly update table

Cheers in this gloom

Saintly Viewed

Crisp is rewarded for his ultra consistency with his second 5 votes in a row, which moves him up to second overall.

Scharenberg and Aish get their first votes and become the 23rd and 24th players to do so.

This is the first week Grundy did not receive a single nomination from any poster, while Thomas continues his quest to play every game without ever receiving a nod from anyone.

Round 17 votes v Eagles

B Mihocek 210
4. J De Goey 90
3. S Pendlebury 82
2. J Crisp 73
1. A Treloar 54

then followed

B Maynard 48
S Sidebottom 42
J Roughead 26
B Grundy 22
J Aish 15
L Greenwood 11
T Phillips 10
C Mayne 4

and kindly update leadership board please manicmagpie
With thanks

Saintly Viewed

In honour of Mihocek's great performance and 5 votes from last Friday I've spelt his name right for the first time all year.

Maynard and Sidebottom both missed out on getting a vote with totals that would have seen them get 3 votes last week.

Saintly Viewed

I'm sure glad I chose to travel to this game and not the week before to Perth. 😢

I used to have a great record in choosing the right interstate games to go to, but I haven't seen a win live outside Vic since Pendles' 200th against the Suns in 2016. Really bodes well for my visit to Adelaide in a few weeks...

Anyway, Grundy rightfully dominated this week and extended his lead again. Crisp has now got a good hold on second spot, which is due reward for his consistent efforts each and every week, polling votes in 10 of the 17 games so far.

Round 17 v Giants

B Grundy 95
4. J Crisp 67
3. C Brown 27
2. T Adams 23
1. J Howe 23

Adams wins on count back as better performed higher game votes

then followed

J Roughead 21
I Quaynor 11
S Pendlebury 9
A Treloar 5