MVP Didaka Medal Prelim win over goodbye tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

First off apologies to Grundy and DeGoey who were absolutely huge. Also the captain and Howe played great team games too. I wonder how much confidence Pendles gave his younger teammates when he strolled through traffic calmly as you like 2 mins into the biggest game this town has seen in years? That's influential.

5. Sidebottom
4. Adams
3. Cox
2. Crisp
1. Langdon

I think this is genuinely the hardest votes I’ve ever had to give. There were so many great performances and it was a genuine team effort.

5: Coxy - unbelievable game. If he can reproduce that on a regular basis we have a real match winner on our hands.
4: Steele - one of the best finals series in Collingwood’s history. We know he’s a proven performer on GF day too so watch out Eagles.
3: Grundy - set us up in the first quarter and dominated the game. Fitting that he kicked the sealer.
2: Crisp - also set up the win with an outstanding first half.
1: Adams - an absolute stellar second half of the year from Tay.

It literally pains me to have to leave out De Goey, Pendles and Langdon. Mayne, Howe, Greenwood also deserving of votes but just no room.

Really difficult this week

10. Team
5. Cox
4. Sidey
3. Grundy
2. The Goo
1. Adams

If I were to do that 10 times I would probably come up with a different result each time.

I think this is genuinely the hardest votes I’ve ever had to give. There were so many great performances and it was a genuine team effort.

5: Coxy - unbelievable game. If he can reproduce that on a regular basis we have a real match winner on our hands.
4: Steele - one of the best finals series in Collingwood’s history. We know he’s a proven performer on GF day too so watch out Eagles.
3: Grundy - set us up in the first quarter and dominated the game. Fitting that he kicked the sealer.

It literally pains me to have to leave out De Goey, Pendles and Langdon. Mayne, Howe, Greenwood also deserving of votes but just no room.
Wonderfully put.

5. Sidebottom
4. Adams
3. Cox
2. Grundy
1. Crisp

Tough to put them in any oreder really, apart from Steele who I felt was our best. Apologies to Langdon, DeGoey, Pendlebury and a few others. It was a bit like choosing your favourite kid. Impossible task.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 - Sidebottom
4 - Cox
3 - Adams (you frustrate the hell out of me but kudos on this one, best game for the Pies IMO)
2 - Langdon (gonna have $5 on the Norm Smith on you cos it would delight the board if you won it!)
1 - Crisp (you should have been an AA this year)

5. Cox
4. Sidebottom
3. Crisp
2. Grundy
1. Adams

Steele crushed them through the midfield but without Cox's efforts in the first half I don't think we win this one.

You could shuffle the next three in any order and it would still look fine - there were probably 3 or 4 others I could have fit in also.

For me, it's easy to choose the 5 guys to give votes to. But impossible to separate those 5, as they all played their role magnificently. So I'm spreading votes this way.
3 Grundy
3 Crisp
3 Adams
3 Cox
3 Sidebottom

5 Sidebottom
4 Adams
3 Cox
2 Grundy
1 Crisp

Apologies to Langdon, Pendles, Howe and JDG

Remove this Banner Ad