MVP Didaka Medal ~ QF Cats culled

Remove this Banner Ad

5. Moore. (6 contested marks :oops:)
4. Sidebottom
3. Howe
2. Pendles
1. Adams

Did u watch the first half? Moore's kicking was horrendous. His second half, especially last quarter was incredible, but surely he wasn't better than Howe, Adams, Elliot and Sidebottom.

5. Howe
4. Adams
3. Sidebottom
2. Elliot
1. Philips

Treloar, Moore and Pendles very stiff.

5. Pendlebury
4. Sidebottom
3. Howe
2. Grundy
1. Moore

Also very, very good were Adams, Elliot, Treloar. Phillips is always underrated, Maynard was hard at it and very good again, Crisp is important, as is Mihocek. Mayne was good. Stevo boobed up. Wills was tougher than a cat's head. Noble was not overawed.

Did u watch the first half? Moore's kicking was horrendous. His second half, especially last quarter was incredible, but surely he wasn't better than Howe, Adams, Elliot and Sidebottom.

I gave the max votes to Moore because of his contested marking. HE took six, in a final. Alex Rance and Mathew Scarlett have never taken that amount in a match. Jeremy McGovern has done it once (against a Fremantle forward line lead by Chris Mayne.)

Moore had one clanger for the night, the players you nominated combined for 15, plus its hotter closer to the goal line and the kid is taller than our ruckman....

Also Moore had 11 contested possession, behind only Grundy and Adams for the Pies and he was playing on the last line.

Rewatch the game, apart from the shank he was very, very good.

5. Adams
4. Maynard
3. Howe
2. Elliot
1. Pendlebury

Mayne was terrific first half in particular. Moore excellent last qtr. Phillips and Wills good contributors all game. Wonderful effort by Sidey too .

5 Adams
4 Howe
3 Pendles
2 Elliott
1 Sidey

Apologies to Grundy and Mihocek, thought Wills was mighty for his work inside the contest, thought Phillips had his best game for the season, thought Mayne, Moore, and Maynard up when needed.

Very tough one.

5 - Adams
4 - Howe
3 - Pendles
2 - Elliott
1 - Grundy

Moore and Sidey’s second halves probably deserve recognition. Maynard and Phillips too.

But at the end of the day Adams was our best when the game was to be won (what was it 20d and 2 goals at HT?), and Howe simply did it all including a great goal. No need to say more on Pendles. Elliott for his scoring but have to give something for the smother and mark out of defence, and Grundy somewhat underrated this game, he did a lot to get us going forward with littles bits around the contest and ended up with a game high 7 score involvements.

Last edited:
Really tough to give votes, so many players stood up at various times. It’s hard to pick between players who dominated early to set up our match winning lead (e.g. Adams, Treloar, Elliott) versus those who come to the fore when we were challenged in the second half (e.g. Moore, Steele, Wills).

In the end I’ve gone:

5: Howe - 4 quarter effort and did it all. Kept his man quiet, stopped countless attacks by Geelong, launched some for us and kicked a terrific goal.
4: Adams - amazing game from a born finals player. The usual toughness at the contest combined with good disposal and two brilliant goals.
3: Pendles - awesome decision making, disposal and leadership as we’ve come to expect.
2: Steele - kept running and presenting all game, particularly in the last when we needed a steady hand
1: Moore - could have given this spot to many others, but Darcy saved that game for us in the last with a dominant display.

Grundy, Treloar, Wills, Maynard, Phillips, Elliott all vote worthy and I wish I could reward all of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Votes being tallied up.

Results in shortly; voting closed.

Qualifying Final v Cats

J Howe 116
4. T Adams 113
3. S Sidebottom 71
2. S Pendlebury 67
1. J Elliott 31

then followed

B Grundy 29
B Maynard 25
D Moore 22
R Wills 4
T Phillips 1

manicmagpie

Qualifying Final v Cats

J Howe 116
4. T Adams 113
3. S Sidebottom 71
2. S Pendlebury 67
1. J Elliott 31

then followed

B Grundy 29
B Maynard 25
D Moore 22
R Wills 4
T Phillips 1

manicmagpie
So coaches basically agreed on top 5 except had Moore in instead of Jamie and had our skipper and adams as the best as the best.

So coaches basically agreed on top 5 except had Moore in instead of Jamie and had our skipper and adams as the best as the best.

Assuming Chris Scott gave Dangerfield best on ground, I can't get over the fact that he didn't then rate one of Pendlebury or Howe in the top 5. Though in the context of his recent press conferences about the lack of influence of first Charlie Cameron (5 goals) and then Grundy (47 hitouts, 21 touches) it kind of makes sense.

Assuming Chris Scott gave Dangerfield best on ground, I can't get over the fact that he didn't then rate one of Pendlebury or Howe in the top 5. Though in the context of his recent press conferences about the lack of influence of first Charlie Cameron (5 goals) and then Grundy (47 hitouts, 21 touches) it kind of makes sense.
He's a dead set imbecile I reckon.

That Charlie Cameron one was the greatest head scratcher of all time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back