MVP didaka medal QF vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Mayne quelled him but I wouldn’t say he destroyed him. I’d give him the honours for the match up but it’s a points decision rather than a knockout.

The fact that Mayne made a mess of a number of opportunities offensively then somewhat mitigates his defensive performance.

I’m aware there’s some that have completely rubbished Mayne’s performance on this board on the back of those offensive errors and I don’t agree with their perspective on his game at all. But I don’t see anything from anyone in this thread that should elicit your arrogance.

Bucks was very happy with Mayne’s performance and I agree with his assessment. Doesn’t mean he was in our best five in my eyes.

Agree - Mayne did some nice things but probably wasn't in our best 12-15 players IMO

Hard game to rate for Mayne. His nous and work rate played a massive role in us taking control of quarters 2 and 3, but his fumbles played a massive role in us not taking scoreboard advantage of quarters 2 and 3.
I couldn't give a * if he kicked every touch he had out on the full, he changed the direction of the game, even though we lost, but IMO without him we would've lost by 6 goals.

I couldn't give a **** if he kicked every touch he had out on the full, he changed the direction of the game, even though we lost, but IMO without him we would've lost by 6 goals.

I agree that he played a big role in changing the direction of the game and helped us take control of the game. He helped to stop us losing by a lot, but I'd also suggest that his fumbles at big moments when we had big chances played a big part in stopping us from winning the game.

Agree - Mayne did some nice things but probably wasn't in our best 12-15 players IMO
I’m slightly more generous and had him pegged around 9-10 I think behind all the others mentioned but everyone sees things differently. That’s why this award is such a good measure, it balances people’s perspectives towards a central view of the game.

FWIW Frank Gallagher i agree Pendlebury was clean but I felt not particularly impactful. Again had him mid pack but the general consensus I’ve seen on the board was he was down. In my eyes I thought he we serviceable and a victim of his consistently high standards but can also understand how people saw his speed both physically and also ball movement as detrimental.

I also thought Aish was terrible yet people here seem to be rating his game highly.

I’m slightly more generous and had him pegged around 9-10 I think behind all the others mentioned but everyone sees things differently. That’s why this award is such a good measure, it balances people’s perspectives towards a central view of the game.

FWIW Frank Gallagher i agree Pendlebury was clean but I felt not particularly impactful. Again had him mid pack but the general consensus I’ve seen on the board was he was down. In my eyes I thought he we serviceable and a victim of his consistently high standards but can also understand how people saw his speed both physically and also ball movement as detrimental.

I also thought Aish was terrible yet people here seem to be rating his game highly.
TBH mate if a change were to be made i think it'll be Aish, not just based on tonight either, he has a bright future but if we were inclined to include Moore he goes out IMO.

TBH mate if a change were to be made i think it'll be Aish, not just based on tonight either, he has a bright future but if we were inclined to include Moore he goes out IMO.
I want him to succeed but he needs to stop being so anonymous in matches. He just doesn’t strike me as a big game player at all. :(

Hey robertg22
Good luck filtering through the thread to find the votes this week. More discussion than voting. (yes I am one of the guilty ones)
Anyway, you earn the big bucks running the Didaka so it's about time you had to do some work to earn it.

Hey robertg22
Good luck filtering through the thread to find the votes this week. More discussion than voting. (yes I am one of the guilty ones)
Anyway, you earn the big bucks running the Didaka so it's about time you had to do some work to earn it.
Yep my bad haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. S Sidebottom
4. T Adams
3. B Sier
2. B. Maynard
1. T Langdon

Special shout out T Goldsack.

Hearts with T Varcoe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back