Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

13083378_1779639608922714_550053967101704882_n.jpg

Ordering the vegetarian meal? There’s more animal blood on your hands
December 16, 2011 6.34am AEDT

The ethics of eating red meat have been grilled recently by critics who question its consequences for environmental health and animal welfare. But if you want to minimise animal suffering and promote more sustainable agriculture, adopting a vegetarian diet might be the worst possible thing you could do.

https://theconversation.com/ordering-the-vegetarian-meal-theres-more-animal-blood-on-your-hands-4659
Have u mentioned the animals in our seas and fresh water lakes/rivers yet, Bazzar?

Owners of popular LA vegan eatery Cafe Gratitude receiving death threats after pair reveal they have started eating meat again - and are slaughtering some of their animals
  • Matthew and Terces Engelgart, the owners of the popular vegan eateries Cafe Gratitude, announced last March they were eating meat again
  • The pair also shared that they were slaughtering some of their cows to get this meat
  • There has now been a massive outcry among some, who are upset that the two own a vegan chain but consume animals
  • The pair do not understand why people are so angry, with some calling for a boycott of their restaurants
  • 'Somehow we got made mom and dad of some vegan movement. We never signed up for that. It's crazy,' said Matthew
By CHRIS SPARGO FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 08:10 EST, 29 April 2016 | UPDATED: 09:23 EST, 29 April 2016

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-meat-slaughtering-animals.html#ixzz47KBm8IFS
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
All you do is scan the net for articles like this.

If u have it in for people that respect all animals, so be it, but searching for any article u can that hates on vegans/vegetarians, and then posting them here, truly is pathetic, imo.

Carn the Power!

Last edited:
All you do is scan the net for articles like this.

If u have it in for people that respect all animals, so be it, but searching for any article u can that hates on vegans/vegetarians, and then posting them here, truly is pathetic, imo.
No scanning for this as it's been on just about every blog, fb and news feed in the last week.

No scanning for this as it's been on just about every blog, fb and news feed in the last week.
It's what u focus on... It's like u wouldn't be happy if the abuse, torture and murder of innocent animals was ended...

If I wanted to be a troll I could copy n paste a million articles... but that doesn't interest me.

Vegetarians are fine, it's the idiot Vegans who deserve all the ridicule. This was taken today in Flinders street.

Funny how they stood under a sign saying "Free choice" and at the same time were ramming their propaganda down everyone's throats and lecturing the sinful meateaters.

26139556354_98bd858ddb_z.jpg
I'd imagine that they were just trying to create awareness.

Do u know what the difference is between being vegetarian and vegan? Vegetarians can eat eggs, dairy and honey, vegans don't. So vegetarians don't eat meat whilst vegans don't consume any animal products at all.

Are u aware of the amount of animal suffering that continuously goes on around the world?? And u have a go at vegans.. please...

Do u realize that most vegans/vegetarians were previously meat eaters (I for one ate meat pretty much daily)? But for some reason they stopped, and in a lot of cases it was the awareness of the cruelty and animal suffering involved in the meat/dairy industry that did it.

I'm not having a go at anyone, just defending.

Vegetarianism/veganism will grow and grow...

Vegetarians are fine, it's the idiot Vegans who deserve all the ridicule. This was taken today in Flinders street.

Funny how they stood under a sign saying "Free choice" and at the same time were ramming their propaganda down everyone's throats and lecturing the sinful meateaters.

All I want to do there is grab a burger then sit down and eat in front of them.

See what happens when you don't eat meat, your face goes pale & your teeth full out hence why you need to keep you mouth closed!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One somebody think of the children? Those poor malnourished children.

I wonder if there's a clause in the Child Welfare Act regarding the children of Vegans?
I wonder if the one wearing the Nikes in the picture ever thinks about the kids in the Asian sweatshop that made them.

Hey there everybody. I have heard something about phentermine, people been saying that it is a miracle dieting pill. wanted to ask if you know what I am talking about about whether it is really helpful or it is not? is there somebody who used it? ty.

Haha nice plug, anything ending in 'mine' or 'ine' will speed up your metabolism so it's only a short term fix.
If you need a pill to lose weight your diet is in need of drastic attention

He's right about bacteria synthesising B12 however not all bacteria will do this AND the diet which cultivates the best bacteria for synthesising and absorbing vitamins and minerals is a healthy meat and veg diet.

Also a raw diet isn't very good for digestion. When you have any sort of digestive issue it is recommended to consume very well cooked meals; raw food isn't that easy to digest.

So although i agree with what he's saying, he's really only telling you half of the story.

Totally agree with him about stomach acid though. :)

He's right about bacteria synthesising B12 however not all bacteria will do this AND the diet which cultivates the best bacteria for synthesising and absorbing vitamins and minerals is a healthy meat and veg diet.

Also a raw diet isn't very good for digestion. When you have any sort of digestive issue it is recommended to consume very well cooked meals; raw food isn't that easy to digest.

So although i agree with what he's saying, he's really only telling you half of the story.

Totally agree with him about stomach acid though. :)

Yeah cruciferous Veges shouldn't be eaten raw, nor plants containing oxalates like kale etc..

Also a raw diet isn't very good for digestion.
Actually I'd say raw fruit and simple leafy greens (lettuce/baby spinach) is about as good as it gets for easy digestion. Clean fuel for the body. Easy to digest and full of goodness.

I ate nothing but raw for one straight month, a couple years back, felt amazing - full of energy, sprung out of bed in the mornings, skin was glowing, digestive system was loving it and lost some weight too (not that I was over-weight to start with).

Actually I'd say raw fruit and simple leafy greens (lettuce/baby spinach) is about as good as it gets for easy digestion. Clean fuel for the body. Easy to digest and full of goodness.

I ate nothing but raw for one straight month, a couple years back, felt amazing - full of energy, sprung out of bed in the mornings, skin was glowing, digestive system was loving it and lost some weight too (not that I was over-weight to start with).

so you werent able to eat enough of the right things to sustain your body's needs?

also, why did you stop?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back