Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe in terms of weight but in terms of actual body composition it is impossible to put on 2-3kg of fat in 2 days, weight will normalise once you return to previous eating patterns as you said.

No doubt, especially if you are eating low carb and then all of sudden eat a lot of sugary food, The increased glycogen in the body will hold more water also, giving a bit of false reading on the scales.

No doubt, especially if you are eating low carb and then all of sudden eat a lot of sugary food, The increased glycogen in the body will hold more water also, giving a bit of false reading on the scales.

Thanks. I noticed that and thought something was wrong.

I would put on 1-2kg

Thanks. I noticed that and thought something was wrong.

I would put on 1-2kg

Don't stress to much, when I'm dieting I will weigh myself Monday and Friday mornings, as long as each weeks weigh in is slightly less than the week before I'm heading in the right direction.

But I will say if you want to get very lean or lose some serious weight you will need to be stricter with your diet on weekends.

Alright, I'm freaking out here...

When I weighed myself yesterday morning I was 73.3kg and at the start of the week I was 74.1kg. I'm obviously trying to lose weight and have been doing vigorous exercise + eating very lightly for some time now. As yesterday was Christmas, I overindulged (as most of us do) - drank about 15 beers, had bacon and eggs for breakfast, had a standard Christmas lunch and the leftovers for dinner plus a fair bit of dessert. It was probably the most I had eaten for some time.

When I woke up this morning I weighed myself and wasn't expecting the scales to be friendly to me but I certainly didn't expect me to weigh 75.9kg! How is that possible? That's literally a month's work gone in one day. Why has this happened? Will I lose that easily again or am I back at square one because I ate so poorly yesterday? It's so disheartening to think all the work I have put in lately has been pointless because I decided to give myself a day off :(

Any advice, tips or information would be greatly appreciated.

Alright, I'm freaking out here...

When I weighed myself yesterday morning I was 73.3kg and at the start of the week I was 74.1kg. I'm obviously trying to lose weight and have been doing vigorous exercise + eating very lightly for some time now. As yesterday was Christmas, I overindulged (as most of us do) - drank about 15 beers, had bacon and eggs for breakfast, had a standard Christmas lunch and the leftovers for dinner plus a fair bit of dessert. It was probably the most I had eaten for some time.

When I woke up this morning I weighed myself and wasn't expecting the scales to be friendly to me but I certainly didn't expect me to weigh 75.9kg! How is that possible? That's literally a month's work gone in one day. Why has this happened? Will I lose that easily again or am I back at square one because I ate so poorly yesterday? It's so disheartening to think all the work I have put in lately has been pointless because I decided to give myself a day off :(

Any advice, tips or information would be greatly appreciated.

First off, don't freak out it will be some water weight, but it will be some body fat. But don't beat yourself, don't throw it the towel and go stuff it and put on more weight. It's to late for this advice now buts it's never a good idea to weigh yourself directly before and after Xmas, it's better to do it 2-3 days after.

Last point do be mindful going forward when you have events, parties etc. will there will be food and alcohol be mindful as you can undo some of your work over a weekend.

Just get back on track with your eating habits, don't over correct and go to low with calories. Weight loss is a marathon not a sprint, there will be some ups and downs a long the way.

It really depends how on top of it you are as well..

I log calories and have cut mine below my maintenance, but always find Xmas hard to log purely because of homemade foods, serving sizes etc

It really depends how on top of it you are as well..

I log calories and have cut mine below my maintenance, but always find Xmas hard to log purely because of homemade foods, serving sizes etc

15 beers and a bacon/egg breakfast I'd say at 74ks he already hit his calorie intake before any lunch/dinner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the weight will be fat. Most will be a combination of holding more water, refilling body's stores of energy (mainly glycogen, which draws water) and having more food in your stomach. Best approach is just to put it behind you and keep up your healthy changes. Focus long-term, you can have a few bad weeks and still have a very good year.

Plus, it's Christmas! It's better to enjoy the special occasions than be one of those people that bring Tupperware chicken breasts and broccoli to Christmas dinners lol.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-11/why-does-alcohol-make-you-hungry/8176220

This article reminded me of my own lived experiences regarding alcohol induced junk food binges (like I said just my lived experience not saying there's any science to back up my claims).

When I'm on a LCHF diet I never (or certainly very very rarely) indulge in a junk food regardless of how drunk I get. However in mid October when I switched to a high carb diet one of the first boozy nights out I had ended in a visit to a kebab shop.

Keep it clean - whole foods.. Keep processed foods to a minimum.. Walk a couple K's a day... Sorted. Go harder if u want.... Dedicate.

Yep

The recipe is pretty simple.....and I'll add stretching to the above

Remove this Banner Ad

Back