Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

Tbh I'm struggling with my diet atm.
Binging on crap on a Saturday and cann9t for the life of me get rid of the pot belly
Think I might just stop eating altogether for a month!!
I see how frustrating and hard it must be for people who are obese or 'fat' to lose a lot of weight

It is hard, honestly i've found in the past if you want to get those last few kgs off it comes down to how consistent you are with diet. You can easily undo 5 days worth of dieting by simply eating to much on a Saturday/Sunday night.

Conversely overweight people can find it "easier" to lose the weight at first because their weight is a lot higher than it should be..... i know its an extreme example look at the contestant on the biggest loser some of the really overweight people can lose 10-12kgs in a "week" 3 weeks later they struggle to lose 3kgs.

It is hard, honestly i've found in the past if you want to get those last few kgs off it comes down to how consistent you are with diet. You can easily undo 5 days worth of dieting by simply eating to much on a Saturday/Sunday night.

Conversely overweight people can find it "easier" to lose the weight at first because their weight is a lot higher than it should be..... i know its an extreme example look at the contestant on the biggest loser some of the really overweight people can lose 10-12kgs in a "week" 3 weeks later they struggle to lose 3kgs.
3 weeks in the biggest loser is in fact 5 sometimes 6 weeks, it's not the actual time frame they lead us to believe, and the initial few weeks the majority is nothing but fluid

Just need more discipline
Quit smoking so should be able to do anything
It'll happen

The key is not to be to hard on yourself if you aren't as disciplined as you want to be. To often people undo hard work by going "stuff this" and eat away all their good work. Slowly, slowly chip away at it.

Say you eat 4 meals a day every week, so 28 meals in total. If you are now getting 21 of those meals that hit your targets, aim for 23 the next week, 24 for the week after and try limiting the weekend splurge.

Southern Hemisphere is kicking low carb arse.

Australia - CSIRO officially backs low carb diet

New Zealand - Ministry of Education just announced LCHF advocate Prof Grant Schofield as the first ever Chief Education Health and Nutrition Advisor.

South Africa - Tim Noakes has been found not guilty by the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) on a charge of unprofessional conduct and with overwhelming evidence presented now calling for dietitians to be flexible and open minded in offering professional advice

some more evidence opposing those who say saturated fat is not an issue.

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep46457
Does that mean I will have to limit saturated fat with my pet Rat?

Oh' the 39% sweetened condensed milk and 17% fructose probably didn't help with the high fat results.

And why did the paper described tallow as inflammatory yet had lauric acid (50% of coconut oil) & healthy animal trans fats as good, then went on to call LA inflammatory?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that mean I will have to limit saturated fat with my pet Rat?

Oh' the 39% sweetened condensed milk and 17% fructose probably didn't help with the high fat results.

And why did the paper described tallow as inflammatory yet had lauric acid (50% of coconut oil) & healthy animal trans fats as good, then went on to call LA inflammatory?
so devastated you have been suspended.

it does save us from reading your ignorance on this issue though.

it does save us from reading your ignorance on this issue though.

My ignorance on this issue? Can you elaborate.

Also have you read the latest editorial in the British Medical Journal?

"
Editorial

Saturated fat does not clog the arteries: coronary heart disease is a chronic inflammatory condition, the risk of which can be effectively reduced from healthy lifestyle interventions"

http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285

Anyone have any tips for sticking to diet? i work fifo and sometimes gets a bit hard to remain dedicated and start comfort eating. Never have an issue training though
Bulk prepping
Can be a pain but if you can bulk prep a few types of meals and fridge or freezer them maybe
If you get to eat at work canteen with the fifo stuff that might be hard tho

But at home either buy healthy ready to eat stuff or prep up

We usually cook up on a sunday day for the week ahead

Bulk prepping
Can be a pain but if you can bulk prep a few types of meals and fridge or freezer them maybe
If you get to eat at work canteen with the fifo stuff that might be hard tho

But at home either buy healthy ready to eat stuff or prep up

We usually cook up on a sunday day for the week ahead
thanks alot for the feedback... il give the prepping a go

Veggie bakes
chicken thats cooked lasts for a good few days in the fridge
Chow mein, lasagne
Cmon there's heaps of meals you can make that will give you three or four meals for the week stored in the fridge
We bulk soup as well...make a massive pot of veg soup, let it cool then put it in zip lock bags and freeze it flat....great for easy last min snacks or meals at work, just take one out the freezer the night before.
You're only limited by your imagination

Started meal prepping for work lunches after realizing how bad I was eating. I cook a bunch of veggies Sunday night for last for 4 days and then 2 pieces of salmon for Mon/Tues, followed by cooking chicken Tuesday night for Wed/Thurs.

Been surprisingly easy so far so hopefully it's something I can continue to do into the future and just mix the veggies and meat up to avoid becoming bored.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back