Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing to do with previous diet or bloods, but current partial (home based BG, ketones and general cholesterol) to full path bloods, and they are extraordinary because they are better than average and all achieved on a carnivore diet with zero fruit, veg, legumes and grain.

I was more thinking where they eating good bad or indifferent before hand.

When it comes to dieting, I'm a big believer in it's not what you start eating it's what you stop eating!

My only concern is the no veg and lack of fibre

I'm 48 days in to my nequalsmany study. And I'll tell you my story
For the last 3 years I've been LCHF with a lot of fasting, prior to that I was eating what you all call healthy,
I don't smoke haven't drank in 11 years, Ive trained most days over the last 15 years (weights, boxing, running, road bike, Powerlifting) also played football for 20 years.

Since going carnivore I've been eating between 1.5 to 2.5 kg of meat daily, I mainly eat beef but also have pork fish chicken and lamb on the occasion but beef seems to satisfy me more.
I am still pooing daily it just depends on if I eat lean or fatty meat on the consistency.
I am busy, 3 kids, busy job and am still training lots and I am feeling amazing and I'm feeling strong, I actually feel better now doing this than I did on LCHF and fasting I never crash after meals like the old carb days.

I started at 92kg but now 86kg but have lost 8cm around my waist.

Meat is nutrition dense packed with lots of protein, vitamins & creatine.

Good luck to Bazzar, it is the easiest diet ever no complications and meat actually tastes better every day.

Attachments

• IMG_6760.PNG
    IMG_6760.PNG
    187.1 KB · Views: 7
Just sounds like some stupid s**t.

I know for myself that if I don't eat fibre I am quite literally shitting bricks (painfully).
"If you dont eat fiber you s**t what ever?" Sounds like your diet is all over the place
For the last 3 years I've been LCHF with a lot of fasting, prior to that I was eating what you all call healthy,
I don't smoke haven't drank in 11 years, Ive trained most days over the last 15 years (weights, boxing, running, road bike, Powerlifting) also played football for 20 years.

Since going carnivore I've been eating between 1.5 to 2.5 kg of meat daily, I mainly eat beef but also have pork fish chicken and lamb on the occasion but beef seems to satisfy me more.
I am still pooing daily it just depends on if I eat lean or fatty meat on the consistency.
I am busy, 3 kids, busy job and am still training lots and I am feeling amazing and I'm feeling strong, I actually feel better now doing this than I did on LCHF and fasting I never crash after meals like the old carb days.

Good luck to Bazzar, it is the easiest diet ever no complications and meat actually tastes better every day.
Im hanging to do it. Melb Cup day is when i stop

Out of interest what was your diet like before you stated eating like this?

Out of interest what was your diet like before you stated eating like this?
As mentioned in my first post.
For the last 3 years I've been LCHF with a lot of fasting, prior to that I was eating what you all call healthy (lots of fruit, veggies, carbs)
Also Ive never eaten much take away, sweets, lollies or soft drinks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As mentioned in my first post.
For the last 3 years I've been LCHF with a lot of fasting, prior to that I was eating what you all call healthy (lots of fruit, veggies, carbs)
Also Ive never eaten much take away, sweets, lollies or soft drinks.

Yeah I read that, but you didn't say what you ate rather how you ate.

Yeah I read that, but you didn't say what you ate rather how you ate.
I never wrote a journal on my LCHF or fasting, but it was meat, fish, cheese, eggs vegetables, cream.
Prior to that was meat, fish vegetables, dairy, eggs, rice, pasta, lots of fruit.
I've never been really into junk food, sweets, soft drinks.

Creatine in meat is destroyed once heated/cooked.

Creatine in meat is destroyed once heated/cooked.
Are you sure?
Read this on livestrong
CREATINE IN MEAT
Meat is one of the primary sources of creatine. Beef has about 5 grams of creatine for every 2.5 pounds of meat, according to Iowa State University Extension. You’ll also get about the same amount from pork. Since 2.5 pounds of meat is enough for 13 servings, one 3-ounce serving of beef has about 0.4 gram of creatine. As a general guideline, any type of uncooked muscle meat has 3 grams to 6 grams of creatine per 2.5 pounds of meat. Beef and chicken lose about 5 percent of their total creatine when they’re cooked, unless they’re boiled or stewed. When the meat is braised for a long time, you may lose as much as 30 percent of the creatine.

In the last 3 weeks I've;

Upper my carb intake with rice and sweet potatoe
Started drinking green tea and using a greens powder
Working out at 5am fasted
First meal is at 9:30am
Walking after work for 20-30mins

I've dropped 4kg

*talking rubbish I've done all those things for months but the last 3 weeks I've cut out junk food during the week. At work we have plenty of biscuits etc for us to eat usually I'd have 2-4bisucts a day and forgo rice etc to balance out. But decided to up the rice and feel fuller and no need for any biscuits

Hi guys
This has probably been covered previously but hoping I can get some advice
I'm looking at doing a Keto plan , heard a radio segment on it and after doing some reading it sounds like something very achievable for me

Hoping to clarify a few things as there is some conflicting opinion on the web
- pre and play workouts . I take these from time to time , will they break the cycle if I do take them ? If they do is there an alternative ?
- vegies , are the steam fresh microwave packs fine or does is need to be 'fresh' vegies?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated !

Hi guys
This has probably been covered previously but hoping I can get some advice
I'm looking at doing a Keto plan , heard a radio segment on it and after doing some reading it sounds like something very achievable for me

Hoping to clarify a few things as there is some conflicting opinion on the web
- pre and play workouts . I take these from time to time , will they break the cycle if I do take them ? If they do is there an alternative ?
- vegies , are the steam fresh microwave packs fine or does is need to be 'fresh' vegies?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated !

Micro supermarket vegies are perfectly fine, some argue even better than so called supermarket fresh, just remember to limit starch based veg like spuds, sweet potato, carrots etc.

There's still so much conjecture regarding pre and post sups if they even work in the first place, but one thing that is needed is protein and magnesium supps. Bulk Nutrients Whey Protein Isolate is outstanding, almost zero carb and taste great, and their Total Electrolyte Blend is as good as it gets and will last for ages.

The one big bit of advise for you when getting into keto is dink HEAPS of water, what ever you drink normally triple it for the first 2-3 weeks. It will limit the horrible so called "keto flue" which is basically big time dehydration.

Good luck, and keep us posted

In the last 3 weeks I've;

Upper my carb intake with rice and sweet potatoe
Started drinking green tea and using a greens powder
Working out at 5am fasted
First meal is at 9:30am
Walking after work for 20-30mins

I've dropped 4kg

*talking rubbish I've done all those things for months but the last 3 weeks I've cut out junk food during the week. At work we have plenty of biscuits etc for us to eat usually I'd have 2-4bisucts a day and forgo rice etc to balance out. But decided to up the rice and feel fuller and no need for any biscuits

I've just started taking pharma greens too. Any noticeable effects?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Micro supermarket vegies are perfectly fine, some argue even better than so called supermarket fresh, just remember to limit starch based veg like spuds, sweet potato, carrots etc.

There's still so much conjecture regarding pre and post sups if they even work in the first place, but one thing that is needed is protein and magnesium supps. Bulk Nutrients Whey Protein Isolate is outstanding, almost zero carb and taste great, and their Total Electrolyte Blend is as good as it gets and will last for ages.

The one big bit of advise for you when getting into keto is dink HEAPS of water, what ever you drink normally triple it for the first 2-3 weeks. It will limit the horrible so called "keto flue" which is basically big time dehydration.

Good luck, and keep us posted
Thanks for that . Will do

I use bulk nutrients pre workout and the BCAA recovery , should I shelve using them or just limit it ?

Cheers

Thanks for that . Will do

I use bulk nutrients pre workout and the BCAA recovery , should I shelve using them or just limit it ?

Cheers
Don't shelve them on the back of my opinion, each to their own, just make sure they are low in carbs because your total daily count should be around 50g

I've just started taking pharma greens too. Any noticeable effects?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been taking greens for the last 5 years. I have them at breakfast as I generally eat eggs or oats/berries/yoghurt so helps get an extra serve of greens in me.

They supplement my diet as opppsed to doing anything magical

Remove this Banner Ad

Back