Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

When you did keto did you eat carbs one day a week?

I followed a low card method that i read in Tim Ferris's 4 hour body clock book. You avoid carbs 6 days a week and then eat as much carbs as you want one day a week. This worked for me.

I am sure others in this thread will have worthwhile advice for you.

Calorie restriction is not very successful for the long term so maybe pick up some tips from posters on this board.

IF does nothing for me but others on thos board swear by it.

IF did nothing.

I did Keto with a Saturday "Rest" day with carbs, but stomach problems during the week would always return.

At least on 1200 with Chicken/Broccoli/Brown Rice or Sweet Potato, i don't have any of those issues during the weak.

Currently i need to focus on getting my vitamin intake locked down, as i have been avoiding it recently.

IF did nothing.

I did Keto with a Saturday "Rest" day with carbs, but stomach problems during the week would always return.

At least on 1200 with Chicken/Broccoli/Brown Rice or Sweet Potato, i don't have any of those issues during the weak.

Currently i need to focus on getting my vitamin intake locked down, as i have been avoiding it recently.
Good stuff and good luck.
Do you take transdermal magnesium? It is the easiest thing to make.

IF did nothing.

Try eating nothing but raw fruits and vegetables for 1-2 weeks+. Eat as much as you like, too. Plus stick to just water and freshly made juices. The first 4-5 days will be the toughest... Then you'll start feeling the benefits, such as rising energy levels and amazing digestion.

Give it a go... I dare ya.

Try eating nothing but raw fruits and vegetables for 1-2 weeks+. Eat as much as you like, too. Plus stick to just water and freshly made juices. The first 4-5 days will be the toughest... Then you'll start feeling the benefits, such as rising energy levels and amazing digestion.

Not a terrible idea for the short term.

Maybe after 2 weeks at 1200 i can give this a go for 2 weeks.

It isn't something i would usually do, but i need to build my discipline, and that involves doing things i wouldn't normally do.

It isn't something i would usually do, but i need to build my discipline, and that involves doing things i wouldn't normally do.

Maybe replace a meal with a green smoothie, hemp oil, chia seeds and chlorella for a little while.

i found a good drink for getting rid of heavy metals.

1 tsp activated charcoal
1 tbs bentonite clay
1tbs chia seeds
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbs psyllium husks
(Optional) 1 tsp diatomaceous earth

Add 2 cups of distilled water and shake in a non metal shaker. Drink then follow up with 2 glasses of distilled water (MUST DRINK THIS WATER)

Maybe replace a meal with a green smoothie, hemp oil, chia seeds and chlorella for a little while.

i found a good drink for getting rid of heavy metals.

1 tsp activated charcoal
1 tbs bentonite clay
1tbs chia seeds
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbs psyllium husks
(Optional) 1 tsp diatomaceous earth

Add 2 cups of distilled water and shake in a non metal shaker. Drink then follow up with 2 glasses of distilled water (MUST DRINK THIS WATER)
Nah i am not gonna do that hahaa

A keto based diet with one carb cheat day isn't very ketogenic. It makes fat adaption extremely difficult.
True.

This was after the stomach issues keep occurring, which is why i ended up stopping because of the disruption to ketosis.

I still implement keto tricks though, as some parts of it are great and still fit in with what i want to do

Are you male or Female.... Because 1200 calories is pretty low for a male, even though your looking to lose so much weight, you will most likely find that your hungry all the time, therefore more likely to binge eat or snack more on unhealthy foods.

True.

This was after the stomach issues keep occurring, which is why i ended up stopping because of the disruption to ketosis.

I still implement keto tricks though, as some parts of it are great and still fit in with what i want to do
People with stomach issues benefit from doing their own FODMAP protocol. All my adult life I have had stomach issues especially heartburn/indigestion, after FODMAP elimination i excluded cabbage, onion and garlic and haven't had an issue in nearly 4 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you did keto did you eat carbs one day a week?

I followed a low card method that i read in Tim Ferris's 4 hour body clock book. You avoid carbs 6 days a week and then eat as much carbs as you want one day a week. This worked for me.

I am sure others in this thread will have worthwhile advice for you.

Calorie restriction is not very successful for the long term so maybe pick up some tips from posters on this board.

IF does nothing for me but others on thos board swear by it.

Also, not trying to teach you how to suck eggs, but definitely combine with exercise, HIIT is fantastic. Look into Auyervedic doshers, you might have a kapha dosher imbalance and most certainly look after your liver, i can PM you a gentle liver flush method.

Did you mean severe calorie restriction? Otherwise weight loss is only achieved through calorie restriction.

Are you male or Female.... Because 1200 calories is pretty low for a male, even though your looking to lose so much weight, you will most likely find that your hungry all the time, therefore more likely to binge eat or snack more on unhealthy foods.
Male.

It is low and i am hungry all the time, but i am always hungry all the time when i was eating 3500 cals a day, so its nothing new.

This time, i want to fight through it and build some sort of discipline.

Back in this thread.

Trying a daily calorie limit of 1200 per day. Mainly because I need to lose 40 kegs, but mainly because i want to work on my discipline.

Working hard, toughing through hard times and saying no to the easy way. No half measures, and this is something i have never done. Everything else has failed, so why can't this work :)

Maybe try alternating high and low weeks. Or do two weeks of low calorie and then 3 days of higher calories but still at maintenance levels.

Honestly don't worry to much about what others say, find a system that works for you and stick to it.

People with stomach issues benefit from doing their own FODMAP protocol. All my adult life I have had stomach issues especially heartburn/indigestion, after FODMAP elimination i excluded cabbage, onion and garlic and haven't had an issue in nearly 4 years.

It was just ripping stomach pains after 2 weeks on keto. First time was fine, but I did it again and had to stop as i was in agony in public at random times.

Also Keto killed any exercise i wanted to do, as i would s**t myself in the middle of the street ;)

Maybe try alternating high and low weeks. Or do two weeks of low calorie and then 3 days of higher calories but still at maintenance levels.

Honestly don't worry to much about what others say, find a system that works for you and stick to it.

I know that 1200 is not going to be sustainable, but like you mentioned, i was toying with 1200 on, 1500 off with maybe an 1800 on a Saturday thrown in there.

I just need to focus on keeping track of my food, prepping and weighing everything and exercising more than i do.

It was just ripping stomach pains after 2 weeks on keto. First time was fine, but I did it again and had to stop as i was in agony in public at random times.

Also Keto killed any exercise i wanted to do, as i would s**t myself in the middle of the street ;)
It sounds like there's something seemingly innocuous in your diet that's causing all your pain and thus derailing all your attempts at developing a new routine, no matter the type of diet. Maybe something like FODMAP would be best, to help you establish what exactly it is that's causing you so much pain so it can be eliminated. You can then go back and try some of the things you failed because of the pain caused.

I know that 1200 is not going to be sustainable, but like you mentioned, i was toying with 1200 on, 1500 off with maybe an 1800 on a Saturday thrown in there.

I just need to focus on keeping track of my food, prepping and weighing everything and exercising more than i do.

I'm very much for weighing, calculating and tracking food. For others this would do their head in, but for me helps stay on track.

Once you get into the habit of weighing food you get pretty good at guesstimating portion sizes and calories.

Sounds very, very unusual for keto. That's never happened to me or anyone I know who's keto.
Having the runs is no big deal, a tsp a day of psyllium husk powder will fix that, and with exercise checkout Luis Villasenor of Ketogains, he dispells any myth when it comes to lifting (or cardio if you want) on a keto diet

Male.

It is low and i am hungry all the time, but i am always hungry all the time when i was eating 3500 cals a day, so its nothing new.

This time, i want to fight through it and build some sort of discipline.
Oh i totally get where your head is at in response to wanting discipline and setting a healthy routine and sticking to that, but that discipline will be extremely hard to maintain IMO, but when you add in exercise, 1200 calories is extremely low for a male, your body will still need that fuel.

I'm very much for weighing, calculating and tracking food. For others this would do their head in, but for me helps stay on track.

Once you get into the habit of weighing food you get pretty good at guesstimating portion sizes and calories.

My greatest success has always been with tracking, weighing and calculating. 100% every time, it works. When i stop, i get lazy and unfocused and make excuses, then i fall apart.

Sounds very, very unusual for keto. That's never happened to me or anyone I know who's keto.
Having the runs is no big deal, a tsp a day of psyllium husk powder will fix that, and with exercise checkout Luis Villasenor of Ketogains, he dispells any myth when it comes to lifting (or cardio if you want) on a keto diet

I would be at the footy and would have to run to a toilet. It would come out of nowhere and strike me.

It made life hard, even though keto feels wonderful. Best feeling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back