Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

Love bulk nutrients, new delivery today
35196206_10213888828149763_3303578012452126720_n.jpg
Still yet to try them out. What does the protein taste like?

Iv tried all the flavors and dont like any apart from the basic chocolate, all the others taste a bit artificial
Im currently using gold standard exclusively. Taste is simply awesome in all flavours. Sorry for all the questions but how do you find the quality of the rest of the supps from bulk like creatine,glutamine etc

Im currently using gold standard exclusively. Taste is simply awesome in all flavours. Sorry for all the questions but how do you find the quality of the rest of the supps from bulk like creatine,glutamine etc
I dont take any creatine, glutamine etc, gave them up years ago as i feel they are a it of a con. Now days its all about the protein, the older you get the more you nèed, it's the building block of life.

I use there glutamine and creatine......to be honest unless a supps company is filling their products with wizz fizz instead of what they say the difference from one company to the next would be splitting hairs.

Still yet to try them out. What does the protein taste like?
The taste is good, although if they sold unflavoured Protein Matrix I'd get that.
I'm a fan of using Future Whey as an intra-workout drink for a bit of flavour.

Pretty sure it was Bulk Nutrients that exposed the milk powder/ash being added to the proteins of some dodgy online companies by sending out free protein testing kits. Smart business, knocked out some dodgy competitors.

My order from bulk nutrients just turned up. Am, pm burners and zma capsules. Pretty excited to try their stuff

Just remember the burners will be only as good as your diet. And pretty sure from memory you are in a calorie deficit at the moment.

I was recommended Bulk Nutrients on this board, thanks to all.

I am looking for another recommendation for a good quality/reputation distributor of vitamin and mineral supplements if possible. Natures Own, Blackmores, etc...

I tried the old google machine but there are so many options out there it just fries your brain, would be great to get a word of mouth endorsement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am looking for another recommendation for a good quality/reputation distributor of vitamin and mineral supplements if possible. Natures Own, Blackmores, etc...

I tried the old google machine but there are so many options out there it just fries your brain, would be great to get a word of mouth endorsement.

To be honest, I think these commercial type supplements don’t do much, at least nowhere near the proclaimed benefits. I’ve taken them before, fish oil, vitamin C etc. and I really didn’t feel any different. I always feel best when my diet is on point.

Im the same, been trying to find decent vitamins to no avail. BN sell C, B5 and a multi mix but thats all. I've been trying to find a good B6 powder but its easier wining lotto.

Back on the earlier subject packed lunches, more so due to necessities (also known as being incredibly broke at the moment) I'm back to packed lunches every day. This week was a salad with chicken breast in it, carrot and celery sticks with some hommus, yoghurt with muesli, then there's usually a piece of fruit and a tin of tuna in there if I get hungry.

The salad was just iceberg lettuce, carrot, tomato, a bit of chicken breast and some grated tasty cheese. The week before I had some chipotle ranch dressing that was damn good but obviously just wasted calories so there was none this week. In the groceries this week I will get spinach instead of lettuce, cottage cheese instead of grated stuff and add some avocado (3 for $5 at Coles, I can use half per salad and feel like rich folk!), Is there any other inexpensive but nutritious things I should add? I can get by with no dressing, I usually use a bit of Mexican spices on the chicken to flavour it but I'm open to suggestions.

The carrot and celery sticks are just one carrot and one branch of celery, the hommus was chipotle but I was eating them on their own most of the week .

The yoghurt is just that Yoplait forme stuff because the missus and one year old son eat it too, they won't eat greek. The muesli is Coles stuff that is way too sugary, I'll probably just put plain rolled oats on instead this week.

Then just a banana and the emergency tuna tin.

I also make an iced coffee that is a couple of spoons of instant coffee, a tiny bit of sugar that I'll probably phase out this week, probably 700ml of water and a tiny bit of regular milk. I might have two of these a day.

I'm trying to lose weight, can anyone see anything I should be adding or subtracting, with a tight budget in mind. Most things have to be ingredients that can be used in our dinners too. Also can't heat anything up so I'm limited to things that will stay edible in an Esky with an iceblock. Might look into a thermos shortly so I can take hot stuff for maybe burritos or tacos on days I don't feel like the same old salad .

Sorry for the long winded post, I just know how helpful you lot are and figured the more detail I put in the more precise you guys can be.

Back on the earlier subject packed lunches, more so due to necessities (also known as being incredibly broke at the moment) I'm back to packed lunches every day. This week was a salad with chicken breast in it, carrot and celery sticks with some hommus, yoghurt with muesli, then there's usually a piece of fruit and a tin of tuna in there if I get hungry.

The salad was just iceberg lettuce, carrot, tomato, a bit of chicken breast and some grated tasty cheese. The week before I had some chipotle ranch dressing that was damn good but obviously just wasted calories so there was none this week. In the groceries this week I will get spinach instead of lettuce, cottage cheese instead of grated stuff and add some avocado (3 for $5 at Coles, I can use half per salad and feel like rich folk!), Is there any other inexpensive but nutritious things I should add? I can get by with no dressing, I usually use a bit of Mexican spices on the chicken to flavour it but I'm open to suggestions.

The carrot and celery sticks are just one carrot and one branch of celery, the hommus was chipotle but I was eating them on their own most of the week .

The yoghurt is just that Yoplait forme stuff because the missus and one year old son eat it too, they won't eat greek. The muesli is Coles stuff that is way too sugary, I'll probably just put plain rolled oats on instead this week.

I also make an iced coffee that is a couple of spoons of instant coffee, a tiny bit of sugar that I'll probably phase out this week, probably 700ml of water and a tiny bit of regular milk. I might have two of these a day.

I'm trying to lose weight, can anyone see anything I should be adding or subtracting, with a tight budget in mind. Most things have to be ingredients that can be used in our dinners too. Also can't heat anything up so I'm limited to things that will stay edible in an Esky with an iceblock. Might look into a thermos shortly so I can take hot stuff for maybe burritos or tacos on days I don't feel like the same old salad .

Sorry for the long winded post, I just know how helpful you lot are and figured the more detail I put in the more precise you guys can be.
One thing I would offer without going in to too much detail is to swap out iceberg lettuce for spinach. Iceberg lettuce provides very few nutrients especially when compared to spinach which carries a whole range of micronutrient benefits.

Woolies also has odd bunch avos which are $7 for 8.

That thumbnail and eating Pete Evans stuff has put me off you RU
Luckily I don’t think you were on me to begin with. ;)

Couldn’t give a s**t if it’s dickhead Evans, the sauce is healthier than just about every other sauce out there and allows me to have some flavour with my daily stir fry’s.

Luckily I don’t think you were on me to begin with. ;)

Couldn’t give a s**t if it’s dickhead Evans, the sauce is healthier than just about every other sauce out there and allows me to have some flavour with my daily stir fry’s.
"Dickhead Evans" has probably been resonsible for more Australians adapting health eating and lifestyle hahits than any other I can remember, and that includes the DAA.

"Dickhead Evans" has probably been resonsible for more Australians adapting health eating and lifestyle hahits than any other I can remember, and that includes the DAA.
I personally couldn't care what the bloke does, everyone calls him a twit so I figured I would follow suit. Hasn't done anything wrong by me and he brought out 3 delicious sauces.

After some advice here though, my daily food routine is typically:

Breakfast: Oats w/ greek yoghurt.
Lunch (1.5 hours before gym): Rice, chicken breast that I've diced and just frozen stir fry veggies with Evans sauce that's been seen above.
Dinner: Same as above, no rice.
Will usually snack on some almonds throughout the day.

What is something I can snack on at night time though? Quit smoking 6 weeks ago and have found myself snacking on chocolate at night time, haven't noticed much weight increase but I think it's just trying to compensate for the darts (was easily smoking 30-40 in a day). I'd snack on more almonds but they are pretty damn fatty. Anyone have any good snack ideas? I just get bored. :p

I personally couldn't care what the bloke does, everyone calls him a twit so I figured I would follow suit. Hasn't done anything wrong by me and he brought out 3 delicious sauces.

Lunch (1.5 hours before gym): Rice, chicken breast that I've diced and just frozen stir fry veggies with Evans sauce that's been seen above.

What is something I can snack on at night time though? Quit smoking 6 weeks ago and have found myself snacking on chocolate at night time, haven't noticed much weight increase but I think it's just trying to compensate for the darts (was easily smoking 30-40 in a day). I'd snack on more almonds but they are pretty damn fatty. Anyone have any good snack ideas? I just get bored. :p
And this is the norm when it comes to Evans, its has always cracked me up.

How much is a snack of chocolate? Two squares, two rows or a block?

How much is a snack of chocolate? Two squares, two rows or a block?
Typically a pack of m&m's or smarties or the like and ill snack on that pack each night for 2-3 nights. It's bad, I know. I just can't get dark chocolate in a block because it's the actual snacking routine that's ******* me at the moment, so i'd have 2-3 squares and be searching for something else I can lay in bed or sit at my desk and just pinch-hit at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back