Crankitup

SRP Outcast
Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
How would you respond to this statement. "It's ok to feel hungry. Only fat people feel full all the time."?
I would agree with the sentiment that it's natural to sometimes feel hungry - (real hunger). I know I did quite often as a kid and I was skinny as a rake. Now with snacks between meals etc I rarely feel hungry. I've heard it said that when you feel hungry your body has moved on from burning predominately carbs to burning fat stores.

M Malice

Formerly 'Jason mp'
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
How would you respond to this statement. "It's ok to feel hungry. Only fat people feel full all the time."?
I intermittent fast with LCHF, if I'm in my usual routine it's 20/4 fasting, eating between 11am and 3pm, never feel hungry doing this.

The only time I feel hungry is on one of my cheat days, maybe once every 3-4 weeks when I binge on 1 or 2 of chocolate/ice cream/burger and chips/pizza, just want to eat all day once I start on that sh*t and am really hungry the next day.

showdownhero

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
on a journey through time and space
I intermittent fast with LCHF, if I'm in my usual routine it's 20/4 fasting, eating between 11am and 3pm, never feel hungry doing this.

The only time I feel hungry is on one of my cheat days, maybe once every 3-4 weeks when I binge on 1 or 2 of chocolate/ice cream/burger and chips/pizza, just want to eat all day once I start on that sh*t and am really hungry the next day.
Feels, carb refeed day today, I’ve eaten 3000 calories and I’m still starving

Can normally eat 1500 calories and feel fine

showdownhero

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Its the collagen in the marrow that gets people excited, but dietary collagen isnt absorbed as such, its broken down into amino and no different to gaving a protien shake.
Sorry to bump and old post but I'm curious about this dietary collagen conundrum as I've heard mixed reports. On one hand I see a lot of people stating more or less what you've said above that it's another source of protein and on the other I've seen quite a bit of scientific literature pointing to it's benefits over and above normal amino acid consumption in improving the health and appearance of hair, skin and nails.

Here's a couple of examples

phantom13

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ive never personally done it but reading about bodybuilders and sh*t, the volume of food they eat and the fact most of them struggle to eat it all id say the second part is completely wrong.

Its absolutely okay to feel hungry and in reality the vast majority of us dont go for the healthy snack when we do feel hungry but only fat people feel full all the time is just silly.

showdownhero

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ive never personally done it but reading about bodybuilders and sh*t, the volume of food they eat and the fact most of them struggle to eat it all id say the second part is completely wrong.

Its absolutely okay to feel hungry and in reality the vast majority of us dont go for the healthy snack when we do feel hungry but only fat people feel full all the time is just silly.
Bodybuilders eat that much because they’re trying to get inhumanely big and are juicing out of their minds.

Not relevant to normies I don’t think.

phantom13

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Bodybuilders eat that much because they’re trying to get inhumanely big and are juicing out of their minds.

Not relevant to normies I don’t think.
The original statement didnt specify "normies"

"It's ok to feel hungry. Only fat people feel full all the time."?

Only says that "ONLY" fat people feel full all the time.

Its absolutely wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad