Crankitup

Swan River Colonist
Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
Was probably more if youre going to quote something two months old you should have something valuable to add.

In this case the assessment of value was highly subjective and based on whether my input agreed with the person offering their opinion of it's worth.

Purple7x08_24

Director of Music
May 8, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Eagles NFL, 76ers, Blue Jays
Started snacking on protein so my body always has a constant supply of it. Been reading how the body can only process so much at a time. And there are too many misconceptions out there.

go you pups

Hall of Famer
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Started snacking on protein so my body always has a constant supply of it. Been reading how the body can only process so much at a time. And there are too many misconceptions out there.
Apparently 20g of protein is enough to get into protein synthesis

However it is the macronutrient that forces the body to burn the most energy to digest it

So I think depending on your size, 30g in a sitting is probably enough (I'm 6"5 1/2 and weigh a shitload so 40-60g I feel more comfortable with and seems to aide in recovery so I can train 4-5 days a week)

showdownhero

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
on a journey through time and space

Protein distribution doesn’t matter (even in the case of an IF style 8 hour feeding window) so long as you get 3 servings of high quality protein in that time. Best to just focus on getting >1.6g per kg of bodyweight everyday.

Glorfindel

Rookie
Dec 12, 2022
AFL Club
Essendon
Protein distribution doesn’t matter (even in the case of an IF style 8 hour feeding window) so long as you get 3 servings of high quality protein in that time. Best to just focus on getting >1.6g per kg of bodyweight everyday.

This is a bit like the anabolic window myth . . . Where in reality it’s more akin to anabolic 747 hangar doors.

Purple7x08_24

Director of Music
May 8, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Nice work! I'm down 20kg since start of September.
Im trying to measure wrist and neck for more accuracy. Weight fluctuates. I went down to 76.4 on 18th. 77.4 on 23rd. Tonight I was 75.8. Im putting on some muscle but some days Im bloated.

Pugz89

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Im trying to measure wrist and neck for more accuracy. Weight fluctuates. I went down to 76.4 on 18th. 77.4 on 23rd. Tonight I was 75.8. Im putting on some muscle but some days Im bloated.
That happens. Food would be maim catalys for bloating I'd imagine. Food journal will help you ID which foods are causing it.

The hands of stone

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is a bit like the anabolic window myth . . . Where in reality it’s more akin to anabolic 747 hangar doors.
Its incredible what you learn when you research . Ive pretty much changed most of what Ive done now at 43 .
Used to panic about not getting the protein shake in within 20 minutes of a workout , because thats what I was taught.

Now just make sure Im consistent with my food ( always could be better ) to get my fuel rather than supps. Still have the odd shake if I feel ive come a bit short .

Feel better for it and getting better results then previously .

Purple7x08_24

Director of Music
May 8, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
That happens. Food would be maim catalys for bloating I'd imagine. Food journal will help you ID which foods are causing it.
I think it's carbonated water. It happens occasionally. I get super bloated. Only other thing I had was gnocci putanesca

Purple7x08_24

Director of Music
May 8, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Weight is fluctuating wildly. 75.6 yesterday. Did a huge back and biceps workout. Im 77.2kg today. No idea where the weight is. Muscle reactivation water weight or both

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DickieKnee

🍺
Jul 8, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Weight is fluctuating wildly. 75.6 yesterday. Did a huge back and biceps workout. Im 77.2kg today. No idea where the weight is. Muscle reactivation water weight or both
Are you weighing yourself at the same time of day?
I usually weigh myself every morning and go off that. I can be up to 2 kg heavier in the afternoon

phantom13

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I range anywhere between 98-103 depending on time of day, training load for the week, hydration, etc etc etc.

If im anywhere in that range i assume ive have pretty much no variance, if it gets outside of that i assume something is going on (albeit not necessarily anything bad).

Remove this Banner Ad