Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with you totally mate, but it makes me suspect that we are still in the dark ages re nutrition.

Or, at the very least, that there is not a "one size fits all" solution on the topic.

I swear the only thing settled in nutrition is sugar is bad. No one is advocating for a high sugar diet. But there’s someone advocating for everything else. From vegan to carnivore and whatever macro breakdown you can think off.

I think it just boils down to eat lots of fruit, veggies and then don’t eat stuff that comes out of a packet (as much as possible)

Sugar is good?

Sugar isn’t the devil it’s made out to be. Just like anything diet/nutrition excess is bad.

The reason why so many diets are spruiked is because some snake oil salesman has watched some YouTube clips on a certain style of eating. This now makes them an expert and they can convert their minion follows to how good it is. End result they make money.

Sugar isn’t the devil it’s made out to be. Just like anything diet/nutrition excess is bad.

The reason why so many diets are spruiked is because some snake oil salesman has watched some YouTube clips on a certain style of eating. This now makes them an expert and they can convert their minion follows to how good it is. End result they make money.

I guess I was more referring more so to things like soft drinks, breakfast cereals etc. Wasn't well worded as I understand different types of sugars have different effects eg fruit vs. lollies

I guess I was more referring more so to things like soft drinks, breakfast cereals etc. Wasn't well worded as I understand different types of sugars have different effects eg fruit vs. lollies

Sugar has similar effects, the major difference being fibre in regards lollies and fruits.

You can eat sugar and still maintain a healthy weight. If you keep protein and calories the same it shouldn’t matter if you are eating 10g or 100g of sugar

Sugar has similar effects, the major difference being fibre in regards lollies and fruits.

You can eat sugar and still maintain a healthy weight. If you keep protein and calories the same it shouldn’t matter if you are eating 10g or 100g of sugar
have you seen the recent advertisements featuring a surgeon connecting too much sugar with a greater chance of developing cancer?

have you seen the recent advertisements featuring a surgeon connecting too much sugar with a greater chance of developing cancer?

I bet those people were overweight, carrying excess body fat is the most dangerous thing for your body.

100g of sugar? Yeah your liver would be loving that.

I try to stay clear of sugar as much as possible, nothing to do with losing weight as I'm as skinny as a rake, sugar just makes me feel off so I avoid it. The sugar in fruit does not have the same affect on me.
agree. i was a bit of a sugar-holic. since i cut back i have much more energy and feel heaps better generally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The key point is keeping your body fat in a healthy range. Carrying excess body fat is the worst thing you can do for you health. How you achieve this through your diet lifestyles is completely up to the individual

More to the point I couldn’t less how anyone eats it doesn’t affect my life And I’m not here to win an argument or persuade anyone otherwise.

The key point is keeping your body fat in a healthy range. Carrying excess body fat is the worst thing you can do for you health. How you achieve this through your diet lifestyles is completely up to the individual

More to the point I couldn’t less how anyone eats it doesn’t affect my life And I’m not here to win an argument or persuade anyone otherwise.
Non alcoholic fatty liver disease, high triglyceride levels and cardio vascular disease don't discriminate on BMI.

Carnivore now for a month. Getting better performances at CrossFit, feeling less lethargic and less brain fog, lost some weight (not a whole lot cause I didn't have that much to lose), and my skin is looking a heap better.

Carnivore now for a month. Getting better performances at CrossFit, feeling less lethargic and less brain fog, lost some weight (not a whole lot cause I didn't have that much to lose), and my skin is looking a heap better.
interesting. i have questions.

do you get cravings for salad/veg?
what do you do to keep meals interesting?
what is your percentage breakdown of red meat, fish, chicken and processed stuff? (roughly)
are you a healthy pooper?

He was the one who had a chance meeting in a Los Angeles hotel loby with Billy Connolly, even though he didnt know him he thought something was odd about him, and sheepishly asked about his health and advised him to get a checkup for early onset of Parkinson's. Fortunately he did, and was diagnosed with it, and to this day is gratefull and remains in contact with him

Don’t have but it feels less inflamed when my chiro touches it
I'm with Bazzar, not a fan of Chiropractors, took my son who was a representative fast bowler to one when he was 17 years old, not a good decision and his mother and I regret it to this day, he is now 33 and he has the back of an old man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back