Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm with Bazzar, not a fan of Chiropractors, took my son who was a representative fast bowler to one when he was 17 years old, not a good decision and his mother and I regret it to this day, he is now 33 and he has the back of an old man.

I see chiro as complementary treatment rather than primary, and there are good and bad practitioners. It needs to be in conjunction with diet and lifestyle changes, as well as doing progressive mobility movements/exercises for back injuries.

I see chiro as complementary treatment rather than primary, and there are good and bad practitioners. It needs to be in conjunction with diet and lifestyle changes, as well as doing progressive mobility movements/exercises for back injuries.
:thumbsu: If it works for you that's great, health is a very individual thing in my experience.

interesting. i have questions.

do you get cravings for salad/veg?
what do you do to keep meals interesting?
what is your percentage breakdown of red meat, fish, chicken and processed stuff? (roughly)
are you a healthy pooper?

I don't get cravings at all. I find that on carnivore I rarely feel hungry and almost have to remind myself to eat. I use lots of different kinds of meat and put sour cream or butter on it. I also still have coffee and some dairy products like sour cream, Greek yoghurt, kefir and hard cheeses. I mostly eat red meat, with chicken and fish once or twice a week each. If I have chicken I eat the fatty parts, thighs or drumsticks, not the breasts. Salmon is usually my go to for fish. No processed meats. It took me a couple of weeks to start going regularly and at the moment am going every couple of days.

Last edited:

I don't get cravings at all. I find that on carnivore I rarely feel hungry and almost have to remind myself to eat. I use lots of different kinds of meat and put sour cream or butter on it. I also still have coffee and some dairy products like sour cream, Greek yoghurt, kefir and hard cheeses. I mostly eat red meat, with chicken and fish once or twice a week each. If I have chicken I eat the fatty parts, thighs or drumsticks, not the breasts. Salmon is usually my go to for fish. No processed meats. It took me a couple of weeks to start going regularly and at the moment am going every couple of days.
thanks for the reply
the dairy would definitely make things easier...at least it gives you another breakfast option, although i'd be tempted to smash a few eggs too.

i reckon i could live off pan fried salmon (lightly salted and drizzled with olive oil) but it gets expensive. i've been buying from Woolworths lately and the quality is surprisingly good. not up to the standard you get from a fishmonger but about $10 per kilo less so i'm prepared to make the sacrifice. i tried buying from Coles once but never again.
i think the price alone would stop me from going carnivore. a good steak costs about the same as salmon and even lamb chops have been ridiculously expensive of late but they're starting to come down thankfully....chicken is relatively inexpensive.

anyway, glad you've found something sustainable that works for you :thumbsu:

thanks for the reply
the dairy would definitely make things easier...at least it gives you another breakfast option, although i'd be tempted to smash a few eggs too.

i reckon i could live off pan fried salmon (lightly salted and drizzled with olive oil) but it gets expensive. i've been buying from Woolworths lately and the quality is surprisingly good. not up to the standard you get from a fishmonger but about $10 per kilo less so i'm prepared to make the sacrifice. i tried buying from Coles once but never again.
i think the price alone would stop me from going carnivore. a good steak costs about the same as salmon and even lamb chops have been ridiculously expensive of late but they're starting to come down thankfully....chicken is relatively inexpensive.

anyway, glad you've found something sustainable that works for you :thumbsu:

I've actually found carnivore cheaper. I have a great local butcher. I spend about 70-80 a week on meat there plus about 20-30 dollars on dairy at the supermarket so only spend about 100 a week on food. I don't eat lamb. I hate it.

Carnivore with dairy products sounds like paleo without vegetables.
Paleo is dairy free though
i try not to get too bogged down with the labels. he eats mostly meat with a tiny bit of dairy which is like eating mostly meat with a tiny bit of dairy.
for the sake of simplification lets just call it carnivore. sure it's not 100% accurate but neither is 'paleo'

I don't eat lamb. I hate it.
i only have 3 words for you (apart from these ones)
POT ROASTED SHANKS

Carnivore with dairy products sounds like paleo without vegetables.

The amount of dairy I eat is minimal. I'll have a dab of sour cream or butter on my steak or. Or grate some hard cheese over the top. But dairy, apart from milk, is fine on carnivore. I eat a lot of eggs too.

Hey guys just looking for some more dieting and hydration tips for the offseason I'm aiming to be as a healthy and fit as possible for next season so some more advice would be very much appreciated cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys just looking for some more dieting and hydration tips for the offseason I'm aiming to be as a healthy and fit as possible for next season so some more advice would be very much appreciated cheers

You need to be more specific than fit and healthy and give some background info on how fit and healthy you are now

You need to be more specific than fit and healthy and give some background info on how fit and healthy you are now
I'm 14 yrs old I am reasonably fit I can run 3.5km in roughly 13-14 mins I have a 6 pack and generally I eat pretty healthily, my diet consists of protein usually meat and carbs like pasta and lots of fruit and veggies but I feel like some times I lack and get tempted to eat too much rubbish like chocolate and lollies. So I guess I need some advice on how to not get so tempted and how to keep eating healthily

I'm 14 yrs old I am reasonably fit I can run 3.5km in roughly 13-14 mins I have a 6 pack and generally I eat pretty healthily, my diet consists of protein usually meat and carbs like pasta and lots of fruit and veggies but I feel like some times I lack and get tempted to eat too much rubbish like chocolate and lollies. So I guess I need some advice on how to not get so tempted and how to keep eating healthily

Your 14 years old, eat what you can while your metabolism is burning like a furnace.

Honestly don’t get to get up on feeling bad about what you eat. Just eat the lollies and chocolate in moderation. Stick to eating healthy foods.

You're 14,maybe just be grateful you get to eat everyday.
You're 14,it's natural at your age to eat lollies etc as a western 14yo.
If you care,start to learn how to grow and raise food.
Keep running if that gives you a kick,and be very careful of people on the internet full of hate,this website doesn't have a beyond blue sticky thread because it cares,it's all money.

Lol..."but I can tell you that if he spent 1000 hours reading studies he might has well went for a PhD. 6 months is roughly 180 days. Let’s assume 16 waking hours over those 180 days. 180 x 16 = 2880 hours. I would assume that he would spend at least 2 hours per day waking up, showering, eating, etc. 2880 – 360 = 2520 hours. 1000/2520 = ~40% of his available waking hours (assuming he did nothing else) was reading scientific literature. Now call me crazy, but this smells a bit fishy right off the bat."

I’m a big fan of layne Norton, no where does he say being vegan is bad, but (vegans) don’t come out and make these outlandish claims. Some of the statements are just embarrassing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back