Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

How would you respond to this statement. "It's ok to feel hungry. Only fat people feel full all the time."?

How would you respond to this statement. "It's ok to feel hungry. Only fat people feel full all the time."?

I would agree with the sentiment that it's natural to sometimes feel hungry - (real hunger). I know I did quite often as a kid and I was skinny as a rake. Now with snacks between meals etc I rarely feel hungry. I've heard it said that when you feel hungry your body has moved on from burning predominately carbs to burning fat stores.

I intermittent fast with LCHF, if I'm in my usual routine it's 20/4 fasting, eating between 11am and 3pm, never feel hungry doing this.

The only time I feel hungry is on one of my cheat days, maybe once every 3-4 weeks when I binge on 1 or 2 of chocolate/ice cream/burger and chips/pizza, just want to eat all day once I start on that s**t and am really hungry the next day.

I intermittent fast with LCHF, if I'm in my usual routine it's 20/4 fasting, eating between 11am and 3pm, never feel hungry doing this.

The only time I feel hungry is on one of my cheat days, maybe once every 3-4 weeks when I binge on 1 or 2 of chocolate/ice cream/burger and chips/pizza, just want to eat all day once I start on that sh*t and am really hungry the next day.

Feels, carb refeed day today, I’ve eaten 3000 calories and I’m still starving

Can normally eat 1500 calories and feel fine

Its the collagen in the marrow that gets people excited, but dietary collagen isnt absorbed as such, its broken down into amino and no different to gaving a protien shake.
Sorry to bump and old post but I'm curious about this dietary collagen conundrum as I've heard mixed reports. On one hand I see a lot of people stating more or less what you've said above that it's another source of protein and on the other I've seen quite a bit of scientific literature pointing to it's benefits over and above normal amino acid consumption in improving the health and appearance of hair, skin and nails.

Here's a couple of examples

Ive never personally done it but reading about bodybuilders and s**t, the volume of food they eat and the fact most of them struggle to eat it all id say the second part is completely wrong.

Its absolutely okay to feel hungry and in reality the vast majority of us dont go for the healthy snack when we do feel hungry but only fat people feel full all the time is just silly.

Ive never personally done it but reading about bodybuilders and sh*t, the volume of food they eat and the fact most of them struggle to eat it all id say the second part is completely wrong.

Its absolutely okay to feel hungry and in reality the vast majority of us dont go for the healthy snack when we do feel hungry but only fat people feel full all the time is just silly.

Bodybuilders eat that much because they’re trying to get inhumanely big and are juicing out of their minds.

Not relevant to normies I don’t think.

Bodybuilders eat that much because they’re trying to get inhumanely big and are juicing out of their minds.

Not relevant to normies I don’t think.
The original statement didnt specify "normies"

"It's ok to feel hungry. Only fat people feel full all the time."?

Only says that "ONLY" fat people feel full all the time.

Its absolutely wrong.

I recently started sticking to intermittent fasting. At first it was hard to eat in the 8 hour range. Now I try to eat once a day. I have already lost a few extra pounds.

Last edited:
The original statement didnt specify "normies"

"It's ok to feel hungry. Only fat people feel full all the time."?

Only says that "ONLY" fat people feel full all the time.

Its absolutely wrong.

It's true he used the superlative ONLY but he also used "FULL all the time".

I don't think his statement is far from the truth. If your stomach was full of food all the time you certainly wouldn't be skinny. When you're truly hungry your carb stores will be low and your body will start to burn fat. If you're FULL all the time the body won't need to dip into those fat reserves.

I don't think his statement is far from the truth. If your stomach was full of food all the time you certainly wouldn't be skinny. When you're truly hungry your carb stores will be low and your body will start to burn fat. If you're FULL all the time the body won't need to dip into those fat reserves.
Your body won't magically switch to burning fat depending on carb stores. It depends if your in a calorie defecit or surplus. Either you burning more calories than have been consumed so you will burn fat, or you haven't and it will store them as fat.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure it was worse dragging up a 2 month old post for this TBH.

I enjoy feeling hungry. Granted over time if you’re doing something like IF you adapt, I find I’m a lot more alert when I have a mild hunger.

I’ve also had some borderline hallucinations while going on some longer fasts. Could be complete placebo, but I’ve had a couple of interesting experiences.

Also love the way my body will constrict when I’m in a fasting window. By contrast I’m not a fan of that temporary fat that sits around your midrift after you’ve had a big meal/binge.

Moderate, or longer periods of mild hunger have been common since time began.

I'd say that changed in the 80s with the proliferation of large commercial scale cheap, fast takeaway like kfc, maccas etc, and no coincidence that combined with the arrival of the "dietitian" as a trendy profession preaching low fat-high carb has lead to a western world obesity issue.

I enjoy feeling hungry. Granted over time if you’re doing something like IF you adapt, I find I’m a lot more alert when I have a mild hunger.

I’ve also had some borderline hallucinations while going on some longer fasts. Could be complete placebo, but I’ve had a couple of interesting experiences.

Also love the way my body will constrict when I’m in a fasting window. By contrast I’m not a fan of that temporary fat that sits around your midrift after you’ve had a big meal/binge.
I'm pretty much the same, currently I'm doing 20/4 IF and near the end of the 20 hours I don't feel hungry at all, actually feel really great and only break the fast out of habit.... as soon as I have that first meal (healthy smoothie) I feel ravenous.

How long were the fasts where you had hallucinations? Longest fast I have done is around the 60 hours, 99% of the time I exercise fasted as well.

Not sure it was worse dragging up a 2 month old post for this TBH.

"dragging" LOL

I received a notification re post #5,586 which was posted on the same day I posted. Your post was the one immediately prior. I didn't look at the date since I wasn't aware it was verboten to quote any post other than the last one in a thread.

:rolleyes:

I'm pretty much the same, currently I'm doing 20/4 IF and near the end of the 20 hours I don't feel hungry at all, actually feel really great and only break the fast out of habit.... as soon as I have that first meal (healthy smoothie) I feel ravenous.

How long were the fasts where you had hallucinations? Longest fast I have done is around the 60 hours, 99% of the time I exercise fasted as well.

24 hours... I have done longer fasts (a couple of 48 hours) but that was one of the strangest experiences, which I'd attribute due to the fast. Ridiculous levels of focus, happiness, energy etc - similar to feeling high on MD.

"dragging" LOL

I received a notification re post #5,586 which was posted on the same day I posted. Your post was the one immediately prior. I didn't look at the date since I wasn't aware it was verboten to quote any post other than the last one in a thread.

:rolleyes:
Sorry it's an unwritten rule of the Health board that you're only allowed to respond to posts that are less than 72 hours old, this is your first and final warning ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back