Food/Supplements Diet Diet, Supplements and Enhancers - Part III

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So need to start looking for a new pre workout as my stocks of BPM Labs The One 2.0 are running a bit low. ANyone have any experience with the Optimum Nutrition PWO? It's great value and seems to have a pretty solid ingredient list (it's missing AAKG but I can add that in myself.

http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/optimum-nutrition-gold-standard-pre-workout-330g-tub

UK options are a bit limited so if anyone sees anything on the below list they can recommend it would be appreciated.

http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/pre-workout
Do you get your post workout supps here as well? Which do you find is best?

Hi there,

I'm looking for a protein powder so I can meet my protein macros for the day that isn't full of lots of artificial crap but not ridiculously priced either!

Tastes good so I can drink it plain or add to smoothies, pancakes etc.

So I can see some of you use bulk nutrition. Is it the whey protein isolate?

Sorry if I sound like an idiot in new to this!

Yeah that's what my inital post was referring to.

Hard to find proper pwo in the UK, a lot of it is banned.

same in Aus.

I have been using isatori pre gro lately and that is good.

.50 calibre (pretty sure its a uk brand) is good but very hard to swallow.

Drama

Debutant
Jul 10, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Houston Rockets
What are your feelings on pre-workouts? I've been an avid user on and off for at least the last 4 years and recently have gone completely cold turkey. I feel they do have a positive effect but i'm seeing them more and more as just a kick to the face to get the senses going more than anything.

What are your feelings on pre-workouts? I've been an avid user on and off for at least the last 4 years and recently have gone completely cold turkey. I feel they do have a positive effect but i'm seeing them more and more as just a kick to the face to get the senses going more than anything.

I am a fan. I think they make a big difference especially if you go to the gym after work. for instance, I have been at work for 11 hours - office job - had dinner while playing uno with Lance Jr... now I am lying on the couch... ready to fall asleep. I'll take a preworkout shortly and go to the gym and I'll have a pretty good workout.

I'm the same, been using PWO for years. I was pretty much double scooping on warning labels that say to not exceed single scoop. I realised how bad it was getting when I started getting headaches about an hour or two before I workout (caffeine addiction, I guess). I've slowly reduced my usage to half a scoop currently, which is still enough to get a good workout. I don't get the slap across the face I'm used to, but nothing has really changed in terms of my actual workouts.

That said, I go straight from work, so I don't have to deal with sitting down first!

Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
on a journey through time and space
I am going to start making my own preworkout soon.
I've done that before, it's cost efficient and provides decent value but you don't get the same kick as from a propitiatory blend unfortunately.

As for me I've seemingly become almost immune to PWO despite undergoing numerous caffeine detoxes.

Back