Food/Supplements Diet Diet, Supplements and Enhancers - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

just downloaded myfitness pal, as i want to lose a few kgs to add some definition. is the app worth using and does it help?

I'm haven't used the app myself but no doubt it can track your calories consumed and calories burnt through exercise. If it helps you track your results and helps you lose weight then it's worth using. Ultimately weight loss will come down to the food you eat, or more importantly the food you don't eat.

just downloaded myfitness pal, as i want to lose a few kgs to add some definition. is the app worth using and does it help?
Does it contain a food diary? Keeping an accurate food diary is probably the most well proven weight loss strategies. If not, just print off a food diary from the web, get a pen and start recording.
Eating an apple half an hour before meals helps as well. The fibre fills you up and stops you eating too much, also contains pectin which helps reduce fat absorpbtion.
Pine nuts and celery are great snacks for weight loss. Celery in particular as it is calorie negative.
Good luck.

Celery in particular as it is calorie negative.

That's a myth apparently.

There is no scientific evidence to show that any of these foods have a negative calorific impact.[3][4] Celery has a thermic effect of around 8%, much less than the 100% or more required for a food to have "negative calories". A stalk of celery provides 6 calories to the body, but the body expends only half of a single calorie digesting it.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative-calorie_food

I'd be interested to see a more scientific journal type write-up on that celery experiment. The mainstream media often have a tendency to jump on a study and proclaim it 'proves' something far beyond what the actual scientists running the study would ever be comfortable claiming.

eg: so did they only eat celery for that 12 hours? Does that mean it was actually burning more calories to digest than it provided, or did it just mean eating only celery didn't provide enough calories to make up for what was burnt in their normal BMR process over that period?

I'd be interested to see a more scientific journal type write-up on that celery experiment. The mainstream media often have a tendency to jump on a study and proclaim it 'proves' something far beyond what the actual scientists running the study would ever be comfortable claiming.

eg: so did they only eat celery for that 12 hours? Does that mean it was actually burning more calories to digest than it provided, or did it just mean eating only celery didn't provide enough calories to make up for what was burnt in their normal BMR process over that period?
TBH I watched the show a while ago and can't recall the exact details, but yes, he only ate celery during that time in the metabolic chamber. I'm assuming they would have thought to measure his BMR prior to the experiment. You'd have to watch it for yourself to find out the deets. Obviously it's a very small scale experiment. I can't see anyone throwing thousands of pounds at the celery research industry.
But the original point stands. Celery is a kick ass snack that will get you full rather than fat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone been on any iOS apps' plans? I need some refinement/help with protein intake whilst leaning up and found Lifesum an interesting prospect with recipes and ideas. But it cost 5.80 a month, so that's something to consider

Has anyone been on any iOS apps' plans? I need some refinement/help with protein intake whilst leaning up and found Lifesum an interesting prospect with recipes and ideas. But it cost 5.80 a month, so that's something to consider

What refinement/help are you after in particular?

Honestly never heard of it. What is it?

Well I should say I'm not an expert and don't fully appreciate the science of it hence me posting here. But I believe it's a peptide (anyone correct me if I'm wrong). It's a type of SARM (selective androgen receptor module) and supposedly enhances performance like a mild steroid but it doesn't have side effects (ball shrinkage, damage to organs and the rest). In fact, very little side effects have been reported so while I'm always hesitant about these things, for the most part it seems like a slam dunk.

From what I understand it was developed to prevent muscle wastage in cancer patients etc. Like anything though there are some issues. For instance you need to cycle it so as to not shut down your testosterone after the 4-8 week period and so you need some sort of oestrogen block for the four weeks after. The downside to this of course is that it makes it a somewhat expensive venture (roughly $350 for 3 months of the Ostarine and the post-cycle stuff). There have been some but infrequent reports of testosterone suppression throughout the cycle, some acne and some restless sleep but these have been rare from my research.

But people have been reporting mad gains and and a permanent pump. It won't have the same effect as an anabolic steroid of course but most people are smashing PB's within 2-4 weeks of starting the cycle. I've done a bit of looking into it all and am seriously considering trying it out. If you or anyone is interested I'm considering keeping a log I'd be happy to share afterward.

Well I should say I'm not an expert and don't fully appreciate the science of it hence me posting here. But I believe it's a peptide (anyone correct me if I'm wrong). It's a type of SARM (selective androgen receptor module) and supposedly enhances performance like a mild steroid but it doesn't have side effects (ball shrinkage, damage to organs and the rest). In fact, very little side effects have been reported so while I'm always hesitant about these things, for the most part it seems like a slam dunk.

From what I understand it was developed to prevent muscle wastage in cancer patients etc. Like anything though there are some issues. For instance you need to cycle it so as to not shut down your testosterone after the 4-8 week period and so you need some sort of oestrogen block for the four weeks after. The downside to this of course is that it makes it a somewhat expensive venture (roughly $350 for 3 months of the Ostarine and the post-cycle stuff). There have been some but infrequent reports of testosterone suppression throughout the cycle, some acne and some restless sleep but these have been rare from my research.

But people have been reporting mad gains and and a permanent pump. It won't have the same effect as an anabolic steroid of course but most people are smashing PB's within 2-4 weeks of starting the cycle. I've done a bit of looking into it all and am seriously considering trying it out. If you or anyone is interested I'm considering keeping a log I'd be happy to share afterward.
Where are you buying it from?

i have not read the whole thread so forgive me if it has been mentioned.

does any one take probiotics. if so which brand?

Anyone else see Bulk Nutrients introduce a product with DMHA?

It's meant to be the closest thing you'll get legally to DMAA.

I have a preworkout that has it in.

It'll keep you awake for a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back