Diet, Supplements and Enhancers - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky90

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
^ I didn't even know about Cutler using Synthol.

As if you'd risk using it anyway.

deeman12

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2006
home
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
demons
I posted on here late-November having weighted in at 73kg and being your standard ecto who has a hard time gaining any weight. I'm now weighing in at 79kg, which is pretty much exactly where I want to be at and maintain.

My only issue now is that I've gained a bit of fat which I'd like to lose and I'd like to look more ripped across my mid-section.

Should I cut the high-carb diet and increase my protein intake accordingly? I'd like to maintain my current weight whilst looking more lean.

Tips?

Ricky90

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
He was struggling with the bicep, he tried everything to try and get it up to scratch.
Oh yeah, no I get that he was trying anything to win. But for him there was a lot on the line.

For regulars like us, it's just inconceivable. Especially considering the risks.

"The use of injected oil to enhance muscle appearance had previously been used in the late 19th century before being abandoned due to health risks such as sclerosing lipogranuloma. Its use was revived more recently by bodybuilders.[35][36] Use can cause pulmonary embolisms, nerve damage, infections, stroke,[32] and the formation of oil-filled granulomas, cysts or ulcers in the muscle.[36][37][38] Sesame oil is often used, which can cause allergic reactions such as vasculitis.[39] An aesthetic issue is drooping of muscle under gravity." Wikipedia.

Noooooo thank you. :thumbsdown:

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
300 gram of rump steak, how many kjs and protein grams? they dont have it on calorie king, just seeing what people think roughly. Cooked in a pan, nothing added.

Ricky90

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
300 gram of rump steak, how many kjs and protein grams? they dont have it on calorie king, just seeing what people think roughly. Cooked in a pan, nothing added.

MSP41761a03c2f0d9b5fibc00004ig8dg9d19i9a8c5

Ricky90

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood

Lets try this again:

MSP6261a03g85a32214042000016e38ha3gf1gafg9

39g fat
0.2g carbs
83g protein
707 calories

Oct 16, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dimma's wife
anyone used swole.me ?

you put in your desired calories and it gives you a basic, healthy and easy to eat diet (much easier than my 300g pasta, 500g chicken etc.)

it's not bad

also with ZMA, what does it do exactly? i heard it increases libido, makes your sleep more consistent and gives a slight appetite bump? can anybody please elaborate and or confirm?

Ricky90

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
anyone used swole.me ?

you put in your desired calories and it gives you a basic, healthy and easy to eat diet (much easier than my 300g pasta, 500g chicken etc.)

it's not bad

also with ZMA, what does it do exactly? i heard it increases libido, makes your sleep more consistent and gives a slight appetite bump? can anybody please elaborate and or confirm?
Those things plus it's somewhat of a GH increasing agent.

I only take ZMA the night of (and the night following) a brutal leg workout. Really helps in waking up without soreness. You'd be surprised.

Ricky90

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah, anecdotal got me started on it.

It's ridiculously cheap, ZMA inside a multi and packed with good amounts of vitamins, minerals and enzymes.

You can compare them here

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Adam-Superior-Men-s-Multi-120-Tablets/380?at=0

http://www.iherb.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Opti-Men-Nutrient-Optimization-System-180-Tablets/27540?at=0

Ta.

Problem with Opti-Men is that it has so many ingredients that all the doses are tiny. I've actually found the Blackmores multi to be pretty good too!

Yep, It's all about the growth hormone. However it definitely relaxes you before sleep..

Take that an GABA and you can ensure you will be nice a relaxed before bed. I found the quality of sleep to also improve.

Oct 16, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dimma's wife
Bullshit.

Cutler at the 2011 Olympia is the only example I can think of, because he tore a Bicep in the days leading into the event.

jokes on you if you think it's rarely used, the amount they use is just enough to make a difference but not look like a balloon. cutler's bicep is an example of how not to do it

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Hey Pez and others.

I always see people rave about Animal Pak and alot of people that look good take it. How do you rate this? i bet its expensive compared to the rest due to its name mainly.

Also im 68kg, been cutting for sometime and eating well. Start a bulk in about 5-6 weeks - boy i cant wait. But ive been hitting 170-180 grams of protein in the last 3 days and am trying to maintain this, is this enough protein?

Ricky90

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey Pez and others.

I always see people rave about Animal Pak and alot of people that look good take it. How do you rate this? i bet its expensive compared to the rest due to its name mainly.

Also im 68kg, been cutting for sometime and eating well. Start a bulk in about 5-6 weeks - boy i cant wait. But ive been hitting 170-180 grams of protein in the last 3 days and am trying to maintain this, is this enough protein?
Yes. On a cut you would need around 150g (minimum in my opinion) protein - that's just for you though. It equates to 1g per pound of bodyweight (you weigh 150lbs) or 2.2g per kg.

On a bulk get closer to 3g per kg of your GOAL bodyweight. Some people strongly believe that's too much and it'll just get crapped out. Meh, just do it. For carb intake, either do the same as protein (3g per kg) or double that, or somewhere in between. I like to go close to double.

So my macros look like this: 50c:30p:20f

As for Animal Pak - take it if you you're an animal. It's like 11 tablets per Pak. Pretty unnecessary to be honest but other than that it's a super good and comprehensive multi with good doses of everything and is tailored to the bodybuilder. Expensive, yes.

Problem with Opti-Men is that it has so many ingredients that all the doses are tiny.
This is my opinion of ZMA and all of those other "combination packs".

Sure they're jammed full of "the good stuff", but their dosages are so much lower.

I prefer to take zinc, magnesium, vitamin b, fish oil, vitamin d.. all separately. Far more nutrition for the body, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back