Diet, Supplements and Enhancers

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Protein & Other Supplements

Creatine needs to be cycled on and off because of the threat of liver damage. It's pretty hardcore stuff. Some people load it forever and they are fine, others load it for a while and start to feel iffy.

For the record, never have creatine at the same time of any calcium whether that is milk or supplements. As calcium turns Creatine into a waste product which is no good for you!

Creatine should be loaded with about 5g three times a day mixed with juice, water or even a sports drink. After the loading phase, a maintainace dosage of 5-10g per day should tie you over.

Ahh, interesting about the calcium part..I use a protein/creatine powder mixed with milk..is this bad?

Animal Pak is basically a multi-vite with lots of crazy stuff in it. It's very expensive but I cant live without it. Even has maltodextrin, ginseng, bovine growth hormones etc etc. So its pretty serious stuff. A pack has 24 servings, each serving is a bag of like 7 pills. I can swallow them all at once, but they do smell very, very bad.

Why don't you just use HGH with Sustanon 250 and/or Enanthate instead of some dodgy pill with 'bovine growth hormones'?

Yes, and others out there equally as cheap and cheaper. Nobody picked up on my first post in this thread. Not supprised.

Golfers and Bodybuilders are the most gullible people on the planet and this thread proves it.

Your choice if you wanna waste your money on overpriced, overhyped rubbish that does nothing.

I hear what u are saying mate, but like anything in sports etc if it helps with even just a mental edge then i dont see the problem with ppl using supplements, or buying new shoes, or wearing a new t - shirt etc etc... sometimes it just is about that mental edge or confidence that the product brings.

I used to swim competitively and the goggles I wore for racing vs training were different, for me it was just about confidence and something I thought could make me .1% faster than the next person.

no xplod anyone ? its actually pretty good.. but a few months on im starting to think its more mental then anything else.

no xplod anyone ? its actually pretty good.. but a few months on im starting to think its more mental then anything else.

Possibly not mental.

I thought it was mental for a bit but with 2 weeks of not using creatine or protein I actually noticed the difference.

Nitric oxide is a vaso-dialator meaning it opens up the blood vessels allowing more oxygen to the muscle fibres. Like many of these things you develop a tolerance to it.

I tried it about 3 years ago and the first couple of weeks it was like being on speed. I was waiting for a mate to go training and I was sitting there bouncing and talking fast to everyone. Freaky stuff. It soon wore off though. Very expensive as well.

Have to laugh when people combine it with caffeine for that "extra kick". Righty ho.

Not knocking supplements. Just the over-priced ones and the over hyped ones that don't work.

Nothing wrong with that statement.
There are too many that both taste like crap and don't help you at all and are at a price where you're paying that much, you could have a bentleigh in your driveway after that year.

Yes, and others out there equally as cheap and cheaper. Nobody picked up on my first post in this thread. Not supprised.

Golfers and Bodybuilders are the most gullible people on the planet and this thread proves it.

Your choice if you wanna waste your money on overpriced, overhyped rubbish that does nothing.

One of the reasons I've left the commercial gym industry is management would bring in these supplement sales people and expect us to pass on these things to our clients. I argued relentlessly against it as I refused to supply things that are a rip off.

I've often thought I should've just done it because people on the gym floor are generally stupid and will lap anything up, but my major concern is that people will find out one day. I now know there's no danger of that. They'll beleive with religious fervour people who are selling high priced rubbish because of slick marketing, but someone who is selling nothing is dismissed as a crackpot. Ironic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm agree Clint.

About a year ago I was working out pretty intensly and using protein shakes. It went pretty well and the shakes really helped with making me feel okay after a workout.

After about 3 months of working out like that I lost motivation and stopped.

Recently though I've started working out again but without the shakes. It seems to me that protein shakes were really helpful for avoiding that tired feeling after a session but the extra muscle growth you get using them is minimal, even though it is noticable.

It certainly isn't worth the price however.

Dont be an A-grade moron! ;)

I wonder if cows go to gyms anyway. Suppose there's a market for everything.

belgianblue.jpg

Ahh, interesting about the calcium part..I use a protein/creatine powder mixed with milk..is this bad?

Sure is. Never mix your creatine with a protein shake, some protein shakes claim to have creatine in them, however as I said before...calcium turns creatine into a waste product.

You should be taking creatine on an empty stomach, which i find is hard or near impossible when your dieting whether for cutting or bulking. Basically, I would just suggest you have creatine anytime, as long as its not within a half hour of any calcium products.

Sure is. Never mix your creatine with a protein shake, some protein shakes claim to have creatine in them, however as I said before...calcium turns creatine into a waste product.

You should be taking creatine on an empty stomach, which i find is hard or near impossible when your dieting whether for cutting or bulking. Basically, I would just suggest you have creatine anytime, as long as its not within a half hour of any calcium products.

Took your advice as of Monday.

May I say thankyou very much! Never going to listen to that steroid junky woman in the supplement store again. I'm still using the protein/creatine shake but I'm mixing with water and I'm not getting the weird stomach and the occasional demolition of the toilet.

Took your advice as of Monday.

May I say thankyou very much! Never going to listen to that steroid junky woman in the supplement store again. I'm still using the protein/creatine shake but I'm mixing with water and I'm not getting the weird stomach and the occasional demolition of the toilet.

Good to hear!

And good luck with the training, wreck yourself buddy ;)

Protein and supplements in my opinion when used correctly definately give you an advantage when weight training and even training for sports.

There is tons of literature out there if you bother to do some research.

Often alot of the brand name companies charge you crazy amounts and hide the true dosages under prop blends or underdose alot of ingredients.

The two proteins that should be a staple of your diet is whey (when you wake up, postworkout and during the day) and casein (before bed). I've found ON 100% Whey and ON100% Casein to be the best tasting and reasonably cheap (you can get a 73 serve tub for about $80 online).

In terms of creatine, NO and PWO supps i'm a big fan of Universal Nutrition (Animal series) and Gaspari. UN's Torrent is hands down the best recovery supp out there and i'm a huge fan of Animal Pump. Both of 3g of creatine per serve so you don't need a seperate creatine supplement.

If you looking for something with a little more bang for your buck look into Controlled Labs.

Supplements however should always be structured around a good diet. Eat clean and eat whole foods where possible. Instead of Casein at night you can take cottage cheese and peanut butter. I'm currently eating 7 meals a day with 2 (plus Torrent postworkout) being protein shakes.

For those of you using Hydroxycut - You may consider using iSatori MX Lean System 7

A lot of those thermogenics where just an ECA stack (Ephedra, Caffiene, Asprin), but Ephedra is illegal now so they ramp up the caffiene which isn't anywhere near as effective.

MX-LS7 was never an ECA stack product, and is the only one to actually have a peer reviewed study done.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15723746

http://www.ultimatefatburner.com/isatori-mxls7.html
http://www.ultimatefatburner.com/lean-system-seven.html

I get mine from www.netrition.com when cutting

Also got some NO-Shotgun on the way for bulking. Never had it before - will be interesting.

Someone recommended something like hormone boosters or something?
Need advice on best products, because i'm currently only going by the opinion of 3 people.

and yes i'm sure the people i'm asking for help from know who they are :)

I know guys who chew the stuff by the boatload,doesn't seem to do alot.From where i'm standing at least.

Like i've said before,if you're going to take s**t,you might as well do it right and do a proper cycle of quality juice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back