Diet, Supplements and Enhancers

Remove this Banner Ad

My gaspari hyper amino turned up today so pretty keen to try it tomorrow, meant to give you a pretty good pump.

Out of curiosity what stacks are people running.

Mine currently is

Optimum nutrition whey
Max's creatine
C4
Hyper amino

Apart from WPI, creatine, and High5 4:1, I've never really delved into supps. As a maturing competitive cyclist, I've found that it's been harder to keep on muscle when leaning down so I decided to get into a few more supps over the last 2 months. Gotta say, it has made a diff in keeping muscle while cutting up and performance both.

I'm not into pre-mix from brands. I find there's additional stuff that I don't want in them. I get all my stuff in separate bags from https://www.professionalwhey.com.au/. Everyone knows about bulk nutrients but PW have never let me down. Yeah, separate bags and mixing yourself can be time consuming and take up room, but I prefer them pure. I can then add stevia to take the edge off the bitter taste of BCAA when I don't have it with my High5 4:1

On rising:
5g BCAA
1g Beta Alanine
3g citrulline malate

pre/intra workout
25g High5 4:1 carb/protein mix (50g for cycling workouts)
5g BCAA
3g Beta Alanine
3g citrulline malate
5g glutamine

post workout
30g WPI with maltodextrin
5g BCAA
3g Beta Alanine
3g citrulline malate
5g glutamine
5g creatine

bedtime
5g glutamine

I might be going from zero to ridiculous, but it appears to be working with all the exercise I do. I'll cycle down and give it a break at end of April.

Apart from WPI, creatine, and High5 4:1, I've never really delved into supps. As a maturing competitive cyclist, I've found that it's been harder to keep on muscle when leaning down so I decided to get into a few more supps over the last 2 months. Gotta say, it has made a diff in keeping muscle while cutting up and performance both.

I'm not into pre-mix from brands. I find there's additional stuff that I don't want in them. I get all my stuff in separate bags from https://www.professionalwhey.com.au/. Everyone knows about bulk nutrients but PW have never let me down. Yeah, separate bags and mixing yourself can be time consuming and take up room, but I prefer them pure. I can then add stevia to take the edge off the bitter taste of BCAA when I don't have it with my High5 4:1

On rising:
5g BCAA
1g Beta Alanine
3g citrulline malate

pre/intra workout
25g High5 4:1 carb/protein mix (50g for cycling workouts)
5g BCAA
3g Beta Alanine
3g citrulline malate
5g glutamine

post workout
30g WPI with maltodextrin
5g BCAA
3g Beta Alanine
3g citrulline malate
5g glutamine
5g creatine

bedtime
5g glutamine

I might be going from zero to ridiculous, but it appears to be working with all the exercise I do. I'll cycle down and give it a break at end of April.

Buying loads of supplements can be addictive

Since adding those supps have you found your recovery a lot better allowing you to train more frequently with more intensity?

Yeah thats pretty low especially on your F45 training days.
At 98kgs, Your probably burning anywhere between 250-400 calories during a session as well, so i wouldn't stress on increasing calorie intake on the days you do F45 for more energy, as long as there clean calories it shouldn't affect your weight loss goals.

In regards to clean calories what type of food is that? Is it just no junk food etc ?

In regards to clean calories what type of food is that? Is it just no junk food etc ?

Personally I think the whole clean food is a bit of a wank. And what/who determines what is clean or not. We all agree take away food is garbage. Because you are eating such low calories my advice would be to steer clear of calorie dense foods. Something as simple as substituting zucchini noodles for pasta.

Anybody had any experience with Gut Right?

Personally I think the whole clean food is a bit of a wank. And what/who determines what is clean or not. We all agree take away food is garbage. Because you are eating such low calories my advice would be to steer clear of calorie dense foods. Something as simple as substituting zucchini noodles for pasta.
I get what your saying, and agree with you to an extent. But i still believe say 250 calories of chicken and veg is more beneficial to weight loss that say a Mars Bar, watching added sugar content in foods etc.

I get what your saying, and agree with you to an extent. But i still believe say 250 calories of chicken and veg is more beneficial to weight loss that say a Mars Bar, watching added sugar content in foods etc.

100% agree, the example you gave is just a given. Diary always seems to be a grey area, but some people will say non organic food isn’t clean.

Interesting I saw a study come out recently where people who follow flexible
Dieting protocols actually got a wider variance of nutrients than clean eaters.

O
100% agree, the example you gave is just a given. Diary always seems to be a grey area, but some people will say non organic food isn’t clean.

Interesting I saw a study come out recently where people who follow flexible
Dieting protocols actually got a wider variance of nutrients than clean eaters.
Oh yeah i 100%, the whole only eat organic foods rubbish does my head in. And while i agree, simply eating less calories will help lose weight, but if the calories your consuming is rubbish then its still not gonna work.
The example i used came up the other day, a client was within there calories and macros so ate a mars bar to make up the remaining calories, i had to argue that whilst within your calories yes, the added sugar is going to hinder your weight loss.

Nearly bought a tub of koala freak today until the girl behind the counter talked me out of it. $90 is ridiculous for pwo
just looking online now for it, and thats for 30 servings.
so your paying $3 for each pre workout, and your buying in bulk.

i don't take any pre workouts, used too though.
how much benefit do you get from them?

i like being pre workout/coffee free but if i can make progress quicker i should probably change

just looking online now for it, and thats for 30 servings.
so your paying $3 for each pre workout, and your buying in bulk.

i don't take any pre workouts, used too though.
how much benefit do you get from them?

i like being pre workout/coffee free but if i can make progress quicker i should probably change
For me i dont think there is great effect physically of pwo and i dont take them religiously,usually for on a months break after finishing a tub, but a good pwo can help create great work outs. Whether its just a placebo or whatever i can notice a difference when using them. Also usually you get the "pump" much easier and harder than usual

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me i dont think there is great effect physically of pwo and i dont take them religiously,usually for on a months break after finishing a tub, but a good pwo can help create great work outs. Whether its just a placebo or whatever i can notice a difference when using them. Also usually you get the "pump" much easier and harder than usual
A few years ago I substituted a black coffee for PWO supps, made no difference.

On weekends I don't even have a post-workout shake, just cook something (generally either a steak or an omlette). Weekdays I do have a shake afterwards as I just want to quickly jump on the bike and get to work (morning gym person).

Buying loads of supplements can be addictive

Since adding those supps have you found your recovery a lot better allowing you to train more frequently with more intensity?

at 42, yes.

prepping for events over the autumn and increasing the volume and then intensity of rides, I found that I lost the dead weight and kept a lot of lean muscle.

i've simplified the regimen since that post. i'll still have BCAAs, carbs, Beta alanine & citrulline malate in my pre/workout mix. post i'll have whey with carbs creatine & citrulline & beta alanine

What do other people use like Oxyshread? I use it in the mornings but i feel like my body is becoming resistant to it. As it use to give me a bit of kick to get threw the day it doesn't feel like it does know. Any body got any similar ones people use they can recommend ?

Can anyone recommend a good sleep supplement.

I find phenibut helps.
I'll typically take a moderate dosage every so often as I feel I need it.
You do build up a tolerance though and it's certainly no substitute for addressing lifestyle factors that might be contributing to you feeling the need for a sleep supplement.

What do other people use like Oxyshread? I use it in the mornings but i feel like my body is becoming resistant to it. As it use to give me a bit of kick to get threw the day it doesn't feel like it does know. Any body got any similar ones people use they can recommend ?

personally i think those supps (fat burners) are way overrated. If you want to lose weight eat less food, no over the counter supplement will have a great impact of weight loss.

For me a greens drink and green teat get my day off to the start i need.

personally i think those supps (fat burners) are way overrated. If you want to lose weight eat less food, no over the counter supplement will have a great impact of weight loss.

For me a greens drink and green teat get my day off to the start i need.
Yeah your spot on. . The only thing I used oxyshread for when I start early in the morning, I take it for pick up and go. As it got me going in the morning

Remove this Banner Ad

Back