Difficult Dockers - how about * you Vic Centric Media

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Nick Dal Santo is definitely worth a listen to. Very measured and isn't influenced by others opinions. Also have heard him stick up for Freo on more than a couple of occasions.
Yep he’s quality, very good speaker and sensible to boot. I think he has some fondness for us on account of Ross

summerthebat

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2007
Teenage Mountain
AFL Club
Fremantle
I still can’t get over the fury directed at us.

We’re the buyer, they are the seller, we don’t want to buy.

Imagine saying no to a car salesman and then having bystanders abuse you on your way out of the caryard.

Barrett & the Herald Sun will use every defeat next year as a platform to have another crack at us, it will be unwatchable, all forms of AFL print & TV.

A sensible thing to isolate 6% of your audience, but they’ll do it.

Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
I still can’t get over the fury directed at us.

We’re the buyer, they are the seller, we don’t want to buy.

Imagine saying no to a car salesman and then having bystanders abuse you on your way out of the caryard.

Barrett & the Herald Sun will use every defeat next year as a platform to have another crack at us, it will be unwatchable, all forms of AFL print & TV.

A sensible thing to isolate 6% of your audience, but they’ll do it.

To prod the car sale analogy a little further, imagine you were in the market for a second hand Ferrari and the salesman says to you: “Ok full disclosure here, the car I’m showing you is a Ferrari, but it’s been in a few accidents, so there has been some repairs along the way, but hey it’s only five years old, still reaches top speed when you can get it on the road and let’s face it, you have always wanted one. So, I’ll let you have it for a million. Oh also, my boss really wants me to get this one off the lot.” Would you pay a million?

Ok, now what about if there was a zoo right next door where the monkeys (in between throwing s**t at each other) were madly screeching in excitement every time someone mentioned the word Ferrari and seemed to screech more loudly in favour of you coughing up the full million dollars? Would you reconsider the salesman’s starting offer?

For the purposes of this analogy you can assume that the monkeys also eat their own s**t.

Last edited:

88mph

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
GWS turning down 2 first rnd picks for McCarthy is sending a strong message.

Freo turning down 1 first rnd pick for Neale and refusing to give up 2 high firsts for Hogan. Difficult

Yeah, f**k off

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk
What did we do with those two picks in the end?

coldlunch

All Australian
Mar 19, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
i'm really enjoying this trade period, i have to say.
who knows how well it will turn out for us in the end, but i like that we're at least playing our own game.

What did we do with those two picks in the end?
- our 2015 first was traded to GC as part of the Bennell trade, we got pick ~22 (Darcy Tucker)
- our 2016 first was traded to GWS when we got McCarthy, pick 7, pick 34 and pick 72. pick 7 was used on Logue. Pick 34 was the key pick behind getting Joel Hamling, while that same pick indirectly got us Shane Kersten as well and the pick that got us Cox. ultimately we got the pick back from the Suns and used it on Darcy. Pick 72 eventually got us Luke Ryan as well.

tl;dr
We ended up getting Tucker, Logue, Cox, Darcy and Ryan with the picks while Hamling and Kersten got traded in with the picks as well (while giving up our 2017 2nd round pick)

Nolo180

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
Somewhere in time
AFL Club
Fremantle
To prod the car sale analogy a little further, imagine you were in the market for a second hand Ferrari and the salesman says to you: “Ok full disclosure here, the car I’m showing you is a Ferrari, but it’s been in a few accidents, so there has been some repairs along the way, but hey it’s only five years old, still reaches top speed when you can get it on the road and let’s face it, you have always wanted one. So, I’ll let you have it for a million. Oh also, my boss really wants me to get this one off the lot.” Would you pay a million?

Ok, now what about if there was a zoo right next door where the monkeys (in between throwing s**t at each other) were madly screeching in excitement every time someone mentioned the word Ferrari and seemed to screech more loudly in favour of you coughing up the full million dollars? Would you reconsider the salesman’s starting offer?

For the purposes of this analogy you can assume that the monkeys also eat their own s**t.

monkeez.png

Jul 18, 2010
Australia.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth.
To continue the analogy even more.....
The salesman would have added "come on mate....we really need your million because a car yard up on the Gold Coast is willing to sell us a Mercedes, but we need your million to pay for it" :)

Jul 30, 2012
Just behind you...
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Tassie
Anyone can get a gig in the media by the looks... spotted the below on twitter. Cleary, Barrett and Reid...

DpULPJCU8AIZxT4.jpg:large

I am being told, we are being told, what BS. You are being told what someone wants you to hear unless you were in the room.

Much more likely you were up in a tree throwing poo.

The problem for them is a long trade period where nothing happens, so they speculate, listen to rumour or start one and repeat each others BS.

noise36

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
In football like in life, winners are grinners. No one will be talking about this stuff if we have a successful trade period by cob Wednesday.

Back