Digby Morrell to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

benno87

Cancelled
Jun 1, 2003
London
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Posted this on WCE board a week ago, they didn't like it. Mkaes certain sense though, Can't get into Kangaroos side due to Rocca, and when he retires at 2004's end. McIntosh will be coming into the role.

Morrell is from Western Austraalia, and WCE are screaming for a Full Forward. What is he worth? IMO I would love a 2nd ruond pick [WCE finnished 7th, High 20's pick.] Though more realisticly 4th round and some dudd will want to return back to Melbourne.

Originally posted by benno87
Posted this on WCE board a week ago, they didn't like it. Mkaes certain sense though, Can't get into Kangaroos side due to Rocca, and when he retires at 2004's end. McIntosh will be coming into the role.

Morrell is from Western Austraalia, and WCE are screaming for a Full Forward. What is he worth? IMO I would love a 2nd ruond pick [WCE finnished 7th, High 20's pick.] Though more realisticly 4th round and some dudd will want to return back to Melbourne.

Hawthorn gave up a 3rd rounder for Kingsley Hunter so you should get that from WC for Morrell.

three-way.

McKernan and Blake Campbell to the Roos -
Digby Morrell to West Coast -
Dean Cox to Carlton?

Uh, no, wait... Carlton win that by a million miles, don't they?

better give up on this idea benno, the WCE eagles supporters dont like it. but its not up to them who gets recruited to the club so i reckon morrell for say callum chambers would be fair and is likely to be one of those trades that gets done in the last minute.

Much as I like Digby Morrell's name, the fact that he used to play for West Perth and still watches them when he comes back, I don't think he's good enough to cut it at top level AFL football, so I don't want the Eagles to recruit him.

Mcdougall is good enough. He had a good game at FF but then got injured. The FF problem has been solved. It's just that he got injured. He'll be back next season.

not like key defenders are a priority thats for sure. macintosh figured out this season that you cant just throw your walking frame in front of mathew lloyds lead and call yourself a backman. they are in trouble down back, the eagles. id be making extravagent promises to hawthorn and jon hay at the moment if i was them.

Originally posted by year of the roo
better give up on this idea benno, the WCE eagles supporters dont like it. but its not up to them who gets recruited to the club so i reckon morrell for say callum chambers would be fair and is likely to be one of those trades that gets done in the last minute.
Yep, but Chambers is still in contract for a year and expects to play it out with the Eagles, according to radio interviews after West Perth's Prelim win ove.r here

Everyone keeps talking about Jon Hay...but what about Alistair Nicholson from the dees...he'd be a good replacement for McIntosh...Morrison is the one most likely to be given the boot by the eagles, not Chambers.

Originally posted by noogie_da_sheep
Everyone keeps talking about Jon Hay...but what about Alistair Nicholson from the dees...he'd be a good replacement for McIntosh...Morrison is the one most likely to be given the boot by the eagles, not Chambers.

I've been a strong backer of getting big Nicho to the Eagles, I really liked his footy pre knee injury and I reckon it would be worth a punt if the Dees are willing and don't want too much (whether it be a draft pick, or yeah someone like Morrison etc)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morrel won't play for the Eagles. The days are gone where you can trade of your teams discards and try to get something a low draft pick for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back