Toast Dimma 300

Remove this Banner Ad

Greatly underrated coach.

Took over a rabble of a team.

Had nearly 30-years of tragic history to overcome when he took over.

Rebuilt during years of compromised drafts.

Withstood a terrible 2016 to emerge with a dynasty, despite losing a generational defender early in 2019.

Has done it clearly without the support of ‘head office’ or the umpiring department.

Then after all those finals appearances and flags here we are with a team ‘capable’ of contending again despite next to zero top draft picks in a decade.

Not only that, the group of young players we have is as good as I’ve seen, and that includes 2009-2012. So even if we don’t salute in the next few years, the future is really bright.

Well done Dimma !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thank you Dimma for the joy you have given us, the Tiger Army.

And to Gary March who set the ball rolling,Peggy,Benny and Balmey.

We have been blessed.

I can die tomorrow in peace.

#EatEmAlive

#envyofthenation

Never in my lifetime did I think I'd see a premiership, let alone three.

An absolute legend who I'm thankful the club stick with after 2016.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardwick is so under-rated based on what he has achieved. If someone like Nafan or Chris Scott had walked into a basket case club with debts, limited facilities, 2 finals wins in 28 years, who had been recruiting out of a 1 man recruiting department until the previous year.....and turned that team rapidly into first a competitive outfit, then a consistent winning outfit, then a Premiership outfit, and finally a dynasty team.....the media would be falling over themselves to declare the greatest coach of all time etc. It would be unbearable. The media doesn't go out of their way to praise Hardwick. And something tells me Dimma loves that.

I watched some games from the UK early in 2010, and we were getting well beaten, and I said to my mate who was also watching, this bloke can coach. He asked me why I thought that. I said because you can see a pattern in the team's play that all players are following with purpose, and it is enjoyable to watch, despite the losses and margins. There have been very few times in the last 13 and a bit years where you watched a Richmond team play and thought they didn't seem to know what they were doing. And wherever it happened, it was quickly corrected.

But where he has separated himself from his contemporary coaches of course is in finals. Richmond have played finals in 8 of his 13 completed seasons as coach. 5 of those 8 the club did not have a winning finals campaign. Ie the club did not win more finals than it lost. The 3 campaigns where the club did win more finals than it lost....Premiership, Premiership, Premiership.

You give Dimma the right ammunition, he nails the target every time. Some fantastic people have contributed to our recent successes, but none moreso than Hardwick. Terrific achievement Damien. :hearteyes:

Legend

c3497d2675c155fbb45f58e21cd5db07

Remove this Banner Ad

Back