Rumour Dimma (& Dusty?) heading to the Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

So dimma wins 3 flags,sees an aging team and is burnt out[didnt want to rebuild] and wow hes keen to coach a young list with talented players.
Done the dirty on his wife with a younger lady and i think that just about sums up the type of guy he is.
Oh and him and dew are meant to be mates.

Richmond went downhill once Hardwick's affair became public :(

I don’t have a problem with him leaving to take the job but the lie and bs is what annoys me, he could have quite easily just said I’m leaving to take a break before taking a new job next year, this will also help Richmond have time to find a replacement etc

Suns could give the tigers their first round pick this year for Dusty and some shrapnel to match their academy players.

Getting pick 4 for Dusty at this stage in his career is decent value for the tigers if they want it.
Wow - decent value for the Tigers?? That would be an absolute mugging. Pick four for a 32 year old in decline? He has "one season too long" for next year written all over him. I hope you are taking the piss.

If Martin leaves Richmond he will likely go for a token 3rd or 4th round pick - Unless he is a free agent and the AFL want to thank Richmond for agreeing to let Hardwick take a break before moving to the Gold Coast. In that case a deal was probable done for a high pick back in May when Hardwick agreed to move there.

Heard it was done in January
Not sure when it was decided, but heard from someone that knows that the contract was signed 6 weeks ago - fessed up after too many drinks. The GC charade trip to Europe was just for show to make the Richmond fans and the GC fans that like Stewart Dew feel like they were not betrayed. Much smoother transition with the fake trip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow - decent value for the Tigers?? That would be an absolute mugging. Pick four for a 32 year old in decline? He has "one season too long" for next year written all over him. I hope you are taking the piss.

If Martin leaves Richmond he will likely go for a token 3rd or 4th round pick - Unless he is a free agent and the AFL want to thank Richmond for agreeing to let Hardwick take a break before moving to the Gold Coast. In that case a deal was probable done for a high pick back in May when Hardwick agreed to move there.
Gold Coast have 2 academy players in the top 10 and will have to trade that pick. The pick is worth about 2000 draft points

Dusty is a name that Gold Coast want to use to sell tickets/merch, and he’s under contract at Richmond. To them he’s a club legend and they need to be incentivised to trade him.

So if Richmond get pick 4 for Dusty their fans will understand and they get a new player to help them sell tickets.

If Gold Coast get back a 2nd this year and 2 3rds (this and next season) that’s close to equivalent points and spaced over the 2 years seems fairly even for both teams

Gold Coast have 2 academy players in the top 10 and will have to trade that pick. The pick is worth about 2000 draft points

Dusty is a name that Gold Coast want to use to sell tickets/merch, and he’s under contract at Richmond. To them he’s a club legend and they need to be incentivised to trade him.

So if Richmond get pick 4 for Dusty their fans will understand and they get a new player to help them sell tickets.

If Gold Coast get back a 2nd this year and 2 3rds (this and next season) that’s close to equivalent points and spaced over the 2 years seems fairly even for both teams
Its not close to even. Dusty is on massive money and has played 288 games. He will be available for bugger all if he says he wants to leave.

Tigers could then get much better value for pick 4 than 2 seconds and a third.

Pick 4 for a player that turns 33 next year.
Never going to happen.

If Gold Coast trade pick 4 for 32 year old Dustin Martin, people will loose their jobs.

Pick four will get a very good player in his prime. You don't trade it for someone who might go around for one last year. Melbourne traded pick 6 for 26 year old Steven May.

If Martin leaves Richmond it's because he is way past his best and wants to leave for either a last payday or to do something different. Tigers are starting a rebuild. The fans will understand and wish him well. That's where token late round picks come in - not pick four.

Martin is not going to sell tickets on the Gold Coast. He's almost cooked - it's not like going to see prime Franklin or Lockett. Gold Coast have tried the big name recruits to sell ticks and it doesn't work there like it does in Sydney.
AFL fans on the GC are more likely to go and watch Noah Anderson next year - he's a jet and improving.

Seriously one of the most unlikely/silliest suggestions I've seen.

Pick 4 for a player that turns 33 next year.
Never going to happen.
We've seen dumber things happen but yeah, we're not getting pick 4 for Dusty.

As much as I'd love him to play 300 games for the tigers, good luck to him if he wants to go. He's always been one of those out of the limelight players and on the GC no one will know who he is.

With Cotch, Jack and Dimma gone he probably feels like he has nothing to stay for and he owes the Tigers nothing.

If Gold Coast trade pick 4 for 32 year old Dustin Martin, people will loose their jobs.

Pick four will get a very good player in his prime. You don't trade it for someone who might go around for one last year. Melbourne traded pick 6 for 26 year old Steven May.

If Martin leaves Richmond it's because he is way past his best and wants to leave for either a last payday or to do something different. Tigers are starting a rebuild. The fans will understand and wish him well. That's where token late round picks come in - not pick four.

Martin is not going to sell tickets on the Gold Coast. He's almost cooked - it's not like going to see prime Franklin or Lockett. Gold Coast have tried the big name recruits to sell ticks and it doesn't work there like it does in Sydney.
AFL fans on the GC are more likely to go and watch Noah Anderson next year - he's a jet and improving.

Seriously one of the most unlikely/silliest suggestions I've seen.
First of all I don't think Martin will go there. If he does pick 4 for one of the greats for 3 years is definately fair.
Pick 4 of recent years has included L.McDonald, Ash and Ainsworth.
Martin would help GC keep and attract players and he would help them if he made finals.It would also increase match attendances and the club's profile.
GC have had heaps of top ten draft picks in the last 5 years as well.

First of all I don't think Martin will go there. If he does pick 4 for one of the greats for 3 years is definately fair.
Pick 4 of recent years has included L.McDonald, Ash and Ainsworth.
Martin would help GC keep and attract players and he would help them if he made finals.It would also increase match attendances and the club's profile.
GC have had heaps of top ten draft picks in the last 5 years as well.

Thinking that Richmond can trade Martin for pick four as some sort of career achievement award is a new level for Bigfooty nuffie.

Thinking that Richmond can trade Martin for pick four as some sort of career achievement award is a new level for Bigfooty nuffie.
You have no idea.
He won't go anyway. I wouldn't trade him for pick 4 anyway. He is the ultimate grand final performer and wins flags for your club.
I think you're the nuffie on this one mate.

You have no idea.
He won't go anyway. I wouldn't trade him for pick 4 anyway. He is the ultimate grand final performer and wins flags for your club.
I think you're the nuffie on this one mate.
How many more grand finals do you expect him to play in at Richmond? Actually - how many games anywhere? It will be less than 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back