DIMMA!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

camiam

All Australian
Jul 2, 2010
Niddrie
AFL Club
Richmond
A god send he is! This is defiantly an appreciation thread. He has brought this club from tears to glory. The most well spoken and derived coach I have seen at Richmond in years. He is a genius and deserves the highest amount of appreciation. We are bringing the roar home in 2014

A mate who barracks for Collingwood:
"A coach should be either liked, or feared.
Damien Hardwick has both.
Nathan Buckley has neither."

Let's enjoy the next few years. We know we've still got work to do, but this is our best chance at a premiership in over 30 years. Really really exciting times ahead and I'm proud to be part of this amazing club.
I have been thru the 95' and 01' team rises and I can honestly say our team and coaching staff are miles ahead of those teams. We have done the hard yards over the years but finally we go into a season with a little bit of expectation that is warranted.

I have been thru the 95' and 01' team rises and I can honestly say our team and coaching staff are miles ahead of those teams. We have done the hard yards over the years but finally we go into a season with a little bit of expectation that is warranted.

Agreed. It was more flash in the pan those years. Lucky years I guess you could call them given that the year before and after '95 and '01 we were back out of finals. It is more planned and sustained this time round.

It would have been interesting though had Northey continued from '95. He had the players playing out of their skins for him.

The first time in my memory where we have 25-28 players (ignoring injuries) vying for a spot. I seriously think our 25-30th best players now are ahead of our 17th-22nd best players from 5-10 years ago. This is the big improvement(that correlates with Dimmas and the chief's arrival) and what will take us deep into Sept. our recruitment and development ( and off field unity and common purpose) has improved out of sight!!

Our time is approaching.
Go Tiges!!

Here's the voice of reason speaking right now.

While I agree we are in the best position we have ever been, most of this can be attributed to ceo Benny Gale's planning.

There has never been more money poured into facilities, recruiting, development and coaching by RFC. Hardwick has been given everything on a platter, all the resources in the world, and also plenty of patience and time. Thankfully, last year it all came to fruitition.

As for Hardwick, his pass mark this year is to make finals again, and then win a final. If we can't, then the years been a failure. Hopefully we can do it.

My concern is that Dimma may not be up to the standard on match day. The club is positioned for a crack at the big time. We'll see if Dimma can deliver. He hasn't cut the mustard in big games, when the pressure is on thus far.

. I seriously think our 25-30th best players now are ahead of our 17th-22nd best players from 5-10 years ago. Go Tiges!!
Being abit generous there brother.Players 25-30 would be in our top 10 5 yrs ago..lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My concern is that Dimma may not be up to the standard on match day. The club is positioned for a crack at the big time. We'll see if Dimma can deliver. He hasn't cut the mustard in big games, when the pressure is on thus far.
Consistantly beating the Grand finalists the past few years surely must count for something.
There are 3 sides in the comp that Dimma and the team have issues with.Ironically 2 of them are our biggest rivals,Collingwood and Carlton,While the other Geelong has been the club of the past 10yrs.Dimma needs to find a way to get over those Hills.

Damian Hardwick, Brendan Gale and Trent Cotchin are the holy trinity- the best thing to happen to the club in 20 Years.

Gale finally brings brains to the office and is making smart decisions.

Cotchin brings elite skills and a professionalism that the rest of the league embraced in the late 90s/Early 00s that Richmond missed entirely.

And Hardwick brings the discipline and motivational skills that we haven't had in a long time. We have had one or the other, but not both.

I do agree that his situational and match day coaching needs some work, but that was Terry Wallace's 'main skill' with career defining games of coaching brilliance (Dogs vs Bombers 2000, Cellar Dwellar Richmond beating top ranked Adelaide in 'Basketball Crap' game) and look where that got him.

Tactics can be taught, character can not. That is why he will take our club to places it hasn't been for decades.

Damian Hardwick, Brendan Gale and Trent Cotchin are the holy trinity- the best thing to happen to the club in 20 Years.

Gale finally brings brains to the office and is making smart decisions.

Cotchin brings elite skills and a professionalism that the rest of the league embraced in the late 90s/Early 00s that Richmond missed entirely.

And Hardwick brings the discipline and motivational skills that we haven't had in a long time. We have had one or the other, but not both.

I do agree that his situational and match day coaching needs some work, but that was Terry Wallace's 'main skill' with career defining games of coaching brilliance (Dogs vs Bombers 2000, Cellar Dwellar Richmond beating top ranked Adelaide in 'Basketball Crap' game) and look where that got him.

Tactics can be taught, character can not. That is why he will take our club to places it hasn't been for decades.

Gary March as well.
He got the ball rolling.

Now we have Peggy O'Neal as pres.

RFC doing everything right off field and going by our recruiting,Francis Jackson and co,we are doing everything right onfield.

The only thing in our way is luck which you need I reckon to win a flag but we can make alot of luck with this list and by going 110 percent!

Cmon Tigers!

Consistantly beating the Grand finalists the past few years surely must count for something.
There are 3 sides in the comp that Dimma and the team have issues with.Ironically 2 of them are our biggest rivals,Collingwood and Carlton,While the other Geelong has been the club of the past 10yrs.Dimma needs to find a way to get over those Hills.
I can't agree with you on this. I am talking about close games and games like the elimination final where Dimma as a coach has not been able to halt a slide. Like the team he is progressing, however, it has proven to be his biggest failing. Losses to Carlton when 5 plus goals up are inexcusable. He constantly talks about the players failings under pressure but must look at his own. The loss to Freo in Perth was Dimmas fault, he should have had 16 men in defence once we hit the front with 2 min to go. Yes the players were not smart enough, however, he should have had the runner out getting everyone back. Another game thrown away. There are other games we have lost that needed a better coaching performance.

I can't agree with you on this. I am talking about close games and games like the elimination final where Dimma as a coach has not been able to halt a slide. Like the team he is progressing, however, it has proven to be his biggest failing. Losses to Carlton when 5 plus goals up are inexcusable. He constantly talks about the players failings under pressure but must look at his own. The loss to Freo in Perth was Dimmas fault, he should have had 16 men in defence once we hit the front with 2 min to go. Yes the players were not smart enough, however, he should have had the runner out getting everyone back. Another game thrown away. There are other games we have lost that needed a better coaching performance.

We lost our reserves when Conca went down.
Big loss he was.

And it gave us one less fresh player on the bench and Malthouse probably used that as ammo to get his players fired up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back