News Dion Prestia Has Nominated Richmond As Club Of Choice

Remove this Banner Ad

Dijon in the mustard and charcoal- jake niall has been going with this since may but it may not happen/

Like I said it is not up to him. What if they want two first round picks i.e Treloar? What if no one is prepared to pay that?

Prestia has the box seat. He gets to Melbourne no matter what. And I think he's not worth two first rounders either. If the club paid that for him I'd spew
Who has stated he is worth 2 first rounders? GC was talking about Omeara, not Prestia.

Who has stated he is worth 2 first rounders? GC was talking about Omeara, not Prestia.

It was a hypothetical. Which is why I said "what if". And in any case the pies set a precedent with the Treloar deal. GCs starting point will be no doubt more than a 1st round pick for Prestia.

"The Suns have been firm in their stand on players wanting out and will demand a high price for Prestia and O’Meara during October’s AFL Trade Period.

Richmond is understood to be in pole position to snare the star midfielder but Melbourne has also been mooted as a possible destination."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...a/news-story/564db812eb0f24d39d6713e1dc2ef376
LOL, Collingwood were mooted as a possible destination for Danger this time last year as well despite everyone knowing he was Cats bound only, just media trying to rustle feathers, create interest and generate clicks, not as newsworthy if only reporting Richmond is home and hosed.

Dion is all class, his statement was excellent and I am bemused that some people think he picked The Demons, it is clear he means HOME as in the city of Melbourne. You will get your man and he's a ripper

Exactly. It would be a bit rude to the Suns supporters to say goodbye & nominate his preferred new club to them.

Dion is all class, his statement was excellent and I am bemused that some people think he picked The Demons, it is clear he means HOME as in the city of Melbourne. You will get your man and he's a ripper

The statement he put out shows me exactly why he was considered a leader at Gold Coast.
Class on and off the field.

It was a hypothetical. Which is why I said "what if". And in any case the pies set a precedent with the Treloar deal. GCs starting point will be no doubt more than a 1st round pick for Prestia.
Honestly your first pick will get the deal done, straight swap, nice and easy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly your first pick will get the deal done, straight swap, nice and easy

Pick 6 is overs for a guy that averages 14 games a season. He's worth something in the 10-18 range IMO. If we can somehow trade into the first round in that range it would be fair trade for Prestia.

No because it is impossible.
Are you serious about the second part? We have been linked to Steele for 2 years as well wanting to draft him and it has been rumoured incessantly that we are after a ruckman. Troll or not?

Not trolling majak was linked at some stage of the year with it evident maric was cooked and soldo not yet ready plus rumors flying that griff, vickery or both could be gone a second ruckman would be needed. Would have been here say of course.

Why can't we trade next years pick 1? We haven't traded a first round yet

I also think it would be a smart move to trade our next years pick for us and Gold coast. It means we are guaranteed a great player with Pick 6 and they could potentially get a very early pick if we bottom out but otherwise a pick between 8 - 14 which would be just about right for Prestia. If they want a player then someone such as Conca or Edwards and our third round pick would work for me.

I am saying its open for interpretation
But it's not...he's not going to say what club in a farewell letter to the Suns members, clearly stating he wants to go home to Melbourne not a trade to Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back