News Dion Prestia Has Nominated Richmond As Club Of Choice

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't want to trade next years first if Hardwick is coach. Will be an epic fail like his post game jokes.
we need it for Naish & also to be able to get another Player in the 2nd rd as well. trade it & 1st 2 rds give us just Naish in a strong draft with strong KPP talent available.....

The logic of 'let's do a full rebuild' but 'only via the draft' is fundamentally flawed.

If we were to truly go down this path we would trade our most valuable players at their highest value to maximise our yearn in further draft picks.

That would mean trading Jack + Rance at a minimum, because if we are 'so far away' then what the point of having them?

If people truly think that, then what is the point of holding any good players? Dusty included?

You can't just bank high draft picks, plant them, water them and grow a premiership.

He is proven, he is young, and he is a very good player.

What do people think these magical 'building blocks' are made from if not players like that?
Don't entirely disagree but the club needs to know where it's at in relation to the premiership clock. If I didn't love both so much I would trade them as JR and AR are perfect for trade right now. You would get 2 firsts for Alex and 1 maybe 2 for Jack. Honest questions need to be asked and the first one is are these 2 going to be part of a flag at RFC? The answer is no imo so why keep them. I felt the same about Richo when he was in his late 20s. Sorry to shoot bambi.

For years, everyone on this board has complained about our ability to land a genuine top end player at trade time. We finally have one nominate us, and people think we shouldn't take him....
hes too old for our rebuild

For years, everyone on this board has complained about our ability to land a genuine top end player at trade time. We finally have one nominate us, and people think we shouldn't take him....
That's because for the last 3 years we thought we could win the flag. It's now obvious we can't. Understand?

That's because for the last 3 years we thought we could win the flag. It's now obvious we can't. Understand?
If Prestia was 28 I would understand fully. He is 23 with his best football in front of him. He is quality midfielder which we desperately need. If we arent looking at 23 year olds to bolster our list, we may as well trade anyone over 25. Makes no sense.

Is at the perfect age. Would love to see us draft or trade in some more quality young midfielders to develop beneath our current inside crop. I have been disappointed in previous years to our lack of activity during trade period. I'm extremely hopeful that this year it will be different!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back