Traded Dion Prestia [traded to Richmond with pick 24 for pick 6 and 2017 second rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Out of contract and GC yet to put a offer forward to Dion with the plan of waiting to see how his knee held up.
Talks last year that Dees chased hard but Dion waned to honour is contract (good on him too). Will be interesting to see how this one pans out during the year especially with JOM could also potentially leaving the club at the end of the year.

Melbourne have no currency to trade for Prestia. No 1st round pick next year can't trade 2017 1st rounder cause you can't do it in consecutive years. Only players of interest hogan brawshaw and petracca surely off limits.

Melbourne have no currency to trade for Prestia. No 1st round pick next year can't trade 2017 1st rounder cause you can't do it in consecutive years. Only players of interest hogan brawshaw and petracca surely off limits.
Out of contract though. But remember that GC have 2 highly rated academy kids coming in so they will need the points. Perhaps a package of second and third rounders with a good/decent player could make the trade happen

You can trade consecutive years, just have to pick twice in the first round in a 4 year period.

Out of contract though. But remember that GC have 2 highly rated academy kids coming in so they will need the points. Perhaps a package of second and third rounders with a good/decent player could make the trade happen
We already have an extra 1st round (Mel) and 2 extra second round picks (P.A and Rich) this year. So we probably don't need too much more in the way of draft picks for our academy. We need ready made players to slot into the team.

We already have an extra 1st round (Mel) and 2 extra second round picks (P.A and Rich) this year. So we probably don't need too much more in the way of draft picks for our academy. We need ready made players to slot into the team.
Could see some sort of three-way deal happening if he nominates the Dees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could see some sort of three-way deal happening if he nominates the Dees.
If he was to leave and nominate the Demons it could be possible, yes.

On a side note, I am over this rubbish of players only nominating and dealing with one club. But that is another post for another time.

If he was to leave and nominate the Demons it could be possible, yes.

On a side note, I am over this rubbish of players only nominating and dealing with one club. But that is another post for another time.
You and me both.

Collingwood along with JOM. All locked up apparently.
Yeah sure, are Collingwood trading Pendles then? Thats what it'll take for that to happen. Pies shot their load off last year getting Treloar.

We are a club that he could potentially nominate, especially if we keep improving in 2016 but problem is getting the required currency to pass on to the GC. I'm fairly sure we can trade our 2017 1st rounder if we want (I believe over a 4 year period you have to use at least 2 first round picks, so would just mean we have to go to the draft in 2018/2019).

+ Freo's 2016 2nd rounder

Honestly thought it would be Oxley + your 4th, but maybe he is too valuable these days?? Can Keefe and Thomas still be traded? They're local boys.
Sorry but for Keefe we'd want a first rounder coming back the other way in addition to Prestia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back