Traded Dion Prestia [traded to Richmond with pick 24 for pick 6 and 2017 second rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

there's an article on the hun site saying Lennon is expected to head to Gold Coast in a swap for Prestia

Huh, would you look at that. Looks like the actual footy clubs don't underestimate our players like the posters here do. They were all so sure it would be pick 6 and rejected any trades involving players or future picks...

All the Richmond posters have been saying that pick 6 is not on the table for Prestia. So far that is looking to be the case.

Huh, would you look at that. Looks like the actual footy clubs don't underestimate our players like the posters here do. They were all so sure it would be pick 6 and rejected any trades involving players or future picks...

All the Richmond posters have been saying that pick 6 is not on the table for Prestia. So far that is looking to be the case.

Nah, what would we know? None of us know anyone at the club or anything to do with the club. We're just guessing. Wish i knew as much about my club as Port, Suns and Melbourne supporters do :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, what would we know? None of us know anyone at the club or anything to do with the club. We're just guessing. Wish i knew as much about my club as Port, Suns and Melbourne supporters do :(

What on earth are you on about? we are here to discuss trade possibilities/scenarios. This is a discussion board afterall, if you are going to troll then this is not the right board. No one has an actual clue on what the clubs are thinking or doing.

What on earth are you on about? we are here to discuss trade possibilities/scenarios. This is a discussion board afterall, if you are going to troll then this is not the right board. No one has an actual clue on what the clubs are thinking or doing.

Dunno if I'm reading the right stuff then when Richmond posters are clearly and openly baited in the thread and put down with condescending responses throughout the thread.
If you want respect afforded to you, then do it in turn. Same goes for anyone.
And i am telling you, pick six will not be going to the Suns. Take it to the bank.

Dunno if I'm reading the right stuff then when Richmond posters are clearly and openly baited in the thread and put down with condescending responses throughout the thread.
And i am telling you, pick six will not be going to the Suns. Take it to the bank.

Report the bait post then but people are entitled to their opinion, for some prestia is worth to pick 10 for some its 2nd round pick, i dont see what the fuss is all about.

You were just saying you dont know what the clubs are doing and now you claim to know pick 6 is off the table? sauce?

It's kinda disrespectful to chase a player, offer him a heap of cash then flatly declare he isn't worth pick 6 - so not surprising some of the responses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

richobaby said it was in that link but has recently been removed

Heh nice work on just dumping your mate in it given you wrote "there's an article on the hun site", not "a Richmond poster has some image".

Report the bait post then but people are entitled to their opinion, for some prestia is worth to pick 10 for some its 2nd round pick, i dont see what the fuss is all about.

You were just saying you dont know what the clubs are doing and now you claim to know pick 6 is off the table? sauce?

Correct, people are, including Richmond people. I said i wish i knew as much about my club as other club supporters. Big difference.
Sauce is tomato.

It's kinda disrespectful to chase a player, offer him a heap of cash then flatly declare he isn't worth pick 6 - so not surprising some of the responses.

He nominated us. And do you think we were the only club to ask about him?
There will be a trade done which satisfies both parties.
Where it becomes disrespectful is if our offer is a low ball be it pick, player, whatever. Suns may value a player on our list to which they view it as acceptable along with a switch of picks. It's not about pick 6, it's about an acceptable outcome to both parties.

I'll break this up into two posts.

At face value, Prestia is probably worth around what Melbourne paid for Dom Tyson
GREATER Western Sydney has secured pick No.2 in the 2013 NAB AFL Draft, trading midfielder Dom Tyson to Melbourne and swapping later draft picks.

In a deal that unfolded at AFL House on Friday morning, the Demons gave up picks No.2, No.20 and No.72, receiving Tyson and picks No.9 and No.53.
I know it doesn't work this way but I'll use these numbers for discussion:
Pick 2 + Pick 20 + Pick 72 = 2517 + 912 + 19 = 3448
Pick 9 + Pick 53 = 1469 + 233 = 1702
3448 - 1702 = 1746
1746 = Just under Pick 6

Most Richmond supporters aren't really arguing about his worth, we're arguing about the approach best serves our club. As has repeatedly been said, we want to keep Pick 6, in which case the burden for providing an equivalent trade that satisfies the needs of Gold Coast's falls to us. If we can't do that (unlikely as it stands), then 6 would be used.

Gold Coast Supporters: What are the areas of need for your team? Obviously healthy players but if your "core" was available (excluding Prestia/O'Meara) what are your needs?

When I look at 2014 (which is a bit of a better indication) uncontested possessions, effective disposals, marks and hit outs seem the growth areas. Obviously we can't help with HO. You probably need a mid-tall rebounding defender looking at that? Grimes is solid and would meet your needs but you wouldn't want him due to injury risks, worth more to us. Brandon Ellis certainly would help with the UP and is extremely healthy. Ignore this year, our whole team was crap. Ball use and ball marking would fit Lennon to a tee. Fantastic by foot and has very good hands. Had a horrible year with illness and injury but there's an extreme amount of upside. Our other best ball user would be Corey Ellis, not that I want to lose him, but he also has missed games due to injury. Needs to get involved more but he's one of our youngest so that will come. Kamdyn McIntosh is another injured this year but provides run off half back. Again though I wouldn't want to lose him.

It case it wasn't obvious, we had a horrid year with injury to young and developing players, don't judge players off it.

I'm not tossing any of the above up with a specific trade in mind, just discussion.

So people should take it to the bank from a sauce that you just made up.Sounds about right.

So you post about trolling and fairness and respond with this. Well done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back