Traded Dion Prestia [traded to Richmond with pick 24 for pick 6 and 2017 second rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

Face facts bud.

You ain't getting 6.
This is 100% fact.

If you think otherwise you may as well be asking $450 for a set of jousting sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For it to be a fact it would of had to happen, as it hasn't it is speculation, do you see the difference, if you need anymore help let me know

Personally I would like to see you keep it just to watch you * up another top pick and give us Ellis and next years first only for it to be a top 4 pick, delicious

Feels like You're trying to use the points argument from both ends, on one hand you say

bundle a couple of later picks together and as the point equal pick 6 GC should be happy with that,

But you also argue that pick 6 is too valuable to give up for Prestia as its at the pointy end of the draft

We all know that points aren't the same as the elite talent is at the pointy end of the draft

I tell you what I will give you 2 second rounders for pick 6 in fact I will ensure you get 10% more points than 6 is worth, by that logic that's a clear tigers win, but I won't hold my breath waiting for you to take me up on it as you won't be happy so why would you expect the GC fans to be when you propose the same to them?
I'll try respond to your points:
  1. You're being deliberately obtuse here.
  2. I didn't say Pick 6 is too valuable. I said, and have always said, our club needs to maintain Pick 6 for our own needs. Our needs are not Gold Coast's needs, that should be obvious.
  3. It's not always about elite talent nor does a top pick guarantee elite talent, everyone seems quick to throw that one at us. Draft depth and club needs are also a factor. Your club already has a lot of elite talent, what you don't have is fit players that want to play for Gold Coast. If you could obtain two decent players that complement your playing group really well and want to stick around compared to one high risk player then you still end up in front.
  4. I didn't propose anything. My points commentary removed all external factors and actually supported your position that you want pick 6. I don't know why you are arguing against this. All I can actually see from you is demand for Pick 6 without any level of discussion about other options that may benefit Gold Coast. Are you here to discuss or sook?

Look back at the last 20 pages full of obtuse self serving rhetoric from all sides, that's the fun of BF

Thanks for the reply, one issue however I'm not "demanding" pick 6, you seem to have me confused with someone else.

What I have said is I'm not interested in the pooling of crap players or picks as compensation for Prestia, I much like yourself want the best outcome of my club.
Except you weren't questioning the past 20 pages, you were questioning me.

If you're not bringing anything else to the party, aren't they the same thing?

At least this is closer to actual discussion. I asked this question ages ago, what does Gold Coast need?

Be interesting to see which deal gets done first.
Prestia or JOM, I think one will determine the other.
I personally think the Tigers will part with 6 as they know they are getting a gun and won't have to worry about the lottery of the draft. As a Hawks supporter, pick 6 is a curse for us.

Just curios, has someone in an official capacity from the RFC stated they are not willing to trade pick 6?

Or is this just what the tiges fans are saying?

I am still unsure if I like Prestia that much as it is

I expect this trade will be done nice & early. And I suspect it has already be agreed. Dion & his manager Marty have treated both clubs extremely well, been upfront with expectations of the trade and given them plenty of time to work through things.

Now we just wait for the media leak that the deal is for pick 6 or alternatively for a couple of mature players instead. I'm still not sure which way the Suns will go on this one.

I have heard an Ellis/Edwards combo was being offered but the Suns may prefer on taking pick 6 and on trading it for a higher quality player.

Depends on which other mature players the Suns have confirmed. Ie. No need for Edwards if Breust is coming, etc.

Not long to find out which way it is going.

I am not sure we would be giving up more than Ellis if he is part of the package, he is of the similar age has played more games, is an elite runner and would compliment any team that already has good inside midfielders, Tigers don't have those. Ellis has been injury free whilst Prestia is regularly injured each of the last few seasons too

Is it school holidays?

Here's a new fun game that I'm going to start to play. If you post like a child, you will be banned. If you reply to a post like a child, you will be banned. If you mash the report button and reply like a child, your infraction points will be doubled. Think before you post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you offer a 5 year contract at around $3.5 M then you need to be prepared to pay the price for Prestia. Pick 6 is bare minimum

Have a look over the last 5 years and see which players have been traded for a top 10 pick. Prestia does not even come close to the same value of those players or those deals just don't exist.

The closest comparison is Dom Tyson who was traded for pick 2 but the Dees also got pick 9 in return on that deal.

Just curios, has someone in an official capacity from the RFC stated they are not willing to trade pick 6?

Or is this just what the tiges fans are saying?

I am still unsure if I like Prestia that much as it is

It's media talk from Brett Anderson Barrett etc

Anyone saying that pick 6 will or won't be traded is just giving their opinion.

Pretending it's fact just makes you look stupid.

No, we aren't saying it wont be traded, we are saying it wont be traded for Prestia, it will be used in conjunction with other trades to downgrade picks, or acquire a player/downgrade of picks and then on trade said pick to GCS, we have up to 4-5 first round draft picks on the move from our club alone, list management team would be stupid to straight up hand over pick 6 without seeing what else we get from our other trades.

No, we aren't saying it wont be traded, we are saying it wont be traded for Prestia, it will be used in conjunction with other trades to downgrade picks, or acquire a player/downgrade of picks and then on trade said pick to GCS, we have up to 4-5 first round draft picks on the move from our club alone, list management team would be stupid to straight up hand over pick 6 without seeing what else we get from our other trades.

I don't mind what you say. I was just pointing out that it is an opinion, rather than a fact.

I don't mind what you say. I was just pointing out that it is an opinion, rather than a fact.

Agreed, but like most threads on this board, everything is an opinion, the reason for many Tiger supporters confidence on knowing pick6 wont be traded is that, like many team boards on here, they all have one or two people who actually get some inside information, ours is that pick 6 isn't really on the table for Prestia, and then you tie that up with our past trading history, under the current regime we haven't traded a first round pick, and then we have the knowledge of Vickery, Lennon, Conca all requesting a trade, (Vickery hasn't come out and said it himself but it's well known clubs are after him) with B Ellis name also thrown into the mix and Brett Deledios name on the table as a potential trade, that's 5 first round draft picks, with one absolute A Grader in there, and you'd think the club would be smart enough to test the waters and see what we can get in return before pulling the trigger on pick 6 for Prestia.

Agreed, but like most threads on this board, everything is an opinion, the reason for many Tiger supporters confidence on knowing pick6 wont be traded is that, like many team boards on here, they all have one or two people who actually get some inside information, ours is that pick 6 isn't really on the table for Prestia, and then you tie that up with our past trading history, under the current regime we haven't traded a first round pick, and then we have the knowledge of Vickery, Lennon, Conca all requesting a trade, (Vickery hasn't come out and said it himself but it's well known clubs are after him) with B Ellis name also thrown into the mix and Brett Deledios name on the table as a potential trade, that's 5 first round draft picks, with one absolute A Grader in there, and you'd think the club would be smart enough to test the waters and see what we can get in return before pulling the trigger on pick 6 for Prestia.

I think it's a perfectly reasonable opinion.

As would be the opinion that pick 6 may/will be traded.

It's an interesting trade this one.

Anyone saying that pick 6 will or won't be traded is just giving their opinion.

Pretending it's fact just makes you look stupid.

Nah, I'm pretty sure putting the word "FACT" in all capitals means they're personally in control of the situation and they've guaranteed it's going to/not going to happen.

Not when you are over paying the player. Quite the reverse the pick compo in theory should be less cause RFC are over paying to their needs to be a set=off in theory to rebalance
That is the strangest logic I have ever heard. RFC chase Prestia, RFC offer to pay him big money over multiple years and because of that GCFC should take less to balance things out. Get real

That is the strangest logic I have ever heard. RFC chase Prestia, RFC offer to pay him big money over multiple years and because of that GCFC should take less to balance things out. Get real
Gold coast shouldnt expect 6 as prestia is out of contract. Nominated Richmond. And hasnt played a full year for 3 years. Thats what is devaluing him. Has he been nominated of aa yet? How high up in the bnf has he finished?

The years and dollar figure are incentives to leave. They have very little to do with his trade table worth.

The progression of the Prestia discussion;
Opposition fans: Prestia won't go to a rabble like Richmond, he is too good for them.
Prestia nominates Richmond.
Opposition fans: He is s**t anyway, always injured.
Trade week looms closer
Opposition posters: Prestia is a young gun, Richmond must give up pick 6. Its only fair.

We won't give pick 6 for Prestia, we only will if we are trading back into the top 10 this year.
Future 1st round pick is fair market value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just for the record -

D is playing like a man possessed, are the Tiges after him too..?

Have always rated him, as stated b4 he is 1 of the top 5 players at GC, if you believe he is lower rated then show me who you rate higher.

By the time we get to trade week it will be pick 6, Deledio, Rance and Jack for Prestia.
Pass, not 1 of those are midfielders, so where is the gap filled..?

I'll break this up into two posts.

At face value, Prestia is probably worth around what Melbourne paid for Dom Tyson

I know it doesn't work this way but I'll use these numbers for discussion:
Pick 2 + Pick 20 + Pick 72 = 2517 + 912 + 19 = 3448
Pick 9 + Pick 53 = 1469 + 233 = 1702
3448 - 1702 = 1746
1746 = Just under Pick 6

Most Richmond supporters aren't really arguing about his worth, we're arguing about the approach best serves our club. As has repeatedly been said, we want to keep Pick 6, in which case the burden for providing an equivalent trade that satisfies the needs of Gold Coast's falls to us. If we can't do that (unlikely as it stands), then 6 would be used.
Finally! A voice of reason.

Nah, I'm pretty sure putting the word "FACT" in all capitals means they're personally in control of the situation and they've guaranteed it's going to/not going to happen.

Alledgedly ... :rolleyes: Some people just take this place way toooooooooo seriously. The small minority of us just have a bit of fun .... I dont envy your job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back