Traded Dion Prestia [traded to Richmond with pick 24 for pick 6 and 2017 second rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting to see how well Prestia plays without Ablett there receiving the tag. Prestia is a good player but not sure he is a bona fide star.

North Melbourne trade: andrew swallow to gold coast

Richmond trade: Reece conca, Ben Lennon to North Melbourne
Pick 6 to gold coast

Gold Coast trade: Dion prestia, Brandon matera to Richmond
Pick 21 and 25 to North Melbourne

North Melbourne trade: andrew swallow to gold coast

Richmond trade: Reece conca, Ben Lennon to North Melbourne
Pick 6 to gold coast

Gold Coast trade: Dion prestia, Brandon matera to Richmond
Pick 21 and 25 to North Melbourne
Gonna go the other way now. Swallow sounds keen to get to north and, in particular, Saunders.
Cochrane labelling leaving players disloyal a year after booting Bennell and Dixon is a kamikaze tactic. Likely to see Prestia and jaeger weigh up whether they want to help the club

With prestia/swallow/JOM likely going to rfc/north/hawks, I think coxy149 has the right idea that they need to be looked together.

Reality is they need mids desperately if the lose these three, but some clubs will have less to offer in that regard.

I'm assuming it's 6 from us because I doubt they want our mids. So what at north and hawks would GC peeps realistically accept?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suns leadership group to have another chat to Dion and try to convince him to stay. Would be rather funny if he did
Word is that now JOM has declared he wants out the Suns are putting together a godfather offer to Prestia to change his mind about leaving. Tigers might have to up the $$$ to lure him if that's the case.

Word is that now JOM has declared he wants out the Suns are putting together a godfather offer to Prestia to change his mind about leaving. Tigers might have to up the $$$ to lure him if that's the case.
Surely the Suns have the biggest cap room in the AFL. Worth a try at a big offer. The only reason i have a tiny bit of hope he might stay is the other option is Richmond.

Can't see him changing his mind tbh. But would be a nice change to see some good news for once.
Has he actually made an announcement like JOM? Anything can happen before then if he hasn't. It's much harder to change your mind once you've publicly said you want out.

Has he actually made an announcement like JOM? Anything can happen before then if he hasn't. It's much harder to change your mind once you've publicly said you want out.
Na hasn't officially announced it. That's why I think the leadership group were making one final pitch to him about staying.

I can't see how he isn't worth pick 6. Here are the number 6 picks since 2005

Beau Dowler
Mitch Thorpe
David Myers
Chris Yarran
Gary Rohan
Reece Conca
Chad Wingard
Jackson Macrae
Matt Scharenberg
Caleb Marchbank
Aaron Francis

I think there are maybe two in that list I'd prefer over Prestia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back