News Directors at the AFC... (2019 AGM Voting, with poll)

Who will you vote for the empty board seat at the 2019 AGM

• Dan Kiley

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • Paul Edginton

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Kym Ryder

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • *seek other candidate*

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, Chapman's term expires March 2019.

Along with Richard Fennell & Mark Ricciuto.

It's already been said that Roo will be retained, outside the member elect. Maybe he's taking Richard's spot, or they are adding another seat.

From memory, there was already a spare spot (we can have up to 9 directors and currently have 8), so no one has to stand aside.

I would be surprised to see Richard leave, as this is only his first term.

From memory, there was already a spare spot (we can have up to 9 directors and currently have 8), so no one has to stand aside.

A vacant seat makes more sense then.

I wasn't advocating for Richard to leave; just that his term is up and they are keeping Roo.

Just out of curiosity what do you consider your primary professional strength? And why?

I was thinking between business, law and IT?

If he was the full time board member I’m not surprised.

From AFC website.

Lawyer Kym Ryder has joined the Adelaide Football Club’s Board of Directors after claiming victory in an independently run election.

He was among three candidates vying for one vacancy created by current Board Director Mark Ricciuto transitioning from a Member-elected to Board-appointed position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kym did make a few posts on this thread but I don’t think he is a BF regular (unless he is actually Alex :eek:).

I presume my endorsement got him over the line :rolleyes:.
Personally I voted for Dan. By the same token I'm not unhappy with Kym's appointment. I hope Dan gets the opportunity to put himself forward for election again.

Met 19thDan tonight

I don’t know why he felt the need to take hostages after the result was announced,l.. nah just kidding. For a bloke with a beer in each hand that swears that much, he comes across as an articulate, intelligent young man who would have done well on the board.

Lots of the board came to shake his hand and thank him for running afterwards - I don’t think it’s the last we’ve seen of him. Gee, that makes him sound like some evil puppet master doesn’t it?

Vote 1 Evil Puppetmaster

Met 19thDan tonight

I don’t know why he felt the need to take hostages after the result was announced,l.. nah just kidding. For a bloke with a beer in each hand that swears that much, he comes across as an articulate, intelligent young man who would have done well on the board.

Lots of the board came to shake his hand and thank him for running afterwards - I don’t think it’s the last we’ve seen of him. Gee, that makes him sound like some evil puppet master doesn’t it?

Vote 1 Evil Puppetmaster

The Stockholm Syndrome is working!

Wasn’t my time unfortunately, but thanks everyone on BigFooty for the support and also the constructive discussion

Kym said on CrowCast that he was keen to take member views to the Board, so hit him up if there’s something you think needs to make the agenda

Up the Crowies

The Stockholm Syndrome is working!

Wasn’t my time unfortunately, but thanks everyone on BigFooty for the support and also the constructive discussion

Kym said on CrowCast that he was keen to take member views to the Board, so hit him up if there’s something you think needs to make the agenda

Up the Crowies
Did he say we are supposed to do that?

Yes, he was keen to be representative, it was a specific question we asked all candidates... "How do you plan to be representative of members views etc" or words to that effect.
Sorry I meant how, how do we interact with him?

I’m going to ask him to change the logo
P71n7y.gif

Playing devils advocate as I want a very similar thing to you but who pays for this city move?

Where does the funding come from? Government? Investors? Membership? I don’t know but I do know a membership is becoming very costly.

Add the cost for a new headquarters would be somewhere around the $25 million. Who pays for it?

I want a place where the boys can train, the girls can train and play and the sanfl team can compete as well. Then before and after the AFLW and ANFL game, I can have a meal, a beer or a lemon squash and dissect the game with a few mates before watching the replay over a parmi (or Parma if you must).

I want the feeling of being part of the club, not just a person who watches the team play 12 times a year and the other 353 days not engaged with the team at all.

So, who pays for this move, thats my question?
If we go into the city it would make sense to lease the land and own the buildings etc. if the land already has an oval all the better. Need to get some sympathetic councillors into the ACC to smooth the way. Then offer free memberships of the AFC country club to the local residents if they get uppety.

Back