News Directors at the AFC... (2019 AGM Voting, with poll)

Who will you vote for the empty board seat at the 2019 AGM

• Dan Kiley

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • Paul Edginton

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Kym Ryder

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • *seek other candidate*

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, this is my first crack at it. Wanted to have a dash at things.

I'm new to the Forum, although I have been a Sharon Stone style voyeur for a while. I liked David Mackay in some of his earlier raunchier stuff.

I'm just a member who wants to see a member's voice represented.

No axe to grind but happy to represent views that are considered.

If I was going to have a handle, is "Jars" taken?

Change your username and real name to Kym Koster and you might have a chance. Who are you up against?

Just letting you know that I'm the other nominee for the crows Board. My name is Kym Ryder. Partner at O'Loughlins Lawyers.

27 year member, who loves going to the footy with his son and his mates.

Want to have a crack at representing the members voices on the Board.

Get your votes in all - I'm up against it!

Cheers

Kym Ryder
Best of luck Kym

An uphill battle, and probably more qualified than half the board already.

Does that include ex-wives, with the special bay in the back rows of level 5 of the Riverbank Stand

giphy.gif
Simpsons gifs on this board should be a 5 like minimum

I am disappoint

Best of luck Kym

An uphill battle, and probably more qualified than half the board already.

Who on the board isn't qualified, do you think?

NOt not qualified, just more qualified
Fair enough. I think for the most part they seem a good mix of backgrounds and skills, but you can always improve.

Yes, he's the head of the "past players committee" something like that. Was originally spearheaded by Fagan I believe. The reason we've got guys like Modra back involved with the club for example.

Then there's an argument he's done a good job. It's been very noticeable for a couple of years that we're getting the wolves back into the fold; Mods is a prime example. He's so marketable and such a hero to lots of people in SA, we'd be stupid not to.

Fair enough. I think for the most part they seem a good mix of backgrounds and skills, but you can always improve.
I’ll expand and likely offend

Ellis brings no experience outside of student, unions and government. Her government links will be valuable but as a board member, she’s lacking. Having said that, I expect her to be Chair when Chappy steps down. She stays.

We have 2 finance banking guys in Hazel and Fennell. We don’t need 2. Hazel is more experienced but I don’t think his age profile is right for the sort of club we strive to be. He’s out. Fennell stays.

Don’t need 2 past players. Roo stays because he’s Roo. Jamo I’m a fan of but doesn’t need to be on the board. Jamo gone

Rest are okay and bring something

We are surprisingly lacking a lawyer on the board. They love this s**t. No one really replaced Winter. “Jars” seems like a good guy. That’s all I need.

Also lacking a media person. Foord sadly has to be replaced.

So:
Out Foord, Hazel and Jamo
In a lawyer and a media tart and someone else (alright, Jamo stays)

I’ll expand and likely offend

Ellis brings no experience outside of student, unions and government. Her government links will be valuable but as a board member, she’s lacking. Having said that, I expect her to be Chair when Chappy steps down. She stays.

We have 2 finance banking guys in Hazel and Fennell. We don’t need 2. Hazel is more experienced but I don’t think his age profile is right for the sort of club we strive to be. He’s out. Fennell stays.

Don’t need 2 past players. Roo stays because he’s Roo. Jamo I’m a fan of but doesn’t need to be on the board. Jamo gone

Rest are okay and bring something

We are surprisingly lacking a lawyer on the board. They love this s**t. No one really replaced Winter. “Jars” seems like a good guy. That’s all I need.

Also lacking a media person. Foord sadly has to be replaced.

So:
Out Foord, Hazel and Jamo
In a lawyer and a media tart and someone else (alright, Jamo stays)

I think you keep anyone who's had reasonable seniority in government. They get things done. It's why all ex pollies go into the private sector or lobbying.

You need folks on other boards. They connect and influence at an executive level that helps you get opportunities.

Yeah, two players and two from finance seems OTT, especially with Chapman's banking background.

I think you keep anyone who's had reasonable seniority in government. They get things done. It's why all ex pollies go into the private sector or lobbying.

You need folks on other boards. They connect and influence at an executive level that helps you get opportunities.

Yeah, two players and two from finance seems OTT, especially with Chapman's banking background.
I'm happy with 2 players if they both have defined and separate roles ie Roo more club management and Jamo for the ex-players etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Hazel and Fennel have an Adelaide bank background. I expect there’s some sort of handover going on

For the media person, we should be in Bruce McAvaney’s ear when he retires from 7.

Yes. I was scratching around for his exact role and just went with generic club football dept rather than ex footballers dept

They've got a reasonably good mix of business and footy people. Say what you like about Roo but he's run businesses for years and that's no small task.

I can't recall the last lawyer on the Board. Sometimes you need sticklers for the rules.

I've been doing the legal game for 20 odd years and have helped run a business, so I can bring a reasonable amount to the table.

It's a tough gig running against an incumbent, but who would not like a chance to have a crack.

I wonder how many on the Board sit in the Esatern stand and have a beer with the punters each game (unless I get the odd free one behind glass).

Time to exercise my rights as a member

My second amendment rights!

Dear deaneus,

You have received this email because you are eligible to vote in the Adelaide Football Club Board of Directors Member Election 2018. Please find below instructions on how to participate.

VOTING PERIOD NOW OPEN

The ballot is now open and voting has commenced. The ballot will be open for 18 days starting today and ending at 5:00PM ACDT on Monday, 26th February 2018.

VOTING INSTRUCTIONS

1. To lodge your vote you will require your Voter Access Code (VAC) and your postcode.

Your Voter Access Code is: 666, the number of the beast

TO VOTE ONLINE

1. Go to: https://netvote.com.au/?vac=666 and follow the instructions.

TO VOTE BY POST

If you do not have Internet access, you can request a Postal Ballot. Please contact the CorpVote Support on 1300 147 797. Applications for a postal ballot will close at 5:00pm ACDT on Wednesday, 14th February 2018.

Completed Postal Ballots must be received by 5:00pm ACDT on Monday, 26th February 2018 or they will not be accepted.

HELP & SUPPORT INFORMATION

For vote support please contact CorpVote on 1300 147 797 or support@corpvote.com.au.

For AFC Member Services please contact membership@afc.com.au or 08 8440 6690.

ELECTION RESULTS

Election results will be announced at the AFC 2018 Annual Members Meeting starting at 6:00pm ACDT on Thursday, 1 March 2018 at the Adelaide Football Club 'The Shed', 105 West Lakes Boulevard, West Lakes, SA 5021.

ELECTION INFORMATION

Following the nomination period for the position for Member Elected Director, Adelaide Football Club Limited (AFC) received TWO (2) nominations for the ONE (1) position available, therefore in accordance with the rules of the AFC an election is required to determine this position.

Your eligibility to vote in this election has been determined in accordance with rules of the AFC.

WHO IS CONDUCTING THE BALLOT PROCESS

CorpVote Pty Ltd is independently conducting this ballot process. We have been appointed by the Adelaide Football Club Limited to protect your privacy and ensure a fair and equitable ballot result. All votes submitted through our system are anonymous and the method by which you cast your vote is secure.

Yours sincerely,
Ken Dyer | Deputy Returning Officer

Support: Telephone 1300 147 797 | Email: support@corpvote.com.au

Back