News Directors at the AFC... (2019 AGM Voting, with poll)

Who will you vote for the empty board seat at the 2019 AGM

• Dan Kiley

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • Paul Edginton

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Kym Ryder

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • *seek other candidate*

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I've known Kym for years through one of my best mates. Really great guy. Smart, friendly and always keen for a chat.

He would be a valuable asset to the club and hope he is elected.

He's experienced in insolvency - we should send him down the road.

I voted Kym

Not that Jamo is doing a bad job, in principle, I think the member elected director shouldn't be someone who has previously been employed by the club or involved in any way apart from as a member.

Valid argument for sure

Just letting you know that I'm the other nominee for the crows Board. My name is Kym Ryder. Partner at O'Loughlins Lawyers.

27 year member, who loves going to the footy with his son and his mates.

Want to have a crack at representing the members voices on the Board.

Get your votes in all - I'm up against it!

Cheers

Kym Ryder

You got my vote. Just submitted.

Good luck Friend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t, I'd happily have a Liberal politician on our board. The more corrupt, the better. ;-)
Cheers All

Love the support.

What are the issues you all see as Members? This is supposed to be your rep.

Let me know. You’re the best focus group I have!

Kym

I’ll expand and likely offend

Ellis brings no experience outside of student, unions and government. Her government links will be valuable but as a board member, she’s lacking. Having said that, I expect her to be Chair when Chappy steps down. She stays.

We have 2 finance banking guys in Hazel and Fennell. We don’t need 2. Hazel is more experienced but I don’t think his age profile is right for the sort of club we strive to be. He’s out. Fennell stays.

Don’t need 2 past players. Roo stays because he’s Roo. Jamo I’m a fan of but doesn’t need to be on the board. Jamo gone

Rest are okay and bring something

We are surprisingly lacking a lawyer on the board. They love this s**t. No one really replaced Winter. “Jars” seems like a good guy. That’s all I need.

Also lacking a media person. Foord sadly has to be replaced.

So:
Out Foord, Hazel and Jamo
In a lawyer and a media tart and someone else (alright, Jamo stays)

Jim McDowell a Lawyer of some sorts he got his Law degree with honours at the University of Warwick (England)
Also, Mark Rucuito will be joining the board as a nomination, leaving a spot open for a Member-elect in 2019
Robert Foord is no Longer with us.

San Dastyari?

He’d have to leave Sydney, but we can show him what a real halal snack pack looks like at the blue & white cafe
He would be more suited to Port with his China connections & is a real slimey piece of work.

Cheers All

Love the support.

What are the issues you all see as Members? This is supposed to be your rep.

Let me know. You’re the best focus group I have!

Kym
to-do-list-300x129.jpg

You obviously think there are issues otherwise you wouldnt run

What do YOU see as the issues that made you stand?

On a serious note, there is a very real conversation to be had about whether there are any see you next tuesdays on that board. You always need a couple.

I think that ticketing keeps getting more expensive and i think Membesr need to know that the Club is doing its utmost to ensure that tickets are manageable for people that want to attend.

I also think that their digital platform is only average and could be improved out of sight.

I think that ticketing keeps getting more expensive and i think Membesr need to know that the Club is doing its utmost to ensure that tickets are manageable for people that want to attend.

I also think that their digital platform is only average and could be improved out of sight.
Just given you my 2 votes.

I'm of the belief the members choice should be more a rank a file member, rather than a past player, so good luck.

Just given you my 2 votes.

I'm of the belief the members choice should be more a rank a file member, rather than a past player, so good luck.
Chapman came out about that earlier last year, they Plan to Make Roo a Nominated Board Member at the end of his member elect tenure as no one runs against him, this will allow for a new member Elect next year.

I imagine the club would strongly disagree with you on the second point.

Back