Dirk OFFICIALLY awarded MVP

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest joke of the year has been awarded... Dirk Nowitki is the 2006-07 NBA MVP.

I honestly believe this is a joke because its obvious Steve Nash is the most valuable player in the league and from what I see his performance this year is greater than that in the two years he won MVP!! For this I draw reference to his shooting this year.

Further to the argument - and I know playoffs are excluded, but they certainly show if the correct decision has been made. Look how the Spurs have been going at Nash in this current series... its obvious they know he is the most valuable player for the Suns... I've never seen a player targeted in this way before (doesnt help he is only a little fella)

Where is Dirk's playoff run? I know its not a team award but he had a team at full strength... they should have been able to ride him thru that series but he isnt a capable player!

My belief is that in the US there is such a backlash regarding making Steve Nash a 3-time MVP... is he worthy? is he in the same class as others who have done that?...etc etc... but its rubbish. All they are voting on is the 2006-07 MVP... Nothing else, at the end of the day it swayed enough votes by the looks of it.

I think Dirk was better last year and winning it this year will be more a reminder in future years like . . .

"Remember when Dirk won MVP??"

"Haha yeah Dallas got knocked out first round by GOlden State after coming first in the season didnt they!?"

This MVP will not be kind to Dirk.

I think Dirk was better last year and winning it this year will be more a reminder in future years like . . .

"Remember when Dirk won MVP??"

"Haha yeah Dallas got knocked out first round by GOlden State after coming first in the season didnt they!?"

This MVP will not be kind to Dirk.

similar to my point. it would seem that the voters are clouded by the fact that they believe Dirk is having a career that is worthy of an MVP so they have voted for him rather than awarding it purely on the performance compared to every other player in 2006-07... nothing else.

Like for an example a player could win mvp in year 1 with a season that is equal to 75/100, because no one else is better... however in year 2 a player may perform say 90/100, but another player peforms 95/100... thats just bad luck for the 90 guy... obviously a fantastic player but his good years were just at the wrong time... he shouldnt be awarded the mvp the next year in hindsight.

Dirk has strangly white teeth. :D

dirk3_300_070515.jpg

hahaha lol @ all de dirk haterz out there!!!!

MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP

you have to be a great player to win this. DIRK = LEGEND

If it keeps you guys happy but I KNOW you'd rather your favourite team play against Dirk than against... this guy....

Mr Nash

Nash.jpg

Give Dirk some credit, the guy had a poor series against GS but he had a fantastic regular season which the MVP was pretty much voted on.

And you say you would rather play against Dirk than Nash?
Maybe so but Dirk has been very good at times in the playoffs, last season against SA, or in the WCF against PHX which included a 50 point game.

Give Dirk some credit, the guy had a poor series against GS but he had a fantastic regular season which the MVP was pretty much voted on.

And you say you would rather play against Dirk than Nash?
Maybe so but Dirk has been very good at times in the playoffs, last season against SA, or in the WCF against PHX which included a 50 point game.

nothing to do with 'this regular season'... that is my exact point.

Dirk deserved it.

people only ever remember the playoffs MVP anyway

Um, are you serious? You do realise that the regular season MVP is clearly the most prestigous and recognizable award in the NBA, don't you?

And yeah, Dirk's win is a massive joke. Puts up numbers that many good power forward can and do, hardly ever has really big games, wins the award for being the best player in the best regular season team that swiftly gets bounced in the 1st round of the business end of the season...:thumbsdown:

Nash deserved this year more than the previous 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But wasn't the MVP votes done before the first round of the playoffs? If so you could see why Dirk did win it.

Can you? please help us all.

We are not suggesting playoffs had any influence. I am suggesting prior seasons, handicaping Nash because of the significance of being a 3-time MVP, and a general perception Dirk could be a MVP had a lot to do with it.

Dirk hasnt lived up to his billing yet his reputation earned him an MVP.

poor poor effort.

The biggest joke of the year has been awarded... Dirk Nowitki is the 2006-07 NBA MVP.

I honestly believe this is a joke because its obvious Steve Nash is the most valuable player in the league and from what I see his performance this year is greater than that in the two years he won MVP!! For this I draw reference to his shooting this year.

Further to the argument - and I know playoffs are excluded, but they certainly show if the correct decision has been made. Look how the Spurs have been going at Nash in this current series... its obvious they know he is the most valuable player for the Suns... I've never seen a player targeted in this way before (doesnt help he is only a little fella)

Where is Dirk's playoff run? I know its not a team award but he had a team at full strength... they should have been able to ride him thru that series but he isnt a capable player!

My belief is that in the US there is such a backlash regarding making Steve Nash a 3-time MVP... is he worthy? is he in the same class as others who have done that?...etc etc... but its rubbish. All they are voting on is the 2006-07 MVP... Nothing else, at the end of the day it swayed enough votes by the looks of it.

For a self proclaimed expert you have no idea...

Answer this trivia question
Who is the only player to win 2 MVP's never to play NBA finals....

Answer is the worst MVP ever.

Nash is a over rated player.

Proof

.....Min.....ppg.....apg....to/g...3pm...ftm...st/g...reb
A....34.0....15.6....11.0.....3.1.....29.....52....1.0....3.3
B....38.6....19.8.....8.6.....3.0.....33....103....1.5....3.0

One of these stat lines are a MVP's the other is Stephon Maruburys.... so who is who.

I also find it funny when people/tools say Nash makes players better, if so then compare how much Amare, Marion have improved since Nash has been there and how much Terry, Harris, Diop, Howard have improved....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back