tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Anyone watching this?

Way better than I expected.

Initially I was thinking it was a tad too corny and more like a lifetime movie, but then I realised that's what the characters are actually like in real life (at least according to the podcast).

Anyone watching this?

Way better than I expected.

Initially I was thinking it was a tad too corny and more like a lifetime movie, but then I realised that's what the characters are actually like in real life (at least according to the podcast).
Wasn't aware it had screened here. Which platform?

the first couple didnt grab me but it is improving. The women in this though, very very hard to like any of them, Bana's character is a scumbag but here I am, cheering him on;)

Just finished it tonight and while I thought some of the portrayals were fantastic, overall I really didn't enjoy it. In the same way, I was pretty compelled by the podcast when we listened to it last year, but didn't really enjoy it. Although I couldn't put my finger on it, watching the show made it much clearer - I just disliked the whole family. They're a bunch of spoiled brats that are incredibly dim-witted.

The most frustrating thing was the grandmother's forgiveness of her son-in-law. I can't remember if it was explicitly mentioned in the show, but her testimony at the trial got everyone to feel remorse for HIM (not her own daughter). He was sentenced to 5 years and only served 3.5 years FOR KILLING HIS WIFE IN COLD BLOOD. That she of all people couldn't see the warning signs was just maddening.

Also, if anyone wants to research a similar story (of sorts) in Australia, look into Michael Bar-Mordecai. Potentially more could come out in the near future too ...

Finished it over the weekend. Loved it - showed a different perspective/portrayal of the story. Bana & Britton were both great.
the acting looked pretty poor on the previews.

I thought the first episode or so were only okay, but really starting enjoying it when it starts to do flashbacks into John's past and his childhood, and it becomes like a horror movie. I thought the first and last episode were only like 6 out of 10. Everything in between was great.

If you are a fan of chopper and eric bana - watch it - some gold acting from bana. His stare to the lawyer when he brings up a post nup is worth it. The final episode was the most disappointing, however overall it was real solid. The blonde chic from Ozark is there too and does well and Connie Britton was good overall.

Worth a watch 7 out of 10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you are a fan of chopper and eric bana - watch it - some gold acting from bana. His stare to the lawyer when he brings up a post nup is worth it. The final episode was the most disappointing, however overall it was real solid. The blonde chic from Ozark is there too and does well and Connie Britton was good overall.

Worth a watch 7 out of 10

yeah the prenup scene is fantastic. Agree on the final episode, especially the bizarre car chase.

Juno was really doing it for me though ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back