Current Disappearance of 3yo William Tyrrell * The foster mother has been recommended for charges of pervert the course of justice & interfere with a corpse

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Criminal charges the former foster parents currently face as at 15 April 2022 include:
  • Apprehended Violence Orders on both (AVOs)
  • Lying to the NSW Crime Commission on former foster mother *Not Guilty
  • Lying to the NSW Crime Commission on former foster father *Not Guilty
  • 2 x charges of assault against a child on former foster mother *Guilty
  • 1 x charge of assault against a child on former foster father
  • Stalking &/or Intimidation on both
  • Dummy bidding real estate fraud *Guilty
TIMELINE

Where's William Tyrrell? - The Ch 10 podcast (under Coroner's subpoena)

Operation Arkstone

Last edited:
Gee, you make it sound like so much fun.

Maybe he just ran away and kept running?
If you think about it, I can't see why WT or his sister would be excited about the trip. Although it was a rural property, there was nothing special for the kids to do there - they took bikes but were only allowed to ride them on the driveway (if at all). There was supposedly a drawer full of toys, but not enough to prevent William and his sister fighting over one particular toy. William even resorted to watching Fireman Sam on FF iPad - no videos or kids DVDs to watch on FGM TV? No playground equipment - not even a swing. Even the dog was dead!
I have mentioned before I have fostered kids this age - not trying to pump up my own tyres but we had a semi-rural house with a fully-equipped playroom with a big stock of toys, dolls, books, Lego, cars and trains, kids DVDs (damn Wiggles!), plus a fenced backyard with a trampoline (with net), sandpit, cubby house, lots of wheel toys, sporting equipment etc. Nothing fancy - just stuff we picked up from garage sales and op shops specifically for foster kids to play with. If we had kids on the weekend, say, for respite care, we would usually take them out, even if only down to the local park. They would never be expected to fall in with our own family activities or routine.

If you think about it, I can't see why WT or his sister would be excited about the trip. Although it was a rural property, there was nothing special for the kids to do there - they took bikes but were only allowed to ride them on the driveway (if at all). There was supposedly a drawer full of toys, but not enough to prevent William and his sister fighting over one particular toy. William even resorted to watching Fireman Sam on FF iPad - no videos or kids DVDs to watch on FGM TV? No playground equipment - not even a swing. Even the dog was dead!
I have mentioned before I have fostered kids this age - not trying to pump up my own tyres but we had a semi-rural house with a fully-equipped playroom with a big stock of toys, dolls, books, Lego, cars and trains, kids DVDs (damn Wiggles!), plus a fenced backyard with a trampoline (with net), sandpit, cubby house, lots of wheel toys, sporting equipment etc. Nothing fancy - just stuff we picked up from garage sales and op shops specifically for foster kids to play with. If we had kids on the weekend, say, for respite care, we would usually take them out, even if only down to the local park. They would never be expected to fall in with our own family activities or routine.

On the other hand, my own childhood visits to my grandparents were not exactly a barrel of laughs. I think it was our least favourite thing to do as kids.

Personal view here. FACS has a lot to answer for this mismatch. I think they liked the idea of parenting but not parenting itself Just my impression. Kids coming from a DV environment need lots of attention and love, high level parenting skill but with solid boundaries and consistency. First time parents in their fifties? Really? Very poor. What a mess......and a child is missing probably dead.

Personal view here. FACS has a lot to answer for this mismatch. I think they liked the idea of parenting but not parenting itself Just my impression. Kids coming from a DV environment need lots of attention and love, high level parenting skill but with solid boundaries and consistency. First time parents in their fifties? Really? Very poor. What a mess......and a child is missing probably dead.
Agree but we need to recognise FACS are under pressure with too many kids needing care and too few available carers. They are forced to cut corners. There's about 200,000 child protective services cases per year and about 50,000 kids in foster care in Australia.

Agree but we need to recognise FACS are under pressure with too many kids needing care and too few available carers. They are forced to cut corners. There's about 200,000 child protective services cases per year and about 50,000 kids in foster care in Australia.
I agree about the enormous stress these people are under. They chose a profession with the best of intentions (imo) only to find themselves & their charges let down by bureaucratic red tape & divisional fat cats, to the point where they give up, crushed & burnt out.
I get really angry about the whole big picture, vicious circle that, as I see it, contributes to the stats you mentioned & to the huge mental health issues, drug addiction,DV, homelessness, juvenile crime ... where is the Gov Policy from either side, on our country’s human focus on our people.

ok, I’ll step off my soapbox & go back to my corner 😟☹️

I agree about the enormous stress these people are under. They chose a profession with the best of intentions (imo) only to find themselves & their charges let down by bureaucratic red tape & divisional fat cats, to the point where they give up, crushed & burnt out.
I get really angry about the whole big picture, vicious circle that, as I see it, contributes to the stats you mentioned & to the huge mental health issues, drug addiction,DV, homelessness, juvenile crime ... where is the Gov Policy from either side, on our country’s human focus on our people.

ok, I’ll step off my soapbox & go back to my corner 😟☹️

I hear you.👍

Whatever way you look at it, the FGM account of timeline is completely at odds with FF account. They can't both be correct.

I do have a problem with the 'pharmacy' alibi.
According to the fosters, the original plan was to go to Kendall on the Friday. FF had a meeting scheduled Friday morning, so the original plan must have been to leave Sydney around 10am when his meeting would be over. The plan changed on Thursday when his schedule opened up, so they decided to pick the kids up from daycare and leave late Thursday afternoon, as a treat for the kids (including McDonalds), and a surprise for FGM - meaning the FF was planning to have his meeting online from Kendall.
If he urgently needed a prescription filled, and knew he was leaving town on Friday morning, why didn't he get his script filled at his usual pharmacy/supplier in Sydney? He could have done that on Thursday afternoon before leaving, or while FM picked up the kids from daycare. But anyhow, he had the forethought to take his prescription with him to Kendall to get it filled up there.
If he had been to Kendall before, did he know the internet was flaky and did he plan to drive to Lakewood to have the meeting? Or was this something he only realised on arrival in Kendall this time?
If he had always planned to drive to Lakewood, then there is no need to ask what time the pharmacy opens - just pick up the script after his meeting on the way home - why make a big deal about what time they open?
And if he hadn't planned the trip to Lakewood, how was he going to get his prescription filled? And how was FGM going to get her newspaper?

Did he perhaps try to get on the internet at Benaroon Drive? FGM probably did not have broadband internet, so he'd possibly tether his phone? Did he perhaps go out on the high balcony to get a stronger phone signal? Maybe he took a chair out there to sit on? (That's what I'd try if the signal was weak).

In the morning the kids were noisy, fighting over a toy etc. Did their noise disrupt FF from what he was doing, so THEN he decided to leave the house for a quieter setting (leaving the chair on the high balcony, even?) The FM allegedly told him "You do you, I'll look after the kids", or words to that effect. But why say this if it was always the plan for him to go to Lakewood? Was there an altercation?

It seems we are given multiple reasons for FF to go to Lakewood - the prescription, the conference call, to get FGM newspaper. But maybe the real reason he left was because of some disruption or altercation? Why would FGM emphasise, "everyone was happy!". Too many reasons given - just pick the ONE reason - all the rest is just story-telling.

Whenever we are overloaded with details about particular events, I tend to think there is story-telling involved: "Scrambled eggs, orange juice, toast" - nobody asked for these details. Maybe there was no "happy breakfast"? But then we never heard anything about the bike riding or viewing the new car?

More details - "He was really keen to get his prescription filled". "He asked me what time the chemist opened". "I was up at 8 so he must have left before then" "(FM) told me he had a work conference which was why he would be gone for a while".

There doesn't seem to be much doubt that FF actually went to the pharmacy - there's a transaction record at 10:19. But I am wondering if he really needed to go there, and whether it was his primary reason for going to Lakewood.
If it's an authority script it may have been the date his research was authorised to be filled? I cannot get certain scipts filled until 28 days have passed.

William Tyrrell's foster father was interrogated about a mystery phone registered in his name which was disconnected just three days before his foster son vanished.

Documents obtained by Daily Mail Australia reveal the foster father, 55, was questioned at length by then-Tyrrell task force commander Gary Jubelin about the mystery phone which was live for nine months before being cut off.

Last edited:

William Tyrrell's foster father was interrogated about a mystery phone registered in his name which was disconnected just three days before his foster son vanished.

Documents obtained by Daily Mail Australia reveal the foster father, 55, was questioned at length by then-Tyrrell task force commander Gary Jubelin about the mystery phone which was live for nine months before being cut off.

If the phone he had was paid for by the company (not by him) then he may not necessarily know that the "mystery phone" could be a sim which is provided for internet access and uses the same data as the phone. I had one and the sim was allocated a different phone number.

If the phone he had was paid for by the company (not by him) then he may not necessarily know that the "mystery phone" could be a sim which is provided for internet access and uses the same data as the phone. I had one and the sim was allocated a different phone number.
True - I have had 'group' phone plans which included an additional 'bonus' data SIM (to be used e.g. in a tablet), and ended up misplacing or never using the data SIM.

But more importantly:
  • Does this phone/SIM and its disconnection have anything to do with William's case, (especially since it was disconnected before William disappeared)?
  • Why is this information only becoming public NOW (after 8 years)?

Surely Police have been able to track where and how and by whom this connected 27 Nov 2013 unused service that was disconnected 9 September 2014, was purchased. To try and rule out the possibility that this service was purchased by someone using his stolen ID without his permission.

I'm still not clear whether this mobile service included a mobile phone as well.
I think its likely that they are only referring to the purchase of a sim card (without a phone).
Because its not the mobile phone handset itself that gets disconnected.
Only mobile services (physical sim cards or e-sims (not available back in 2013/14)) can get disconnected.

Noting that some mobile services (via a physical sim card only), are restricted to data only (data sims) for use in a variety of hardware devices, including wired or portable/battery powered wifi routers, mobile phones, tablets, usb dongles, and sim card slots in laptops.

And sims on plans that cover voice/txt + data can usually also be used in all of the above types of hardware devices.

'At Parramatta in 2016, Mr Jubelin and Detective Senior Constable Louise Currey put more than 60 questions to the foster dad about his phones and the disconnected SIM card.'

'Not unusually, he had had a series of handsets for one number, which he told police that 'each one of these phones is an upgrade of the series, like an iPhone 4 and then you go to an iPhone 5, then a 5S, then the 6, then the 6S'.

Told 'there was also another one, that you had leading up to ... (that was disconnected) before you went to Kendall', the foster father insisted he had only one phone.

Citing his own familiar telephone number, the man said, 'That telephone number I'd had that for almost nine years whilst I was with that company, I never had any other phone.

'Luckily, I hadn't actually had to pay a phone bill for nine years which was great.

The foster dad said he had got a new phone number 'only just now in February' this year.

But the detectives told him that was not the phone they were talking about, but 'the one that was connected on 27//11/13' and disconnected in the second week of September 2014.

To deepen the mystery, the detectives told the foster father that the phone 'didn't show any usage, any call charge records or anything. It didn't have any activations on it but it was a phone that you had and it's had a disconnection'.

The foster father said he had 'no idea. How is that possible? No idea. Doesn't ring any bells.'

Detective: 'You don't believe that it's your phone or you had that phone?'

Foster dad: 'No. 'Cause I would ... I've no need to have any other phone ... 'cause it was all paid for.'

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In this interview, at 5.10 mins Ben Fordham asks Gary Jubelin if he was aware of the FM having access to more than one mobile phone.

Perhaps the new line of thinking is that this additional phone was known to the FM and not the FF.

But the detectives told him that was not the phone they were talking about, but 'the one that was connected on 27//11/13' and disconnected in the second week of September 2014.

To deepen the mystery, the detectives told the foster father that the phone 'didn't show any usage, any call charge records or anything. It didn't have any activations on it but it was a phone that you had and it's had a disconnection'.
Agree with you that in 2014 only a SIM could be 'disconnected', not a phone.

These allegations by police make no sense if they are inferring there was another phone. It doesn't prove the existence of another phone or device.

There may have been another phone but it couldn't have been 'disconnected'.

There may also have been another SIM card with another number, which could be used in any phone or device (belonging to fosters or someone else).

This seems to be a piece of evidence which police have, for reasons known only to themselves, held on to for eight years. Why release it now? If it had some relevance back in 2014, perhaps it should have been released earlier? Maybe somebody found a discarded mobile phone or SIM card in the area?

Releasing it now just hints of desperation - just like releasing the details of the 'two cars' was withheld for over a year, and only released with the hope of 'flushing out' some further information from the public. Perhaps now the police realise that the identities of the fosters are widely known, despite the non-publication orders, and that a witness might come forward and testify to seeing FF or FM with a 'second phone'?

Agree with you that in 2014 only a SIM could be 'disconnected', not a phone.

These allegations by police make no sense if they are inferring there was another phone. It doesn't prove the existence of another phone or device.

There may have been another phone but it couldn't have been 'disconnected'.

There may also have been another SIM card with another number, which could be used in any phone or device (belonging to fosters or someone else).

This seems to be a piece of evidence which police have, for reasons known only to themselves, held on to for eight years. Why release it now? If it had some relevance back in 2014, perhaps it should have been released earlier? Maybe somebody found a discarded mobile phone or SIM card in the area?

Releasing it now just hints of desperation - just like releasing the details of the 'two cars' was withheld for over a year, and only released with the hope of 'flushing out' some further information from the public. Perhaps now the police realise that the identities of the fosters are widely known, despite the non-publication orders, and that a witness might come forward and testify to seeing FF or FM with a 'second phone'?

Maybe they just wanted the brains trust on BF to work it out for them ?

So a sim card that was never used and was cancelled before the child went missing is somehow evidence of something?
Evidence that the Daily Mail is getting provided with previously not publicly disclosed case investigations info.

Evidence that the Daily Mail is getting provided with previously not publicly disclosed case investigations info.
I have concluded someone at the DM has had access to (some or all of) the police brief of evidence.
I suspect that the DM is "drip-feeding" the public snippets from the brief of evidence. This may be to create the illusion of multiple 'exclusives'.
Or, it may be part of a broader agenda.

As the FF is not a POI in William's disappearance, I can't see any reason the police would be deliberately releasing this particular piece of evidence (second device or SIM).

I have concluded someone at the DM has had access to (some or all of) the police brief of evidence.
I suspect that the DM is "drip-feeding" the public snippets from the brief of evidence. This may be to create the illusion of multiple 'exclusives'.

As the FF is not a POI in William's disappearance, I can't see any reason the police would be deliberately releasing this particular piece of evidence (second device or SIM).
With DM being a .co.uk domiciled website and not a .com.au, does that provide for any leeway or releasing info that the Australian mastheads might consider a grey area around non-publications?

I guess what I am trying to say is are police using DM to try to get info out that the legals at other publications are not going near?

With DM being a .co.uk domiciled website and not a .com.au, does that provide for any leeway or releasing info that the Australian mastheads might consider a grey area around non-publications?

I guess what I am trying to say is are police using DM to try to get info out that the legals at other publications are not going near?
Insight PR would know all of this. Could be them. IMO

I'd say that press agencies that have had journalists attend the inquest would have quite a large amount of info that they can't publish yet because of suppression orders. A lot of stories seem to allude to information that can't be expanded on but they know about it.
In today's article in the DM there is a snip of phone information that seems to be from inquest information.

I'd say that press agencies that have had journalists attend the inquest would have quite a large amount of info that they can't publish yet because of suppression orders. A lot of stories seem to allude to information that can't be expanded on but they know about it.
In today's article in the DM there is a snip of phone information that seems to be from inquest information.
So don't the suppression orders apply equally to the DM and other agencies? Why is it only (apparently) the DM reporting this now?

This is weird. If the phone or sim didn't have any activations on it why would you even bother disconnecting it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back