Current Disappearance of 3yo William Tyrrell * The foster mother has been recommended for charges of pervert the course of justice & interfere with a corpse

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Criminal charges the former foster parents currently face as at 15 April 2022 include:
  • Apprehended Violence Orders on both (AVOs)
  • Lying to the NSW Crime Commission on former foster mother *Not Guilty
  • Lying to the NSW Crime Commission on former foster father *Not Guilty
  • 2 x charges of assault against a child on former foster mother *Guilty
  • 1 x charge of assault against a child on former foster father
  • Stalking &/or Intimidation on both
  • Dummy bidding real estate fraud *Guilty
TIMELINE

Where's William Tyrrell? - The Ch 10 podcast (under Coroner's subpoena)

Operation Arkstone

Last edited:
I'm not trying to convince anybody. This is just why I think it's a possibility: it's Ocean Drive at Lakewood not at Laurieton; FF was in a 4WD and he reportedly liked off-roading; and there looks to be a well-established track on the verge alongside the road approaching from Kendall: Google Street View in August 2017 (looking west, the direction he would have approached from) shows the chemist in the background, an apparently short walk through the carpark's boundary hedge plants. Street View in January 2008 shows the verge track was not so well-established, so presumably it grew more prominent over the years through repeated use. MOO

IMO what's unlikely is that FF would say he sat in the carpark if in fact he parked on the verge instead, and if the CCTV at the service station covers the shopping centre entries and exit it should have been possible for police to at least note his absence if he hadn't driven in. On the other hand, if FF did park on the verge instead, and if police did not check the service station CCTV or the cameras did not cover the shopping centre roads, hypothetically it might have been possible for FF to do a quick trip elsewhere between phone call and chemist - an idea floated by NRL Fan - made quicker and easier if he was already sitting on the side of the road and poised for take-off. Nobody is saying he did this; it's a hypothetical scenario, and probably even in theory it doesn't make sense.

The name FF used for the location doesn't particularly matter, IMO, not unless his subconscious choice of an alternative word means something relevant. (If he did go to Lakewood and if he did call it "Morton" instead, does that mean something? Probably not, but maybe.)
You googled.
I have been there.
Read my post again

We know he went to Lakewood because of the cctv and receipt at the chemist. If Morton is a slip up to another destination he travelled, it's not an obvious one and as you suggest, it could be a mis-translation.
Yet he says he went 'near Laurieton' in this actual recording posted by stormbird (at the 4:37 mark). So maybe he thought the Lakewood shops were 'near Laurieton', and related the same in a later interview. When it was transcribed, it became 'Morton' instead of 'near Laurieton'? Possible.

Yet he says he went 'near Laurieton' in this actual recording posted by stormbird (at the 4:37 mark). So maybe he thought the Lakewood shops were 'near Laurieton', and related the same in a later interview. When it was transcribed, it became 'Morton' instead of 'near Laurieton'? Possible.

He clearly says NEAR LAURIETON. Where the "Morton" came from is anyone's guess. What a waste of time.

He clearly says NEAR LAURIETON. Where the "Morton" came from is anyone's guess. What a waste of time.
The podcast may have been based on a different recording than the one in the YouTube. But it seems a bit sloppy to me that it went to air with "Morton".

Of course Morton could be nothing but it's piqued my interest because there actually is a Morton Creek only half an hour away.

If there was no Morton or a Morton hours away I wouldn't be curious.

FF said he was very familiar with the area having gone out on trail bikes, bush walking etc so it's possible he has been to Morton Creek and in describing going to the shops innocently said the wrong town. Or it could be a slip. I guess time will tell.

Of course Morton could be nothing but it's piqued my interest because there actually is a Morton Creek only half an hour away.

If there was no Morton or a Morton hours away I wouldn't be curious.

FF said he was very familiar with the area having gone out on trail bikes, bush walking etc so it's possible he has been to Morton Creek and in describing going to the shops innocently said the wrong town. Or it could be a slip. I guess time will tell.
Did you listen to the actual recording above, post #6,855?

"A former Tasmanian priest who was a person of interest in the William Tyrrell case has been granted bail despite the objection of prosecutors after being charged by police with aggravated sexual touching of a “vulnerable member of the community”.

Derek Nichols, who previously lived a close walk from William’s foster grandmother’s home in Kendall, NSW, was interviewed by police and had his house searched in 2015 in relation to the boy’s disappearance.

Mr Nichols, who was one of the first suspects interviewed by detectives investigating William’s disappearance, was arrested by police at the weekend."

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...e/news-story/aead8757deeddfbbb81a4a1e65cf7f22

I hate that these creeps are out in society.

"A former Tasmanian priest who was a person of interest in the William Tyrrell case has been granted bail despite the objection of prosecutors after being charged by police with aggravated sexual touching of a “vulnerable member of the community”.

Derek Nichols, who previously lived a close walk from William’s foster grandmother’s home in Kendall, NSW, was interviewed by police and had his house searched in 2015 in relation to the boy’s disappearance.

Mr Nichols, who was one of the first suspects interviewed by detectives investigating William’s disappearance, was arrested by police at the weekend."

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...e/news-story/aead8757deeddfbbb81a4a1e65cf7f22

So many creeps in or near Kendall. What is it about this place that attracts so many criminals and deviates?

So many creeps in or near Kendall. What is it about this place that attracts so many criminals and deviates?
Between Kendall Laurieton and North haven there is a multitude of caravan parks that survive on full time occupants.
These holes are generally full of 60yo men.
That's what the area is full of.
Lakewood CPS are a no go area for normal people.
It's nickname is Hollywood and online pictures look good, reality is quite different.

Last edited:
Yes and I've concluded William will be found in Morton Creek.
As I mentioned before, I have a holiday house near Laurieton and spend a fair chunk of my time up there. Plus I drive a big 4x4 and have driven around the fire trails in the area. If the FF was involved and wanted to hide a body, there are many places far closer and better than Morton Ck. Both Middle Brother and North Brother mountain have steep mountain roads and impenetrable bush and you could toss a body over the edge of the mountain roads in certain areas and it would be lost forever. If we can verify the FF used the word "Morton" in one of his statements it might boost the Morton Ck theory, but otherwise that's probably a long shot because there are better places closer and easier to access.

In terms of this discussion on theories, I think it's useful to bring up new ideas and even if we agree they are not possible, it's good to rule them out to help narrow down the list. IMO, I do think it's possible the FF used the 30 minute gap between his zoom meeting and chemist visit, but not highly likely. If he did have WT's body in the trunk, he could have dumped the body up the road towards North Brother lookout or in the Henry Kendall reserve near the river. Both are within 10 mins drive of Lakewood. As it turns out, I usually fill up in the Caltex at Lakewood and I'll check out the cameras when I'm there next. One thing I can add is that you can drive in without being seen on that cctv, because you can avoid going past the servo on the way in, but you need to drive past the servo when you leave.

Between Kendall Laurieton and North haven there is a multitude of caravan parks that survive on full time occupants.
It's nickname is Hollywood and online pictures look good, reality is quite different.
If that's the case, FF, FM and her mother should have been well-acquainted with the nature of the neighbourhood, and FM should not have been so blasé about leaving William unsupervised. The whole of Kendall seems to have been shocked by WT's disappearance and overtly dismayed that such a thing could happen in their community. It seems like this high incidence of paedophilia / sex crimes / deviancy in the community has only come to light since 2014?
There are many other parts of the country with permanent caravan parks / lots of itinerants / lots of older men but these don't seem to have the same share of creeps. Maybe we just don't hear about it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For anybody who can access the article about DN the former POI: does it say what he's been doing or where he's been living since William disappeared? Are there any similarities between William's case and the current one? Thank you.

As I mentioned before, I have a holiday house near Laurieton and spend a fair chunk of my time up there. Plus I drive a big 4x4 and have driven around the fire trails in the area. If the FF was involved and wanted to hide a body, there are many places far closer and better than Morton Ck. Both Middle Brother and North Brother mountain have steep mountain roads and impenetrable bush and you could toss a body over the edge of the mountain roads in certain areas and it would be lost forever. If we can verify the FF used the word "Morton" in one of his statements it might boost the Morton Ck theory, but otherwise that's probably a long shot because there are better places closer and easier to access.

In terms of this discussion on theories, I think it's useful to bring up new ideas and even if we agree they are not possible, it's good to rule them out to help narrow down the list. IMO, I do think it's possible the FF used the 30 minute gap between his zoom meeting and chemist visit, but not highly likely. If he did have WT's body in the trunk, he could have dumped the body up the road towards North Brother lookout or in the Henry Kendall reserve near the river. Both are within 10 mins drive of Lakewood. As it turns out, I usually fill up in the Caltex at Lakewood and I'll check out the cameras when I'm there next. One thing I can add is that you can drive in without being seen on that cctv, because you can avoid going past the servo on the way in, but you need to drive past the servo when you leave.
NRL Fan, what about Kendall State Forest too? Do you know anything about the track (the "fire trail"?) connecting Kendall SF to the end of the bitumen on Benaroon Drive? Satellite views show the gap in the trees has been there for years, so I think if the track had fallen into disrepair and vehicles couldn't use it the forest might have grown over and closed up the gap.

FF bought the newspapers at Kendall General Store in Comboyne St (see quote below*). Hypothetically it might have been possible for FF to drive home via Albert Street, Kendall Forest Road, and along the fire trail into Benaroon Drive near Nos.51 and 52, next door to FGM's.

Maybe it's known that FF drove home via Batar Creek Road, I just don't know of any reports saying so. The quote below says that FF arrived home about 3 minutes after sending the text message, but I wonder whether it's possible the author just assumed this.

*From Searching for Spiderman, 2020, pp.81-82, where pseudonyms are used for the foster family (FF is "Nathan", FGM is "Nancy", and FM is "Anna"):

"From reading transcripts of Nathan's statements, we get a pretty clear chronology of what happened after he left Lakewood. While driving back to Kendall, Nathan made a phone call to a prospect in Sydney. The time was 10.23. He stopped at the roadworks at Kew. Waiting for the woman in the hi-vis vest to turn the red stop sign around, he remembered he'd promised to pick up Nancy's newspapers. He pulled up at the Kendall General Store and approached the woman at the counter.
'I said, "Have you got the papers there for Nancy?" and she handed them to me. I paid four dollars in cash. And it was at that point, I'm pretty sure, I sent Anna a text via Siri saying, "I'll be there in five minutes."' That message was sent at precisely 10.30 am. The time is beyond question. Call log records prove it. Nathan arrived back at the house about three minutes later."

Last edited:
NRL Fan, what about Kendall State Forest too? Do you know anything about the track (the "fire trail"?) connecting Kendall SF to the end of the bitumen on Benaroon Drive? Satellite views show the gap in the trees has been there for years, so I think if the track had fallen into disrepair and vehicles couldn't use it the forest might have grown over and closed up the gap.

FF bought the newspapers at Kendall General Store in Comboyne St (see quote below*). Hypothetically it might have been possible for FF to drive home via Albert Street, Kendall Forest Road, and along the fire trail into Benaroon Drive near Nos.51 and 52, next door to FGM's.

Maybe it's known that FF drove home via Batar Creek Road, I just don't know of any reports saying so. The quote below says that FF arrived home about 3 minutes after sending the text message, but I wonder whether it's possible the author just assumed this.

*From Searching for Spiderman, 2020, pp.81-82, where pseudonyms are used for the foster family (FF is "Nathan", FGM is "Nancy", and FM is "Anna"):

"From reading transcripts of Nathan's statements, we get a pretty clear chronology of what happened after he left Lakewood. While driving back to Kendall, Nathan made a phone call to a prospect in Sydney. The time was 10.23. He stopped at the roadworks at Kew. Waiting for the woman in the hi-vis vest to turn the red stop sign around, he remembered he'd promised to pick up Nancy's newspapers. He pulled up at the Kendall General Store and approached the woman at the counter.
'I said, "Have you got the papers there for Nancy?" and she handed them to me. I paid four dollars in cash. And it was at that point, I'm pretty sure, I sent Anna a text via Siri saying, "I'll be there in five minutes."' That message was sent at precisely 10.30 am. The time is beyond question. Call log records prove it. Nathan arrived back at the house about three minutes later."

I haven't driven down to the end of Benaroon or been on that trail. Looking at the 2010 google picture it seems to be chained off about 50m from the bitumen and you can see a fence or barrier in the bush preventing cars from driving around. The track is also quite narrow and more like a walking track, even back then. Next time I'm up there I'll have a look and take a better picture and post here.

In terms of your theory that the FF drove on the trail, it's difficult to come up with any likely scenario, but anything is possible. If he went to Lakewood deliberately to get seen on the cctv at the Chemist and have a mobile phone and GPS track as an alibi for being away from the house at the time WT went missing, then he wouldn't need to drive back on the firetrail. However, that firetrail does look like a possible escape route for an abduction and it would be interesting to know of its condition in 2014 and also if it was chained off back then. Not sure if that's been posted somewhere here ?

1660049091057.png

I've been visiting that area for years and whilst it's definitely popular for retirees, I think that your comment on the 60yo men in caravan parks is a bit of a stretch. Those parks might have some permanent residents, including young people on welfare, but they are definitely mainly used for holiday purposes. Kendall is a very sleepy town away from the beaches and holiday areas with many older people and is not an area where you would expect this type of crime and aside from WT no young child has vanished up there to my knowledge. The people living in that town have a very tight community bond like a big family and they would very much like to see this case solved. I'm 100% sure that no local person has a clue what happened to WT, else it would be reported for sure and IMO that's what makes this case all the more unusual.

I've been visiting that area for years and whilst it's definitely popular for retirees, I think that your comment on the 60yo men in caravan parks is a bit of a stretch. Those parks might have some permanent residents, including young people on welfare, but they are definitely mainly used for holiday purposes. Kendall is a very sleepy town away from the beaches and holiday areas with many older people and is not an area where you would expect this type of crime and aside from WT no young child has vanished up there to my knowledge. The people living in that town have a very tight community bond like a big family and they would very much like to see this case solved. I'm 100% sure that no local person has a clue what happened to WT, else it would be reported for sure and IMO that's what makes this case all the more unusual.
Hi NRL Fan, with your local knowledge/experience is there a general feeling as to what people think happened? What is the reaction to the latest developments focusing on the FF? Thanks

Ok,let's try this.
I worked there for a year 2020.
Booked into Jacaranda and was very happy there. It's 90% permanent and very busy during holidays, out of the 90% permanent I would estimate its 90% over 60 male.

Booked accommodation for staff at Lakewood, going off internet pictures, huge mistake, it's 95%permanent and a hole of giant proportions.
100%drunken druggo males.

After enquiries was told Dunbogan was the same(although I never used it)

About 3 cp style places in Laurieton and going on local knowledge there was a similar pattern.

Must say I played a game of golf at Kendall and was nice,but was told not to drink there during night time.

Most blokes I spoke(not all) to seemed to be retired from Newcastle mining area and bought cheap mobile homes to live out there life in a good climate.

But I could be wrong.
I'm only going on my 12 months of experience and talking to locals.

Hi NRL Fan, with your local knowledge/experience is there a general feeling as to what people think happened? What is the reaction to the latest developments focusing on the FF? Thanks
My conversations with people up there are mainly with my neighbours about 10km from the scene, but there is no consensus and a mix of ideas the same as here on this thread. If you talk to 10 locals you'll get 10 different theories. In Kendall the locals don't like the stigma of being the place where a 3yo boy vanished and there is a sense of shame and I'm sure they would love to see this case solved and every September there is the reminder that won't go away. I recall the small business owned by Bill Spedding in Laurieton called "Speddos" which was quickly abandoned after he was named prime suspect even though he had an iron clad alibi. After 12 months of investigation with clear incompetence on display from police and no WT found, I wondered if police were somehow responsible and involved in a cover up. Today, it's anyone's guess as to what happened to WT, but the police were more like keystone cops in that first year.

In terms of the people and demographics up there, you have three distinct groups aside from holiday visitors. One is the low income and often poorly educated locals that survive on welfare or a low income job or small business, the second are wealthy Sydney people that have a holiday house near the beach or lake and visit on weekends and holidays and the 3rd group are the over 60 retirees, mainly from Sydney, that usually buy a new home upon retirement and generally have good super savings. I'm in group two, but bought a house up there years ago as an investment when it was cheap and can now afford to use permanently it for my family. The locals generally don't like people in the other wealthier 'BMW car owner' groups and especially those that own a holiday house that sits vacant for much of the year. In Kendall, you only tend to get low income locals and retirees that like a large block of land for the vege patch or chook run as was the case with WT's FGM. If WT's FPs were not involved in his disappearance, then you would look at native locals as suspects ahead of the relocated retirees IMO. Kendall is not a place where you have many holiday houses or tourists, aside from the golf course at Kew that gets a flogging in the summer holiday period.

Ok,let's try this.
Booked into Jacaranda and was very happy there. It's 90% permanent and very busy during holidays, out of the 90% permanent I would estimate its 90% over 60 male.

Booked accommodation for staff at Lakewood, going off internet pictures, huge mistake, it's 95%permanent and a hole of giant proportions.

About 3 cp style places in Laurieton and going on local knowledge there was a similar pattern.

Must say I played a game of golf at Kendall and was nice,but was told not to drink there during night time.

Most blokes I spoke(not all) to seemed to be retired from Newcastle mining area and bought cheap mobile homes to live out there life in a good climate.

But I could be wrong.
What was the problem with drinking at the golf club at night time, did they say?

My conversations with people up there are mainly with my neighbours about 10km from the scene, but there is no consensus and a mix of ideas the same as here on this thread. If you talk to 10 locals you'll get 10 different theories. In Kendall the locals don't like the stigma of being the place where a 3yo boy vanished and there is a sense of shame and I'm sure they would love to see this case solved and every September there is the reminder that won't go away. I recall the small business owned by Bill Spedding in Laurieton called "Speddos" which was quickly abandoned after he was named prime suspect even though he had an iron clad alibi. After 12 months of investigation with clear incompetence on display from police and no WT found, I wondered if police were somehow responsible and involved in a cover up. Today, it's anyone's guess as to what happened to WT, but the police were more like keystone cops in that first year.

In terms of the people and demographics up there, you have three distinct groups aside from holiday visitors. One is the low income and often poorly educated locals that survive on welfare or a low income job or small business, the second are wealthy Sydney people that have a holiday house near the beach or lake and visit on weekends and holidays and the 3rd group are the over 60 retirees, mainly from Sydney, that usually buy a new home upon retirement and generally have good super savings. I'm in group two, but bought a house up there years ago as an investment when it was cheap and can now afford to use permanently it for my family. The locals generally don't like people in the other wealthier 'BMW car owner' groups and especially those that own a holiday house that sits vacant for much of the year. In Kendall, you only tend to get low income locals and retirees that like a large block of land for the vege patch or chook run as was the case with WT's FGM. If WT's FPs were not involved in his disappearance, then you would look at native locals as suspects ahead of the relocated retirees IMO. Kendall is not a place where you have many holiday houses or tourists, aside from the golf course at Kew that gets a flogging in the summer holiday period.
What demographic group would FGM and FGF belong to then, or is there a fourth group? It was my understanding that FM grew up in the area (if not in that particular house?), meaning that FGM and FGF most likely lived and worked there. I understand FGM was active in the community, and that FGF was some type of 'engineer'? Or did FGM and FGF only move there after they retired?

Ok,let's try this.

But I could be wrong.
Staying in the CPs would certainly give you a different perspective of the area compared myself as a home owner. Dunbogan is referred to as Dumb-bogan and even the suburb sign was vandalised in that vein. Lakewood looks like it was an after-thought, sitting in the middle of nowhere and about half the houses up there are cheap fibro jobs on the flood plain and get innundated every 20-30 years. But, the beaches and scenery up there is as good as it gets anywhere in the world. In 2 hours of fishing I'm usually heading home with more than we can eat and a day on the boat or beach is a day in paradise.

Last edited:
What demographic group would FGM and FGF belong to then, or is there a fourth group? It was my understanding that FM grew up in the area (if not in that particular house?), meaning that FGM and FGF most likely lived and worked there. I understand FGM was active in the community, and that FGF was some type of 'engineer'? Or did FGM and FGF only move there after they retired?
Not sure on the history of FGF and FGM. They seem to be in a smaller group of wealthier locals that are outside one of the main demographics. The FP's live on the north shore of Sydney not far from me and in a suburb where I grew up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back