Current Disappearance of 3yo William Tyrrell * The foster mother has been recommended for charges of pervert the course of justice & interfere with a corpse

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Criminal charges the former foster parents currently face as at 15 April 2022 include:
  • Apprehended Violence Orders on both (AVOs)
  • Lying to the NSW Crime Commission on former foster mother *Not Guilty
  • Lying to the NSW Crime Commission on former foster father *Not Guilty
  • 2 x charges of assault against a child on former foster mother *Guilty
  • 1 x charge of assault against a child on former foster father
  • Stalking &/or Intimidation on both
  • Dummy bidding real estate fraud *Guilty
TIMELINE

Where's William Tyrrell? - The Ch 10 podcast (under Coroner's subpoena)

Operation Arkstone

Last edited:
Not being privy to the reporting in other states regarding Williams disappearance, I don't think there has been a witch hunt of Spedding from day 1, certainly not in QLD anyway.
From what has been reported, William disappeared without a trace. Tracking dogs found no scent trail. No footprint(s), tyre marks, clothing or any evidence has been reported to have been found. It seems he has vanished without trace & without reason.
For the 1st few days after William vanishing, media here did have an interest in this case & there was no mention nor witch hunt of Spedding at the time. The only reporting of anyone of interest was a man asking for directions for the road from where William disappeared.
What has intrigued me about this case is the lack of reporting that had gone on. Only until recently has the media been reporting more consistently about it.
A witch hunt from day 1, no. An innocent man in the spotlight, maybe. A young boy still missing, yes. Leave no stone unturned in trying to find him.

Not being privy to the reporting in other states regarding Williams disappearance, I don't think there has been a witch hunt of Spedding from day 1, certainly not in QLD anyway.
From what has been reported, William disappeared without a trace. Tracking dogs found no scent trail. No footprint(s), tyre marks, clothing or any evidence has been reported to have been found. It seems he has vanished without trace & without reason.
For the 1st few days after William vanishing, media here did have an interest in this case & there was no mention nor witch hunt of Spedding at the time. The only reporting of anyone of interest was a man asking for directions for the road from where William disappeared.
What has intrigued me about this case is the lack of reporting that had gone on. Only until recently has the media been reporting more consistently about it.
A witch hunt from day 1, no. An innocent man in the spotlight, maybe. A young boy still missing, yes. Leave no stone unturned in trying to find him.

Agree with your thoughts on leaving no stone unturned, ultimately everyone wants little william home.

Witch hunt was probably a bit strongly worded but IMO the media shouldn't name a potential suspect as it will prejudice the case against them. Either way that's not isolated to this case so probably not worth derailing the thread for.

"William Tyrrell case: Unconfirmed reports Spider-Man toy found in van of William Spedding

Updated about 2 hours agoWed 10 Jun 2015, 3:37pm

Photo: William Spedding was arrested over historical offences at his home in Bonny Hills on the NSW mid-north coast in April. (AAP: Dan Himbrechts)
Related Story: Man investigated over William Tyrrell disappearance refused bail over unrelated child sex charges

New South Wales police will not confirm a newspaper report they found a Spider-Man toy in the work van of William "Bill" Spedding, a person of interest in the case of missing child William Tyrrell.

It has been almost 10 months since William, 3, disappeared from his grandmother's home at Kendall, near Port Macquarie on the NSW mid-north coast.

News Corp is reporting that when detectives were searching 63-year-old Spedding's work van during investigations into William's disappearance, they found a Spider-Man doll."

Spendings wife's reasoning for the spider-man doll found in the van was , to keep him company on long trips!
Makes him sound like a real sicko if that's the case, a kid wearing a Spider-Man outfit obviously likes Spider-Man so it's your a good chance to lure him with a Spider-Man toy.
But how did Spedding know William was wearing a Spider-Man outfit?
Now way by chance he had a coinciding toy, Spedding was tipped off what William was wearing but by whom?
The neighbour said she heard kids playing before she headed into town to do some Erin's, she could've spotted William & tipped off Spedding, if there's a pedo ring in Kendal then don't rule out anyone whom could be involved, including police.
William was taken, if wasn't by Spedding then he is involved in some way, mark my word.

The more this goes on the more ridiculous it seems that he just got snatched from their front yard and no one has seen a thing.

How does this happen?
It's just the way it goes.

Either someone has seen something, or knows something, and they're not cooperating with police. Or there is actually a chance that no one actually saw anything. I don't think it's too far fetched to suggest it would have taken less than 20 seconds to abduct him. If it took less time than that, it's reasonable to assume that no one actually saw an abduction take place.

In all likeliness, if an abduction did take place, the offender would have been friendly to lure him into a vehicle, meaning Daniel wouldn't have initially thought he was in danger. It's reasonable to assume a three-year-old wouldn't associate fear in the same way a six-year-old would.

From Michael Usher, re not showing the parents:

As I mentioned in our 60 Minutes story, there are legal complications that have blocked them and us reporting their story properly. But believe me, this is a family that doesn’t deserve doubt or suspicion just because their full identities can’t be shown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just the way it goes.

Either someone has seen something, or knows something, and they're not cooperating with police. Or there is actually a chance that no one actually saw anything. I don't think it's too far fetched to suggest it would have taken less than 20 seconds to abduct him. If it took less time than that, it's reasonable to assume that no one actually saw an abduction take place.

In all likeliness, if an abduction did take place, the offender would have been friendly to lure him into a vehicle, meaning Daniel wouldn't have initially thought he was in danger. It's reasonable to assume a three-year-old wouldn't associate fear in the same way a six-year-old would.

True. Really how many times do you look outside from your house to the street? For me it's practically never, once I'm home- a million kids could be abducted out there, I would have NFI. It's just a damn shame no one was outside, or the kid didn't scream, anything to alert someone.

I thought the detective's theory was very plausible about how it might have might have happened - a crime of opportunity, William wanders down, someone addresses him as spiderman, spirits him off. That all sounded simple and plausible. But the new evidence doesn;t seem to fit into the crime of opportunity scenario as it sounds like the cars were parked there waiting for something.

Anyone else think that the cop tensed up around the throat when he was asked if Spedding was a person of interest?

Only a theory of mine with no evidence whatsoever.

What if a paedo had arrived at the home of another paedo with the intention of doing whatever it is paedos do together. Then the paedo spots a young boy dressed as Spiderman and can't help themselves and proceed to abduct young Spiderman.

Seems like there's a few paedos in that area from media reports?

Would police have searched all houses in the street he went missing in and for cellars or hidden rooms?

I remember reading an article where it was mentioned at the time of William's disappearance, he was playing out the front of his grandmother's house with his four-year-old sister. I can only assume if this was the case, his sister would have seen something and reported it to her parents i.e. a description of the colour of the car, a description of the offender, etc?

Problem with the angle of the cars is that they could have just been incidental or a guess. Not sure why it took nearly a year to bring them up in the first place and normally when somethings unusual about a situation you tend to remember it quickly

The presence of those cars is interesting, because as the detective said, anyone visiting a local would have used a driveway due to the size of the blocks /driveways.

The driver of one could of spotted William playing and called a second person to come and assist? Possibly to provide a backup story if they were spotted / questioned.

I think the police know a lot more than has been released which is usually the way it is in cases like this. The suspect often gives away details that were never in the public domain.

One year on and the police have no idea who's cars were parked on the other side of the road on the morning of the disappearance. Are they all rookies up there? If you haven't found that out yet you're not doing a very good job.

Can you fill us in how those "rookies" can identify cars they have no regos of and dont even know the models of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back