Current Disappearance of little William Tyrrell *Homicide gets an AVO on the foster parents

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies1990

Debutant
Dec 9, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
? Someone known to WT. Ronald Chapman swears he saw him in a fast car driven by a woman with blonde hair up on a bun.

The results of this sighting I can’t recall hearing a clear answer. I think there was a report of a lady who said it was her and her child (and not WT) was the kid wearing the Spider-Man outfit in the car.
Didn’t hear much else though?

Poppy Penny

Draftee
Jan 12, 2022
AFL Club
Essendon
Both the FM and FF said the bruising was from a fall? I'm not sure that's inconsistent, do you have a link where this is mentioned? TIA.
2 seperate falls maybe. Or Wonder what version is correct?
Missing William Tyrell by Caroline Overingham
D263C283-75C3-44DC-8C2F-2328AA9E1A85.jpeg
J
ECC91D1A-6D2D-4166-8E8E-8DAB6A37E800.jpeg
AC99B6C8-351B-441C-A768-B2853DD050BE.jpeg

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
My son constantly fell and bruised himself as a toddler. They are impetuous, excitable, sometimes disobedient, and don't look where they're going and fall against furniture etc. It certainly sounds as if William was that sort of child.

It appears WT was a very boisterous little boy, in that light it might give a bit more weight to an accident theory.

CodyRose

Debutant
Dec 8, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Pushing an accident theory isn't really where I want to go but it makes as much sense as a random stranger abduction on a huge rural block at the end of a dead end street
Many people could have known the family was to be there and there were empty buildings nearby. They were expected just came early. William disappeared on the expected day. People in country towns notice everything and there were a fair few sex offenders around. That guy in W A was able to get Cleo Smith without being seen. I still don’t know how he did it from a small tent, without the child waking and screaming her head off. My grandmother boasted to everyone in a lead up to a visit from the children. Maybe word got out.

Awakening

Senior List
Oct 23, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Pushing an accident theory isn't really where I want to go but it makes as much sense as the random stranger abduction on a huge rural block at the end of a dead end street

I agree. Both versions seem improbable due to the apparent tight time line. It's not impossible but relies on a lot of "luck" for lack of a better word.

Either a stranger or known person just happens to be at a remote spot in a quiet culdesac at the exact moment he runs off by himself and grabs him and leaves no trace. Either has kept him alive and hidden or was able to get rid of the body.

Or there's a fatal accident and within minutes the FFC decides to cover it up. This in spite of her caring for this 3 year old child since he was a 7 month baby. She coldly disposes of the body and evidence while her own mother and foster daughter are there the entire time. She does this in a short time frame yet leaves no obvious evidence and is able to fool not only members of the public but journalists and cops. She either keeps it hidden from her mother and husband or confesses but is able to convince them to keep quiet.

Both seem unlikely to me, but at this point in time I think whatever has happened to William is an unlikely one or he'd be found by now.

There are other possibilities of course:

1. He wandered off and succumbed to the elements and for some reason neither his body or bright costume were found

2. FFC and/or MFC meticulously planned and premeditated his murder. Not sure what the motive would be and seems to fly in the face of them wanting a family of their own, wanting to adopt WT and even offering to help out with his siblings.

3. FGM was secretly a crime lord who was heavily involved in human trafficking and carefully co-ordinated her request for a cup of tea with the arrival of an abductor

4. Aliens

5. A combined scenario. William wandered off by himself AND was abducted. Or William wandered off and was accidentally killed by a car driven by either one of the foster parents or a complete stranger. Maybe MFC on his way back. Maybe FFC had decided to drive somewhere - to collect washing machine parts and accidentally collided with a wandering WT who she thought was with FGM. But again, seems so unlikely. Why not call for an ambulance as unfortunately car accidents happen regularly. And if a stranger did a hit and run, they don't usually stop to pick up the body, put it in their vehicle and dispose of it later.

But one of these unlikely scenarios is likely to be what happened, unless there are other scenarios I haven't thought of?

The CS case turned out to be an unlikely scenario. And trying to understand peoples motives can be difficult. I will never understand why Chris Watts didn't just divorce his pregnant wife instead of murdering her. And if he had murdered her "accidentally" in a moment of rage, why he then went onto to coldly murder his own children, who apparently up until that point had loved and cared for them.

Humans are messed up.

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I agree. Both versions seem improbable due to the apparent tight time line. It's not impossible but relies on a lot of "luck" for lack of a better word.

An abductor would have to be very lucky, there was also the foster father coming and going from that property. They were running the very real risk of not just being seen but getting trapped in that street.

jason_recliner

Senior List
Dec 9, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Pushing an accident theory isn't really where I want to go but it makes as much sense as a random stranger abduction on a huge rural block at the end of a dead end street

I don't think so. Abductions are rare but they definitely do occur. The usually sick and evil motives are well understood. Parents covering up an accident by disposing of the body and faking an abduction? I cannot think of one example or plausible motive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jason_recliner

Senior List
Dec 9, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
An abductor would have to be very lucky, there was also the foster father coming and going from that property. They were running the very real risk of not just being seen but getting trapped in that street.

Lucky but not exceptionally so. William was 4. A man could pick him up and put him in a car in well under a minute. Maybe it was planned, maybe it was opportunistic. There are 25,000,000 people in Australia, everywhere all the time. Unfortunately, from time to time circumstances align such that sick predators are able to access victims with no witnesses and leave the scene.

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Many people could have known the family was to be there and there were empty buildings nearby. They were expected just came early. William disappeared on the expected day. People in country towns notice everything and there were a fair few sex offenders around. That guy in W A was able to get Cleo Smith without being seen. I still don’t know how he did it from a small tent, without the child waking and screaming her head off. My grandmother boasted to everyone in a lead up to a visit from the children. Maybe word got out.

The empty buildings has always given me the jeevies in the sense of wondering who might have been hiding in them and watching the property.

IMO the Cleo Smith case though was different in that she was taken in the middle of the night out of an open campgrounds where there was a history of prowlers sneaking around on nefarious agenda. There was also evidence around the tent that someone else had been there and his car was spotted coming out of area early hours of the morning.

Lady O

Senior List
Dec 8, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
If we are giving our opinions on the most likely causes of his disappearance, I would say:

1. He wandered off and has succumbed without his body ever being found. I think the recent search only 900mtrs from where he went missing highlights that the searches were confined to the forest area not more than about 500 metres from where he was last seen. So it is still a possibility that his remains will eventually be found. I think the most likely scenario is that he drowned in one of the small but deep creeks or dams.

2. Abduction, by:
a) Friendly abductor, who has taken him to a new home where he is being raised.
b) Neighbourhood abductor, someone from the subdivision or someone visiting.
c) Random abductor, someone passing Benaroon Drive and saw WT and picked him up.

3. Accidental death, where a person has removed his body to protect themselves from prosecution for an unknown reason ( if a stranger - drink driving, unlicensed driving, etc).

4. Other??

kat1234

Team Captain
Nov 23, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I don't think so. Abductions are rare but they definitely do occur. The usually sick and evil motives are well understood. Parents covering up an accident by disposing of the body and faking an abduction? I cannot think of one example or plausible motive.

“Parents covering up an accident by disposing of the body and faking an abduction? I cannot think of one example or plausible motive.”

JonBenet? I think that’s a good example. But as we know her body was found in the family home.

Last edited:

Pies1990

Debutant
Dec 9, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood

That’s my dilemma too. Even though the CS abduction was a very risky and what you’d normally think impossible, WT went missing during the day and IMO cars would’ve been heard or cars/people seen. And how would they pick a street where it was a dead end, out of town.
Whatever has happened, it’s a sneaky act by someone. The fact that the dogs got no scent beyond the property seems to indicate he didn’t walk off

kat1234

Team Captain
Nov 23, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Both the FM and FF said the bruising was from a fall...

There were two versions, officially, as were written about in Caroline Overington’s book, but Ben (the case worker) from FACS documented that WT fell on the coffee table when climbing on FFFC when she was having tea.

CO recommended going with that version as “Ben takes good notes.”

IMO I don’t think FFFC has given the child a black eye. I understand WT received hospital care for the injury and I’m sure the medical staff are very familiar with the different types of childhood injuries and which ones look suspicious and which ones don’t match up with the caregiver’s account of events.

Last edited:

kat1234

Team Captain
Nov 23, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
That’s my dilemma too. Even though the CS abduction was a very risky and what you’d normally think impossible, WT went missing during the day and IMO cars would’ve been heard or cars/people seen. And how would they pick a street where it was a dead end, out of town.
Whatever has happened, it’s a sneaky act by someone. The fact that the dogs got no scent beyond the property seems to indicate he didn’t walk off
IMO he definitely didn’t walk off. If we go with the dog theory, he was put in a car.
But there were no cars seen in the street apart from FFFC later triggered *memories*.

And the community search for the lost boy was so significant that police knew early on there was human intervention. Homicide was involved super early on.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad