Current Disappearance of 3yo William Tyrrell * The foster mother has been recommended for charges of pervert the course of justice & interfere with a corpse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Criminal charges the former foster parents currently face as at 15 April 2022 include:
  • Apprehended Violence Orders on both (AVOs)
  • Lying to the NSW Crime Commission on former foster mother *Not Guilty
  • Lying to the NSW Crime Commission on former foster father *Not Guilty
  • 2 x charges of assault against a child on former foster mother *Guilty
  • 1 x charge of assault against a child on former foster father
  • Stalking &/or Intimidation on both
  • Dummy bidding real estate fraud *Guilty
TIMELINE

Where's William Tyrrell? - The Ch 10 podcast (under Coroner's subpoena)

Operation Arkstone

Last edited:
Three-year-old William Tyrell went missing from his grandmother's backyard at Kendall on the NSW mid-north coast on 12th September 2014.

Search involving police, SES and volunteers from 13th to 21st September 2014 when the search was scaled down.

January 6 2015 - Police deny it was a targeted abduction

January 20, 2015
Forensic teams searched the home of tradesman William Harrie Spedding, who was understood to have given a quote at William's grandmother's house four days before he disappeared.

Police seized a number of items and the property's septic tank was drained. Police also executed a search warrant for a Laurieton pawn shop believed to be operated by Mr Spedding.

2nd March 2015
The Homicide Squad began a new search for the body of William in dense bushland at Bonny Hills off the Pacific Highway after a tip-off from a member of the public.

Police searched for his body and further evidence about 20 kilometres from where William was last seen, in an area around Houston Mitchell Drive and Long Point Road.

Search continues.

Lets just hope this doesn't end up like the Beaumont children case and never being solved.

Bones reportedly found yesterday but yet to be established whether they are human or animal.

Spedding is reported to have driven by the search site yesterday prior to police searching.

Terrible to think about how some perpetrator could commit such a hideous crime- it's unlikely the boy wandered off and got lost.

Max Force

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2013
QLD
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A very sad case indeed. It fills me with sadness & utter rage that sub humans do this to innocent children.

Tyrrell is quite a common name in NSW & when I hear of it I think of wine. Tyrell is not a common name in NSW & you will be hard pressed to find many with that surname.
Very little information has been released to the public regarding the parents.
Spedding. What's in a name?

spe.jpg

And why would he put this on facebook?

spee.jpg

Bones found in search have been reported as animal bones.

As a parent it's pretty fkd to think that our kids are not even safe in our own yards anymore.
Personally I think that anyone who commits terrible heinous acts (abduction, torture, rape, murder) against children, forfeit their right to life & as such should be exterminated until their ilk is eradicated from existence.

I hope they find the young lad & how & why he disappeared?

The parents who cant be identified (police say nothing suspicious) made a plea today for their son.

Police also in a media release have said they are now looking at a link to a pedophile ring in port macquarie area. Not sure what to make of this new development ?

Aug 13, 2007
Vancouver
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oilers
Read about this last night. Cute little kid. As a father of two young ones I find these things tough to read. My oldest is a little younger than William and I just cannot even imagine what the parents must be going through. I don't want to imagine. I hope it's at worst one of those cases where somebody wants a child of their own and that he is being cared for.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Has Daniel Morcambe repeat all over it.

I do hope this doesnt turn out like the Morcombe case, but the reality is that this child is already suffering. I hope that he is alive, healthy and cared for..

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
Shithouse that there has been a media witch hunt on a bloke who they have very little on. What ever happened to presumption of innocence?

Hope for a miracle that little william is found alive but reckon there is a zero percent chance

Good thing the OP pointed out he's small as I generally picture 3-year-olds to be the size of basketball players.
Where does the OP make any mention of William being three years old?

Should he have named the thread "Disappearance of three-year-old William Tyrell" instead? Would you then come in here and say, "Good thing the OP pointed out he's three, as I generally picture little people to be grand parents"?

From NSW Police FB page -

Detectives investigating the disappearance of toddler, William Tyrrell, have arrested a 63-year-old man on the state’s Mid North Coast in relation to a series of historical child sex offences.

Around 1.30 this afternoon (Wednesday 22 April), investigators from the State Crime Command’s Homicide Squad attended an address at Bonny Hills, near Port Macquarie, and took the man into custody.

He was taken to the Port Macquarie Police Station where he is being questioned by police about the alleged sexual assaults of two girls, aged three and six, in 1987 in Sydney.

Officers from Strike Force Rosann stress the arrest does not relate to the disappearance of William Tyrrell.

Investigations into that matter are continuing.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
This might sound bad but you have to feel sorry for Spedding for being charged with such old events, I know it's not uncommon these days but if Tyrell hadn't disappeared I highly doubt he would've been charged. And this is assuming he's not responsible for taking Tyrell.

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
This might sound bad but you have to feel sorry for Spedding for being charged with such old events, I know it's not uncommon these day but if Tyrell hadn't disappeared I highly doubt he would've been charged. And this is assuming he's not responsible for taking Tyrell.

I agree to an extent, caveat being he turns out.to be innocent of all charges.

If he actually committed the offences inmthe 80s (which I doubt) than he deserves to be charged.

Has been an absolute media witch hunt on him since day 1 and there just doesn't seem to be any evidence to suggest it was him.

Interesting he was arrested by the Homicide Squad and not some sex crimes squad and then bail for a offences committed in the 1980's was refused. The police are trying to play it down but their actions suggest this is the man, just haven't got enough evidence for the 'beyond reasonable doubt'.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Interesting he was arrested by the Homicide Squad and not some sex crimes squad and then bail for a offences committed in the 1980's was refused. The police are trying to play it down but their actions suggest this is the man, just haven't got enough evidence for the 'beyond reasonable doubt'.

Yeah the no bail bit give it away I think.

Max Force

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2013
QLD
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I agree to an extent, caveat being he turns out.to be innocent of all charges.

If he actually committed the offences inmthe 80s (which I doubt) than he deserves to be charged.

Has been an absolute media witch hunt on him since day 1 and there just doesn't seem to be any evidence to suggest it was him.

And you know this because. . . . . . . . . . .?

Retired Jimmy

Cancelled
Sep 7, 2013
Rebuilding
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong VFL, Geelong Falcons
The police havent shown him what they have in person therefor they dont have any !
Of course they have something on him. These are very serious allegations, and I gaurantee the informants have liaised with the DPP Extensively before proceeding with formal charges........

Last edited:

830SCD

Senior List
Mar 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Of course they have something on him. These are very serious allegations, and I gaurantee the informants have liaised with the DPP Extensively before proceeding with formal charges.........bail would have been refused because of the seriousness of the offences, and the results of the police investigation.....he would have fronted a justice of the peace initially, who would have based his determination to refuse bail on evidence provided by the police

Next he would have fronted a magistrate to seek bail, and from here the onus is on the accused to show cause as to why he should be granted bail.
That normally includes things like
1: ties to the community
2: family support
3: work
4: likelyhood of reoffending while on bail
5: risk to the community
6: cedence report

At this stage, they don't even need to provide the accused lawyers with a hand up brief, something which police are slow to provide at the best of times.
No bail absolutely means they have something on him......
I was being sarcastic...my response was directed at the following quote from earlier in the thread, regarding the initial interview.

"Has been an absolute media witch hunt on him since day 1 and there just doesn't seem to be any evidence to suggest it was him."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back