Current Disappearance of 3yo William Tyrrell * The foster mother has been recommended for charges of pervert the course of justice & interfere with a corpse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Criminal charges the former foster parents currently face as at 15 April 2022 include:
  • Apprehended Violence Orders on both (AVOs)
  • Lying to the NSW Crime Commission on former foster mother *Not Guilty
  • Lying to the NSW Crime Commission on former foster father *Not Guilty
  • 2 x charges of assault against a child on former foster mother *Guilty
  • 1 x charge of assault against a child on former foster father
  • Stalking &/or Intimidation on both
  • Dummy bidding real estate fraud *Guilty
TIMELINE

Where's William Tyrrell? - The Ch 10 podcast (under Coroner's subpoena)

Operation Arkstone

Last edited:

Steve The Dude

Left Right Out
Feb 9, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
A bag, a thread, a square of cloth, lol, looking terrible for the po-pos…any late news anyone?
This should have been done 7 years ago. I think that they are just taking a last all-out roll of the dice hoping for a Daniel Morecombe style breakthrough. Still, even if they don't find William's remains, they might be able to mount a risky circumstantial case based upon all of the facts combined with LT's bruises. Funny though how the FPs are adamant about their right to the presumption of innocence, yet seemed to be hoping that a schmuck such as Spedding or Savage would be convicted on a far less convincing circumstantial case.

This might be in some part, what has them searching on Batar Creek Road. It rings a bell so I might have heard this years ago.

Taken from a youtube narration by a lady who writes to the Coroner. November, 2019.

BatarCreekRoad.png

This should have been done 7 years ago. I think that they are just taking a last all-out roll of the dice hoping for a Daniel Morecombe style breakthrough. Still, even if they don't find William's remains, they might be able to mount a risky circumstantial case based upon all of the facts combined with LT's bruises. Funny though how the FPs are adamant about their right to the presumption of innocence, yet seemed to be hoping that a schmuck such as Spedding or Savage would be convicted on a far less convincing circumstantial case.
I’ve never heard that they expressed that hope

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Sorry but why is there still constant suppression of identities in this case?

tips are all context

If you don’t know who the Relevant identities are by their face, how are you supposed to contextualise that you saw one of them coming out of the forest the day before etc etc (total made up example)

William was failed by putting privacy of others above justice for him IMO

I’ve found it particularly maddening in this case.

austcrime

Debutant
Oct 22, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
ABC Media Watch last night does a pretty good summary of everything reported in the press and tv over the past few weeks...

As a side note; interesting how every "breaking theory" I have read in here; was first published by these media outlets - according to the summary on MW... lmao ...

Media Watch also talked about the hugely expensive defamation payouts happening left, right, and centre - because of defamatory attacks on innocent parties from the media and police...

(Me thinks that horse has already bolted in here...). eg MW cautioned about condemning and/or slandering the FM with no real evidence ....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
ABC Media Watch last night does a pretty good summary of everything reported in the press and tv over the past few weeks...

As a side note; interesting how every "breaking theory" I have read in here; was first published by these media outlets - according to the summary on MW... lmao ...

Media Watch also talked about the hugely expensive defamation payouts happening left, right, and centre - because of defamatory attacks on innocent parties from the media and police...

(Me thinks that horse has already bolted in here...). eg MW cautioned about condemning and/or slandering the FM with no real evidence ....

MW is hit and miss these days but the piece was good. It’s quite right. Has a boy who cried wolf vibe about it after so many suspects were dragged through the mud.

I’m hoping they’ve learned and that it’s like the missing campers case where an arrest is basically imminent.

Steve The Dude

Left Right Out
Feb 9, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’ve never heard that they expressed that hope
During the coronial inquest, they expressed their concern through a 'media release' about how Mr Savage had an unaccounted for 2 hours when he was home alone for 2 hours listening to Ray Hadley whilst his wife went out to play bingo, and that this was suspicious and not being pursued vigorously enough by NSWPF. It all started with the finger of suspicion being pointed at Bill Spedding, and continued with a total of about 650 'persons of interest' over several years culminating in the Paul Savage persecution campaign. Jubelin was in constant contact with FPs reporting to them the so called 'progress' of the investigation, and Jubelin seems to be on very friendly terms with the FPs.

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond

When did this become a thing?

We can't afford for Police to not feel comfortable investigating people for fear of defamation.

We talk about tunnel vision being an issue, and yet we take money from the police for casting a wide net...it's about little William, we should stop crying for and remunerating adult suspects

(understand that Jubelin crossed the line, but still)

Last week, Detective Chief Superintendent Darren Bennett said the decision behind the major search revival was “in response to evidence we have obtained over the course of the investigation” and it was “not speculative in any way”.

Speaking to Sunrise on Tuesday, Police Minister David Elliot assured viewers that investigators wouldn’t be back in Kendall unless they thought there was something there that could help with the investigation.

“They wouldn’t be there unless they thought there were new and fresh leads,” he told the program.

Sep 20, 2007
Dungeon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
When did this become a thing?

We can't afford for Police to not feel comfortable investigating people for fear of defamation.

We talk about tunnel vision being an issue, and yet we take money from the police for casting a wide net...it's about little William, we should stop crying for and remunerating adult suspects

(understand that Jubelin crossed the line, but still)
Investigative results can't be at the expense of destroying the lives of innocent people. What happened to Bill Spedding was a disgrace and he rightly should be heavily compensated.

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Investigative results can't be at the expense of destroying the lives of innocent people. What happened to Bill Spedding was a disgrace and he rightly should be heavily compensated.
everyone is innocent until proven guilty, police having you as a suspect does not destroy your life!

now if the media piles on as though you are guilty, fine, sue them

but not the cops

Sep 20, 2007
Dungeon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
everyone is innocent until proven guilty, police having you as a suspect does not destroy your life!

now if the media piles on as though you are guilty, fine, sue them

but not the cops
Rubbish. They made certain the media were kept updated and tipped them off as to the draining of his septic tank so as to pile on the pressure and then arrested him over historic assault charges that had been dropped and were never going anywhere. You can't chum up a media circus and then stand back and say it's not your fault. It was a tactic that backfired and should be condemned and compensated for.

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Rubbish. They made certain the media were kept updated and tipped them off as to the draining of his septic tank so as to pile on the pressure and then arrested him over historic assault charges that had been dropped and were never going anywhere. You can't chum up a media circus and then stand back and say it's not your fault. It was a tactic that backfired and should be condemned and compensated for.
I think the opposite.

As citizens we should all be happy to be suspects, if we are remotely connected to the case, we should facilitate the cops ruling us out as quick as possible, so they can get to real crim.

circuses are what the media does, no cop needs to churn them up.

Sep 20, 2007
Dungeon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think the opposite.

As citizens we should all be happy to be suspects, if we are remotely connected to the case, we should facilitate the cops ruling us out as quick as possible, so they can get to real crim.

He fully co-operated and the police refused to rule him out despite a very solid alibi. He was arrested, had his grandkids taken away and his business ruined. And he should be happy about it .... It's not an acceptable price to pay nor does it have to be that way.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
I think the opposite.

Absolutely not. The way justice works is that a suspect should be investigated if there's a real link to the crime. Otherwise the police would be subpoenaing endless amounts of suspects and causing mayhem.

The facts are that the only link to the disappearance was that the washing repairman repaired a washing machine at the family house in the week before the disappearance. It is important to note that WT was not present when the washing repairman attended the premises.

This is not enough of a link to be subject to investigation. The coppers went for him because he had child abuse charges dismissed 30 years ago and formed a prejudicial view of him, a no no usually. They even tried to reinstate historical charges in an attempt to pressure him into a confession.

Washing repairman had as much of a link to the case as anyone who lived in the street. Was the postman questioned? Has just as much of a link to the disappearance as the washing repairman. What about any person within a 500m radius of the property? Were they all investigated?

It is absolutely unacceptable to have your name splashed across the media as a possible suspect in a disappearance of a little boy simply down to the fact you fixed a washing machine at the premises where the child disappeared from and it's even more ridiculous that he had a rock solid alibi in any case that they did not want to listen to. Attempts by police to imply that they were "doing him a favour" are simply untrue.

Compensation is very likely to be significant for this whole saga.

TheDudeAbides

His dudeness, duder, or el dudorino
Sep 4, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think the opposite.

So what you are saying is you would be happy to spend over 8 weeks of your life in Jail on trumped up charges of historical child sex offenses as a direct result of incorrectly being labeled as a suspect in this case.

So you would then also be happy to spend potentially tens of thousands or even more on lawyers trying to clear your name?

It took the police over a year to investigate his solid alibi, plus they never cleared him of the historical charges - the DPP threw them out with no evidence (meaning the police slapped the charges and he spent 8 weeks in jail on something with no evidence).

I am pro police but the conduct on this particular person was not good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back